Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-10-2021, 08:27 PM   #1
Bumblebeels3

Drives: 2010 ss camaro
Service stabilitrak

Hi guys I have a bit of a problem with my 2010 camaro ss. Here recently I have had a service stabilitrak light come on when I first crank my car and go to move it and it will start to idle roughly and miss real bad after I drive it a couple minutes at the next stop I can cut car off and crank it back up and it runs fine. We'll it started back up and I read that 9 time out of 10 it's spark plugs I changed them and it still did it for a few days all my plugs are good and my wires are as well as my coil packs to well it did it again one day with the service stabilitrak light and rough idle and when it stopped my engine light stayed on for a day or two so I plugged it up to the code reader and I got a p0303 which is miss fire on cylinder 3 so I checked it out and I still have spark on cylinder 3 so the next day I went to fill up cause I was almost on e and yes I run 93 octane in my car but when I filled it up and started it up engine light went away now when ever I'm driving and I get on it to about 3,500 to 4,000 rpm it starts to sputter and service stabilitrak light comes on and car runs rough I can let my foot of the gas for 5 seconds replie the throttle and it runs fine and lights go off so I went up to about 4,000 rpm and it did the same thing then I let my foot off the throttle and replie it and It runs fine I have no idea what this could the the car is completely stock other then BBK cold air intake any feed back would be very much appreciated. Thank you and have a blessed day
Bumblebeels3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 07:57 AM   #2
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Do the following one at a time until the misfire code goes away or moves to another cylinder.

Install a new plug into #3.

Swap the #3 plug wire to another cylinder

Swap the coil from #3 to a different cylinder

Swap the injector from #3 to a different cylinder

If it doesn't move to a different cylinder inspect the wiring for #3

If that doesn't work you will have start inspecting/testing engine internals.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 02:44 PM   #3
FrankT
400HP used to be enough..

Drives: 2010 2SS rs manual
Check your battery condition. My car did almost the same thing and it was the battery. I charged the battery and every thing was fine, but I went and replaced it anyway since it was five years old. Car starts and runs perfectly now.
Old 06-11-2021, 03:05 PM   #4
gtstorey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
Check your battery condition. My car did almost the same thing and it was the battery. I charged the battery and every thing was fine, but I went and replaced it anyway since it was five years old. Car starts and runs perfectly now.
Could be.
Old 06-11-2021, 05:12 PM   #5
Bumblebeels3

Thank you guys for the feed back I will try these when I get off work and hopefully I figure it out its been nothing but a head ach
Old 06-12-2021, 08:26 PM   #6
tomlink

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via Skype™ to tomlink
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
This^^^
tomlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 04:25 PM   #7
Bumblebeels3

So its not spark plugs its not spark plug wires and its not coil pack what else would cause a misfire on cylinder 3? I checks my air flow sensors they are working fine. It runs good on the start up then soon as I take it down the road and get through third gear it starts missing and running rough and shaking and sputtering then I can let of the gas shit back down to second then it runs find then I give it gas and switch gears and it's starts running rough again. Is there anything else it could be that I could check with out taking intake off
Old 06-21-2021, 08:34 AM   #8
gtstorey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebeels3 View Post
So its not spark plugs its not spark plug wires and its not coil pack what else would cause a misfire on cylinder 3? I checks my air flow sensors they are working fine. It runs good on the start up then soon as I take it down the road and get through third gear it starts missing and running rough and shaking and sputtering then I can let of the gas shit back down to second then it runs find then I give it gas and switch gears and it's starts running rough again. Is there anything else it could be that I could check with out taking intake off
You are half way through my list above.
Old 06-24-2021, 06:28 PM   #9
Bumblebeels3

Well it's not injectors either so I guess it's time to take the intake off
Old 06-25-2021, 07:42 AM   #10
gtstorey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebeels3 View Post
Well it's not injectors either so I guess it's time to take the intake off
I'm not sure what taking the intake off is going to tell you unless you have a reason to think it's got a bad gasket around an intake port. Check compression and leak down on the cylinders.

And you may still have a wiring problem.

Tags
rough idle, service stabilitrak, sputtering