Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-03-2019, 07:33 PM   #15
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Coopgt View Post
Have you heard some of the guys cars on this site? Now they are loud.
Guilty! Cam, long tubes, high flow cats, muffled x pipe, straight pipes. Because the weather went south on me before I got a chance to really enjoy her after the cam swap I haven’t done a full pull yet, but she is LOUD! It is noticeable in the cab and I get A LOT of looks driving down the highway so I know she’s loud. Besides before the cam I used to go out and have a little fun and my neighbors would ask if I was out ripping it up on the back road I used to have fun on and that was at least a half mile away.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:02 AM   #16
tstodii

Drives: White 2015 Z/28
V6, V8, I6, I4, etc... can all be super loud if you "straight pipe" it. I had an S2000 (I4) that had the stock exhaust manifold on but a full TI "header" back exhaust that would make your ears bleed 4 counties over. Did it sound good? Not really. Was it loud? YES. