Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-25-2016, 06:01 PM   #141
mkorgan

Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
I wish GM would take my $$$ already.
You and me both...
mkorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 07:02 PM   #142
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
People certainly over estimate how much more the 6th generation 1SS MSRP for over the 5th generation 1SS. Also people are throwing into the equation a bunch of dealer install options, while chevy still had the 5th generation Camaro up I optioned one up with all of the dealer add ons and was over $60,000 range for a 5th generation 2SS Camaro.

Though I can clearly see if you were the kind of person who order a 5th generation 1SS 1LE with no other options who was looking at a $37,500 MSRP (not counting discounts to keep things apples to apples) may be looking at this with worry. We will have to wait and see what the price structure looks like for both the 1LE and ZL1 Camaro though I really expect the ZL1 to start at about $65,000 at the most.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 07:39 PM   #143
clanky
Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro 2S

Drives: 16 Hyper Blue2SS NPP MagRide 6M NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc7000 View Post
People certainly over estimate how much more the 6th generation 1SS MSRP for over the 5th generation 1SS. Also people are throwing into the equation a bunch of dealer install options, while chevy still had the 5th generation Camaro up I optioned one up with all of the dealer add ons and was over $60,000 range for a 5th generation 2SS Camaro.

Though I can clearly see if you were the kind of person who order a 5th generation 1SS 1LE with no other options who was looking at a $37,500 MSRP (not counting discounts to keep things apples to apples) may be looking at this with worry. We will have to wait and see what the price structure looks like for both the 1LE and ZL1 Camaro though I really expect the ZL1 to start at about $65,000 at the most.
I sure do hope the ZL1 is around the 65k mark. A dealer I visited earlier this month told me they would be 75-80k.. then again he is trying to sell me something off his lot that day so.. take that with a grain of salt. An of course the dealers don't even really know yet so it's all speculation and hope!
clanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:38 PM   #144
GoneBoy

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PH3688 View Post
Do you know Cpt Vince Noble, lelzlelz? Of course you don't him personally, but you should. So because I don't know OPPO does that make me uncool, outta the loop, not worthy enough , not one of the Bros? Lol gtfoh. Furthermore and what does knowing him have to do with anything? I answered your defense already in lieu of the gen 4 which btw KiLLed the camaro off. And then the big pricing mistake of the z/28. And let me tell ya something I don't believe any one anymore. Call me a person with trust issues but it kept me alive in Iraq and Afghanistan. So falling on word one who owns stock with repeat mistakes of the past doesn't brood to well with me. And when you continually do it, it tarnishes public image. So belive him all you want. That's on you. I'll go sit by myself in the Un cool table chachi. Hrumph.
Nah, man...cmon over here, give us all a big bro' hug, and leave that uncool table be. We're all kindred spirits here.

The 70k+ camaro argument isn't as binary as 'to buy' or 'not to buy'. the z28's purpose was just too singular. Had it been more versatile, i think it would have sold marginally better. However, that would have defeated the entire purpose of the car. Now if the new zl1 starts at 70k (which I wholeheartedly doubt), a bunch of us would moan and groan, but I hate to say some of us would still buy it....myself included. I mean, for less than 80k, you have a machine that can walk down some of Germany's best, charge your smart phone, take the wifey out to the pinnacle of fine dining at Golden Corral, and still fit a small kid or two in the back seat. The purchase process of a 70k+ zl1 simply wouldn't be as enjoyable as one costing 10k less.

So even if you're right, it would still sell, albeit not as well. Some may wait for the gt500 (which I believe will carry an absurd out-the-door price), some may look at a new stingray or used z06, and others may downgrade to the 1le. But I doubt it would be as much as a sales disaster as the gen5 z28.
GoneBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 10:02 PM   #145
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by clanky View Post
This is exactly the reason I never understood why us males had a higher premium.... Then I get behind the wheel of a sportscar and I quickly remember again lol.. That is a great pic though.
That fine line , males pay more ,,,is getting a little blurry
Just open the newspaper and see what's around , some states are letting transgenders use whatever bathroom they ID themselves at the moment
Okay , will that also applies on how the insurance companies calculate the premiums for auto insurance policies !?
I can't wait to see what will happen , and it is coming soon !
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 10:04 PM   #146
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
Just open the newspaper and see what's around , some states are letting transgenders use whatever bathroom they ID themselves at the moment
Okay , will that also applies on how the insurance companies calculate the premiums for auto insurance policies !?
I identify as a billionaire and am writing checks based on that. They have to honor them, right?
Old 04-25-2016, 10:05 PM   #147
clanky
Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro 2S

Drives: 16 Hyper Blue2SS NPP MagRide 6M NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
hahaha man never thought of that... I mean it's messed up for sure, but hilarious.
clanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 11:14 AM   #148
tone228

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Ok. Let's evaluate this.

The base SS is about a $37,000 car. The 2015 1SS was $33,500. However, the new Camaro includes the RS equipment...a $1350 charge in 2015. So really...the difference between these two cars (sans the RS equipment) is only ~$2050, or 6%. The increase between 2015 and 2017 across the board for Camaro has been between 6% and 7%. Even with the expensive engine, driver mode selector, Mag Ride capability, new interior, etc, etc, etc.

