Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-28-2014, 03:52 PM   #29
Need4speed_motorsports

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Half the fun of this car is the ability to row your own gears. I would say you go with the manual unless its really that bad in spain.
Need4speed_motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 04:05 PM   #30
Adrur

Drives: Scirocco R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4speed_motorsports View Post
Half the fun of this car is the ability to row your own gears. I would say you go with the manual unless its really that bad in spain.
Playing with gears is something I love. Here in Spain all cars, almost all, are manual and how to take off the Driver's manual car. Some cars come with automatic transmission, but most are or Gt cars and high-performance features that come standard: Volvo, BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Porche, Jaguar. Automatic this car is as good as in Manual?
Adrur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 04:19 PM   #31
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
The auto is faster and not like any auto I have driven, disregard the knuckleheads about manual vs. Auto, they fail to realize some people have disabilities that don't allow them to drive a manual.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:48 PM   #32
ScottsLZL1

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Emmanuel
Old 07-30-2014, 10:07 AM   #33
Adrur

Drives: Scirocco R
Hi guys. I have it completely clear. then. Manual!!
I was eating up my head these days. and finally I have everything clear.
The color will be black and will have carbon insertions. Likewise the black wheels and brakes System front and rear. Inside MyLink with navi. Ambient light, subwoofer. Maybe go to some preparer as Hennessey. What do you think?
Adrur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:20 AM   #34
goinggone14

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS / RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
The auto is faster and not like any auto I have driven, disregard the knuckleheads about manual vs. Auto, they fail to realize some people have disabilities that don't allow them to drive a manual.
So you're saying you would need to be disabled (which I'll take to mean more broadly: unqualified for some reason whether physical or otherwise) to justify having the automatic; therefore, manual the superior option for those who are not inhibited?

It's not an issue if you're required to drive an automatic due to disability, inability, or personal preference. However, you should acknowledge that car enthusiasts' general consensus that true driving is done with a standard transmission (the name alone should give it away). Chevy makes both for the ZL1, you pick your fate.
goinggone14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:39 AM   #35
Emvici

Drives: 2014 ZL1 White Convertible
I love my manual transmission, I am grateful to my God for the good years I have had to enjoy this toy, unfortunately due to a degenerating back condition it seems that I am going to be forced to make my next car an auto, huge bummer for me, but I do not see away around yet. Helly kitty with an auto sounds like a nice choice. I hope I don't catch any flack for my auto, Because no doubt manual is the way to drive these cars.
Emvici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:42 AM   #36
juandavr

Drives: BMW M235i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrur View Post
Yo he probado otros coches como m3, z4, con cambio automático y me encanta. Este se asemeja al utilizado en un bmw o Audi?
ni de cerca, aunque la caja automatica del camaro es MUY BUENA, los carros europeos y con sus sistemas de doble clutch y otras cosas son mucho mas fluidos y rapidos
juandavr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:42 AM   #37
05SilverStreak

Drives: Black aSS 2011 - L99
If you dont have enough to hold on to between your legs, get a stick. For those of us who arent lacking in that department get an auto. When your on vacation in a traffic jam the auto allows you to relax and know that your in charge of your destiny. If you want to be reminded of when you were in high school and couldnt afford shit for luxury get a MANual. They say that you are a MAN if you drive a MANual. However the guy that cuts my grass every week and washes my cars is MANuel. You decide.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:45 AM   #38
05SilverStreak

Drives: Black aSS 2011 - L99
I love my point of view........
Old 07-30-2014, 10:45 AM   #39
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
If you measure your manhood by manual or automatic I feel sorry for you. Drum brakes used to be a great thing too.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:47 AM   #40
juandavr

Drives: BMW M235i
la decision para mi seria en base a esto: si planeas correrlo muy a menudo, y sabes usar bien la caja para esto, compra el manual. pero si planeas correrlo y todavia no sabes usar bien los cambios en forma deportiva O si aunque quieres correrlo quieres que en ciudad la cosa vaya un poco mas relajada, un automatico es el indicado

(translate) my decision would be based on this : if you plan to track it regularly and you know how to properly use a gearbox in the track, go manual. But if you plan to track it and dont know how to use the gearbox in kind of sport mode OR you want to track it but want to relax when driving on the city, go auto
juandavr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:47 AM   #41
goinggone14

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS / RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05SilverStreak View Post
If you dont have enough to hold on to between your legs, get a stick. For those of us who arent lacking in that department get an auto. When your on vacation in a traffic jam the auto allows you to relax and know that your in charge of your destiny. If you want to be reminded of when you were in high school and couldnt afford shit for luxury get a MANual. They say that you are a MAN if you drive a MANual. However the guy that cuts my grass every week and washes my cars is MANuel. You decide.
It's comments like these (for or against either transmission) that make people argue about which is better.
Also, your comment is incredibly insulting to the OP, who is clearly of Spanish descent. Your opinion just became irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
If you measure your manhood by manual or automatic I feel sorry for you.
Exactly.

Like it's been said countless times across the forum. STANDARD transmission is the majority of car enthusiasts' PREFERENCE time and time again. Fact. End of story.

Auto works for some people, for one reason or another, and it really doesn't matter how many euphemisms you try to associate with the manliness of driving Standard vs Auto because that simply doesn't have anything to do with it. Just pick what you want and go on your way.
goinggone14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:54 AM   #42
580/556 ZL1

Drives: 2013ZL1/A6/T.BLACK
go with the AUTO lots of owner here would love to trade there manuel for an AUTO but won,t tell anybody ...They are scare to be transform in a girl.
andf BTW read the forum a bit and you will find that lots of manuel have issue,and you wont find any issue on the Auto.

Last edited by 580/556 ZL1; 07-30-2014 at 11:04 AM.
580/556 ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
automatic, españa, manual, zl1