Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-29-2018, 12:29 PM   #1
DWR

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Finally found/bought one!

Saturday the 25th I finally purchased my dream car: a red 2018 SS 1LE. I got an amazing deal on it thanks to the guys at Days Chevrolet in Jasper Georgia (I dealt with both Brock and Mike) where I was able to stay in budget; even though I ended up buying brand new instead of used like I originally intended. Not to step on anyone's toes but if you are unable to do the long trip to another fabulous salesmen/ woman whom we all know (Becky), I STRONGLY encourage you to give these gentlemen a call.

I was able to do all negotiation and inquiries over the phone and have them hold the car till the weekend WITHOUT needing a deposit (they had talked to my bank and etc. and I had check in hand though). The test drive before final purchase was everything I dreamed and more, so the money was happily placed down. Paperwork was a breeze as the finance department personnel (forgive me I can't remember his name) had all paperwork ready and tabbed for signing; I could have been out of there in less than 30 min (though I stayed around to chat).

Once I got home (and met a 1st gen owner along the way) I noticed that I had left my garage door opener in my old vehicle. Mike mailed it to me, no questions asked. These guys truly made buying a car a much more enjoyable experience, I'll be sure to contact them for my next purchase.

(I dealt with two separate salesmen because I initially was speaking to Brock, to settle the Camaro price however he was headed out on vacation the next day. His friend Mike stepped in to help with the rest of the deal such as my trade in etc.)

Last note.... They MUST HAVE installed a skip-shift eliminator for me because I see the message but it does not force me into 4th!!! Also I know now that they are more than happy to leave the dealer sticker off if you ask... I was too excited and forgot...
Attached Images

2007 Toyota Corolla S -- Traded
2007 Colorado I-5 3.7L z85 2wd ext. cab --Totaled
2004 Silverado single cab 4.8l v-8 2wd -- Traded
2018 Camaro SS 1LE -- Current DD
DWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 12:33 PM   #2
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Sweet car
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 12:57 PM   #3
zr1chris

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Looks bad ass! Congrats!
zr1chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 02:39 PM   #4
FH212

Drives: 2021 Camaro SS 1LE
Congrats! Cant go wrong with Red Hot!!
2001 Mecham Trans Am #3 - 7.0L LS1
FH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 03:02 PM   #5
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Congrats
Old 08-29-2018, 03:28 PM   #6
bjones41

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWR View Post
Saturday the 25th I finally purchased my dream car: a red 2018 SS 1LE. I got an amazing deal on it thanks to the guys at Days Chevrolet in Jasper Georgia (I dealt with both Brock and Mike) where I was able to stay in budget; even though I ended up buying brand new instead of used like I originally intended. Not to step on anyone's toes but if you are unable to do the long trip to another fabulous salesmen/ woman whom we all know (Becky), I STRONGLY encourage you to give these gentlemen a call.

I was able to do all negotiation and inquiries over the phone and have them hold the car till the weekend WITHOUT needing a deposit (they had talked to my bank and etc. and I had check in hand though). The test drive before final purchase was everything I dreamed and more, so the money was happily placed down. Paperwork was a breeze as the finance department personnel (forgive me I can't remember his name) had all paperwork ready and tabbed for signing; I could have been out of there in less than 30 min (though I stayed around to chat).

Once I got home (and met a 1st gen owner along the way) I noticed that I had left my garage door opener in my old vehicle. Mike mailed it to me, no questions asked. These guys truly made buying a car a much more enjoyable experience, I'll be sure to contact them for my next purchase.

(I dealt with two separate salesmen because I initially was speaking to Brock, to settle the Camaro price however he was headed out on vacation the next day. His friend Mike stepped in to help with the rest of the deal such as my trade in etc.)

Last note.... They MUST HAVE installed a skip-shift eliminator for me because I see the message but it does not force me into 4th!!! Also I know now that they are more than happy to leave the dealer sticker off if you ask... I was too excited and forgot...

This is Brock thanks for the great review and it was a pleasure working with you. If anyone needs any kind of help please dont hesitate to call me or Mike. We will make it as painless as possible.

Thanks again.
bjones41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 06:47 PM   #7
devnull
Scientific negotiator

Drives: 2019 Grand Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones41 View Post
This is Brock thanks for the great review and it was a pleasure working with you. If anyone needs any kind of help please dont hesitate to call me or Mike. We will make it as painless as possible.

Thanks again.
GOOD DEALER! I have worked with these guys too.

OP, AWESOME car! The 1LE in red is truly amazing looking, WHAT A CAR!

Matthew 25:40

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
devnull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 09:48 PM   #8
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Drives: 2018 2SS
That’s super nice! Congrats!
Old 08-29-2018, 10:04 PM   #9
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
great 2018, looks awesome
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 11:59 PM   #10
solobaric

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Congrats!
Old 08-30-2018, 12:15 AM   #11
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
the skip shift only works till 19mph but the message stays on till 22mph on my car
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 05:07 AM   #12
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Beautiful car, congrats!!

Good color choice!
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 08:17 AM   #13
DWR

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Thank you everyone, I'm loving the mess out of it. It's certainly a big shift from my last daily driver (the red silverado next to it in one of the photos).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
the skip shift only works till 19mph but the message stays on till 22mph on my car
Iv'e seen it tons of times at very slow speeds yet it has never forced me to skip shift.... I'll try to make it do it's thing at lunch time to see but I sincerely think that they installed one for me (which if they did THANK YOU!!!!)
2007 Toyota Corolla S -- Traded
2007 Colorado I-5 3.7L z85 2wd ext. cab --Totaled
2004 Silverado single cab 4.8l v-8 2wd -- Traded
2018 Camaro SS 1LE -- Current DD
DWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 08:44 AM   #14
trohde78

Drives: '17 Red Hot 2SS 6MT
Looks great! Enjoy!
trohde78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1le, best car., new owner, red