Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 05-15-2013, 05:25 PM   #15
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Very nice,looks wicked.
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:33 PM   #16
Jims Mongoose
Jim

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
Oh Wow

Congrats on the new baby in the family. It is stunning.

Also thank you for showing another color than black that I can consider.

Best of luck

I don't know if you have the dual mode exhausts or not, but if you do then enjoy it and watch the cops wonder why the car was noisy two minutes ago and is now quiet.

Jim
Jims Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:52 PM   #17
Jims Mongoose
Jim

I should have noticed

I now noticed the Quad tips, which means you have dual mode. You will love it.

As I have said on other posts, GM did something to this car, I drove one with dual mode exhausts, a 1LE and is felt alot more responsive then a similarly equipped SS.

Love it, kind of jealous actually.

Jim
Old 05-15-2013, 07:20 PM   #18
HighMtnSS

Drives: '13 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE, 1 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims Mongoose View Post

As I have said on other posts, GM did something to this car, I drove one with dual mode exhausts, a 1LE and is felt alot more responsive then a similarly equipped SS.

Jim
Yes, it's the exhaust and also the 3.91 rear end that makes the 1LE feel more responsive.
HighMtnSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:17 PM   #19
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Congrats Dropspeed on finally getting your 1LE. I too will be looking forward to hearing your review on the performance and handling on the track as well as your impressions on its road manners.

Also if you could relay what your experience with Becky and Rodgers Chevrolet made it a more enjoyable experience over your past purchases

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:21 PM   #20
Bauer2

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE and 2009 R1
Congrats!!
Bauer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:27 PM   #21
SlowSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Congrats!!!
Old 05-15-2013, 08:29 PM   #22
Jims Mongoose
Jim

I submit this respectfully

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighMtnSS View Post
Yes, it's the exhaust and also the 3.91 rear end that makes the 1LE feel more responsive.

On another thread we talked a great deal about this. I looked into the gear ratios. Even though the 1LE has a higher numerical rear ratio of 3.91, if you calculate the overal ratio between rear and tranny they are so close through 2 gears that I don't believe that is the reason.

It is other factors, maybe higher output LS3's in the selection process, the tip to toe response as 'Norm' had suggested or something else. It is dramatic.

No Matter he will really enjoy this car, it is an awesome street car, with lots of potential built in if he wants more.

Jim
Old 05-15-2013, 09:09 PM   #23
HighMtnSS

Drives: '13 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE, 1 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims Mongoose View Post
On another thread we talked a great deal about this. I looked into the gear ratios. Even though the 1LE has a higher numerical rear ratio of 3.91, if you calculate the overal ratio between rear and tranny they are so close through 2 gears that I don't believe that is the reason.

It is other factors, maybe higher output LS3's in the selection process, the tip to toe response as 'Norm' had suggested or something else. It is dramatic.

No Matter he will really enjoy this car, it is an awesome street car, with lots of potential built in if he wants more.

Jim
Yes, there is something special about these cars.

I notice a "seat of the pants" difference that is night and day between my 1LE and my "11 2SS.

Perhaps, 1LE's do receive hand picked LS3's.
HighMtnSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:35 PM   #24
BigBlock69RS
Ed

Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Very nice car! We have similar tastes.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:02 PM   #25
ReoRockStar

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT 45th AE
Nice 👍 congrats on the new ride!!

~{Eat,Sleep,Drive}~
Old 05-15-2013, 10:44 PM   #26
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Thank guys.

Ok. Just got in from some break in miles with a friend and also NASA spec miata racer. Thoughts in no particular order.

Car feels very solid.
It pulls really hard in 2nd and 3rd gears.
The power is nice and linear, the speed is almost deceiving as it just keeps pulling through the RPMs.
My buddy commented on how crisp the shifts were from the passenger seat.
NPP sounds awesome, but in a parking lot ect I can hear the metal flaps "tinning"
Brakes are solid. I like the pedal feel and feed back.
Steering feedback is nice (so far on the street)
I love the 2013 rimless rearview mirror as it actually makes te windshield seem bigger. (Less in your line of site)
Holy cow these power windows are fast down and these doors are long when opening them
Most importantly: I have yet to have hill assist kick in. I expected it a couple times on actual inclines and I got nothing? So far so good but I am going to try to get it to kick in tomorrow just to see if it is actually there.

Highlights of the first night out.:

A modified G8 wanted to have a go so we both rolled out of a turn around and had at it. By 3rd I was 3-4 cars up. (This was in Mexico) he rolls up at the light and says. "What all do you have done to it" ME " nothing. Bone stock, just picked it up today and I only have 129 miles on it. HIM (with a look like I just took his candy "oh"

2nd. And nice young African American riding in a hooptie with a pick in his hair stops his phone conversation mid sentence at a light and yells at the top of his lungs. THAT IS A BAD B*TCH so I reply with a thank you.

Finally as we were heading in a flock of 3 brand new M plate stingrays is heading northbound on Woodward (we are now back in Michigan) so we follow to get a better look. Exchange friendlies with the driver of the lead car and just take them in. WOW those look hot on the street.

That's about it for the first night out. I am very happy with my purchase!

-Matt
Old 05-15-2013, 11:01 PM   #27
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
Congrats Dropspeed on finally getting your 1LE. I too will be looking forward to hearing your review on the performance and handling on the track as well as your impressions on its road manners.

Also if you could relay what your experience with Becky and Rodgers Chevrolet made it a more enjoyable experience over your past purchases
From my first visit until my pick up today everyone has been so friendly and helpful. You can tell it is a top notch facility through all departments and that can only come from the management down. So often at dealers people are too busy to assist or just want to hurry you along. In all the departments I have yet to feel like I wasn't their number one priority at that time.

I picked up some ZL1 splash shields today and the service manager was almost insisting he carry them to the car for me. (I am a muscular 220 and my hands were empty ) They are just and overall friendly bunch of people that seem to enjoy what they do
Old 05-16-2013, 11:35 AM   #28
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
Ordered the car on April 4th. VIN received May 2nd, Car arrived ar Rodgers May 9th, financing was secure last week (1.74%), Insurance was activated on May 13th and I was trying to hold out until tomorrow to try for a Private offer............and then I received a taunting email from Becky D. this morning at 9:22AM.

"Sure is a nice day "

Above is the only thing the email said and I caved!!!!!! Picked her up just before noon!

Thanks again Becky and Rodgers!!!!

Pics are from Friday night when I went down to see it!

EDIT: I forgot to post what I found in the center console!!!!! Thanks Mike!

Between Camaro5, Rodgers and Mike this has been the best car buying experience ever. (I have purchased a ton of cars over the years)
Dropspeed,

Congrats on your Camaro! Drive safe out there and don't hesitate to contact us with any inquiries.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care