Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-24-2008, 08:02 AM   #15
dbarnes

Drives: 2010 Lexus RX350
Delivery

I was first on order list. 2SS. Hoping for first of March.
dbarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:05 AM   #16
Sizzox
Most Known Unknown

Drives: 08 Vette
Send a message via AIM to Sizzox
Hopefully after the snow is gone anytime in the springs is fine with me dont really care when i get it just as long as i do haha. But if i have to wait untill summer ill be pissed.

Edit: I was 1 out of 3 ordered.
I would kill for a gale banks diesel powered camaro. I would have so much torque and power that whenever I go to parades I would be physically able to throw torque out the window like candy for the kids.
Sizzox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:09 AM   #17
babyjulie83
driving! Thanks GM !!!

Drives: 2SS Camaro in ABM!!!
As long as it's before or during early summer then I will be happy. I'm # 32 out of 67 and I ordered mine with a sunroof.....there's no telling when I will actually get delivery.....

I wish I knew for sure when I would get it...I think it might make waiting a little easier.

Everything is better in a Camaro.......puts a smile on my face everyday.....
babyjulie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:16 AM   #18
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
I'm hoping March. I'm #7 out of 10 at my dealer. I thought I read on these boards from Camaro Scotty that at the Indy event the allocated numbers that the dealers got on 10/13 were all they were getting for the first three months..so wouldn't that mean we (that ordered) shouldn't get them any later than May..right?
SSOOCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:23 AM   #19
Rallyman6

Drives: '10 2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, Roof
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
I'm hoping March. I'm #7 out of 10 at my dealer. I thought I read on these boards from Camaro Scotty that at the Indy event the allocated numbers that the dealers got on 10/13 were all they were getting for the first three months..so wouldn't that mean we (that ordered) shouldn't get them any later than May..right?
You would think that would be the case - lets all cross our fingers.

2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, 6MT, IO Interior, Roof, Eibach Sways, BC Coilovers, BMR Swing arms,Barton Short Shift, BBK LT's, GMPP exhaust, Hi-Flow Cats, MAST Stage 2 Cam, CAI = 470RWHP
Rallyman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:40 AM   #20
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
A prize? They got their Camaro first! That should be good enough
LOL
Old 10-24-2008, 09:14 AM   #21
mscottfl
Ordered! 2SS Cyber Gray

Drives: 2010 2SS CGM
Send a message via AIM to mscottfl Send a message via Yahoo to mscottfl
I'm hoping for April-May. I was 7 of 12- my dealer gave me the standard 8-10 weeks after production starts speech- so I'm planning on May and hope I get surprised and it ends up beeing sooner
mscottfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:33 AM   #22
Chewy
My boredom isn't safe

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Chewy Send a message via MSN to Chewy
my dealer said the traverse with CGM paint were produced fiirst - i dunno if he's right, but i'm hoping thats the way it will be for the camaro!
Old 10-24-2008, 09:41 AM   #23
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
don't want mine until mid april too. . . can't do much with a camaro in PA from dec-april
Old 10-24-2008, 12:54 PM   #24
EMB135Driver
Jedi Master

Drives: Boeing 757/767+2010 IBM 2SS
I'd be willing to bet that the initial production ones will be mostly SS models, split between hard tops and sunroofs according to order trends. Their own literature said "Camaro enthusiasts will seek out CAMARO", so why not fill their orders (I'd guess the bulk will be V8s) and get the free advertising from having thousands of CAMARO enthusiasts driving around in hot looking cars answering questions for those on the fence. These are cars they have already essentially sold, so they need maximum publicity to get people onto the lot to sell em one. Why do you think you have to tell em not to put Dealer badging on the car....It's free advertising for them, so they love it in much the same way that they love a bunch of happy enthusiasts driving around in their car.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:13 PM   #25
CamaroSSforme
Got my two

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - RJT/Black
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSSforme
Late March would be perfect for me.....I'm one on dealers list, but hoping I don't get it in February
CamaroSSforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 02:55 PM   #26
13F20

Drives: Soon to be 2010 Camaro SS
early to mid march for mine in CGM.
13F20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 03:06 PM   #27
Jamestwilliams

Drives: Grand Am
Part of me can't wait the other part of me can, but as far as when exactly I expect sometime between march and late may early june. Give a big margin of error and no one can call me wrong.
Jamestwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 03:59 PM   #28
SWHCPA
Snow White can be naughty

Drives: '10 Camaro/'67 Mustang
Send a message via AIM to SWHCPA Send a message via Yahoo to SWHCPA Send a message via Skype™ to SWHCPA
Greetings all - I just went through this watching the Challenger production startup. It's a beating. The GM Order Workbook says that production is scheduled for mid-February. Let's just hope that it holds to that timeline. The production line will run at about 1/3 speed for the first 5-10 production days to make sure the parts and line flow together. The paint booths, let's hope, are in place and geared to production. The production of certain colors will be driven by the preliminary orders and the quantity of each ordered color. Since the Red Jewel Tintcoat is a special option, there will have to be a specific paint booth dedicated to this one and it will take extra time as the QC on the paint will take an extra step or two. After the first 5-10 days, the line will speed up and full production speed should be reached by week 4...around March 15. I talked with my dealer and was told that time from shipping to lot is about 2 weeks now. Given that GM is using an outside vendor for the application of the factory ordered stripes, this, also, will take an extra 1-2 days, depending on the startup timeline. This was a big bottleneck on the Challenger shipping timeline.

So...let's see what we can back into. Programmed slow start-up of production to eliminate QC issues, availability of paint booths, application of striping by 3rd-party shop, 2-3 week transit time from the Canada plant to the US. Best guess here, after watching the Challenger startup, 1st one on the lot by March 9, 2009. Steady flow starts around March 23. If anyone knows the production line target, then feel free to refine this SWAG and let us know.

Just remember that the Order Workbook says that the initial allocations are for the "first few months of production" and cover deliveries through Q3-2009. That said, my guess is that all of the initial allocation orders (that's us, guys/gals) will be off the line in the first 90-120 days of production. We should all be behind the wheel by Memorial Day weekend.

Best to all,

S.

Last edited by SWHCPA; 10-24-2008 at 04:52 PM.
SWHCPA is offline   Reply With Quote