The ZL1 has always included the RS equipment standard, which is why I make that point.

Now...the 2015 ZL1 cost $55,505.

A) You can calculate 6% more......................................and get $58,835

B) You can do that, and add 1995 for the Recaro seats....and get $60,830

C) You can take the difference between a
2015 ZL1 and 2015 2SS/RS, and add it to a 2017 2SS....and get $62,555

D) You can take the difference between a
C7 Z06 and Stingray ($24,000) and add that to a 2SS.....and get $65,905

There are many ways to do the math...none of which suggest the ZL1 will start as high as $70,000, a stone's throw away from a Z06 Corvette...Don't forget that they charged that much for a Z/28. And they still have not sold all the 2015's produced. The market isn't ready to buy too many $70,000 Camaros. ZL1 is not a limited-production model.

...Or...you can listen to what Al Oppenheiser, a straight shooter, suggests: that they won't be "price gouging" the ZL1. It will be expensive. It will increase in price vs last generation...but it's still a Camaro, and that means value...

With all the standard equipment being provided to the 1LE this go around (MR, eLSD, Recaro seats)...I really wouldn't be surprised if the cost exceeded that of the 2SS. But not by much.
Don't come on here and try to use logic. This is the internet. It's all about speculating and making thing up because "we said so, that's why!" NOW GET!!
tone228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 12:41 PM   #149
PH3688
Marines are ghey

Drives: A car
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneBoy View Post
Nah, man...cmon over here, give us all a big bro' hug, and leave that uncool table be. We're all kindred spirits here.

The 70k+ camaro argument isn't as binary as 'to buy' or 'not to buy'. the z28's purpose was just too singular. Had it been more versatile, i think it would have sold marginally better. However, that would have defeated the entire purpose of the car. Now if the new zl1 starts at 70k (which I wholeheartedly doubt), a bunch of us would moan and groan, but I hate to say some of us would still buy it....myself included. I mean, for less than 80k, you have a machine that can walk down some of Germany's best, charge your smart phone, take the wifey out to the pinnacle of fine dining at Golden Corral, and still fit a small kid or two in the back seat. The purchase process of a 70k+ zl1 simply wouldn't be as enjoyable as one costing 10k less.

So even if you're right, it would still sell, albeit not as well. Some may wait for the gt500 (which I believe will carry an absurd out-the-door price), some may look at a new stingray or used z06, and others may downgrade to the 1le. But I doubt it would be as much as a sales disaster as the gen5 z28.
OK, alright I'll stop being anti social. I'm coming just save me a seat will ya. I really have hopes that this will be as people predict at 65k I really do because I want to upgrade into it but only to go to golden corral and possibly the most authentic Mexican fine dining establishment Taco Bell .
I've been saving for this beast and 65k is justifiable for me to pull the trigger. But damned if I do get that feeling of omg this is gonna be that price of 70+/- k. Then I'll just have to settle for my 1le to Ruth Chris and that's a bummer.
Old 04-26-2016, 02:23 PM   #150
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Do you know Cpt Vince Noble, lelzlelz? Of course you don't him personally, but you should. So because I don't know OPPO does that make me uncool, outta the loop, not worthy enough , not one of the Bros? Lol gtfoh. Furthermore and what does knowing him have to do with anything? I answered your defense already in lieu of the gen 4 which btw KiLLed the camaro off. And then the big pricing mistake of the z/28. And let me tell ya something I don't believe any one anymore. Call me a person with trust issues but it kept me alive in Iraq and Afghanistan. So falling on word one who owns stock with repeat mistakes of the past doesn't brood to well with me. And when you continually do it, it tarnishes public image. So belive him all you want. That's on you. I'll go sit by myself in the Un cool table chachi. Hrumph.
Has nothing to do with being cool or not. Is has more to do with making judgements on someone you don't know vs making comments on a complete stranger.

Of course I have no idea who Cpt Vince Noble, lelzlelz is but I never made any kind of comment or judgement about him.

I only meant that I happen to Know Al.O, and if you knew him, you'd understand that he is a man of his word.

That's all.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 03:01 PM   #151
Gambina

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I got way to excited from seeing these pictures
Gambina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 03:37 AM   #152
GoneBoy

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
OK, alright I'll stop being anti social. I'm coming just save me a seat will ya. I really have hopes that this will be as people predict at 65k I really do because I want to upgrade into it but only to go to golden corral and possibly the most authentic Mexican fine dining establishment Taco Bell .
I've been saving for this beast and 65k is justifiable for me to pull the trigger. But damned if I do get that feeling of omg this is gonna be that price of 70+/- k. Then I'll just have to settle for my 1le to Ruth Chris and that's a bummer.
GoneBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 03:14 PM   #153
artsbest

Drives: ZL1
Wow, you're one astute driver. Is that not the ZL1 label on the back left of the car?
artsbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 03:21 PM   #154
artsbest

Drives: ZL1
I wonder how many ZL1's GM has built running about being tested? And who is driving this unit? GM folk or a 3rd party group?
artsbest is offline   Reply With Quote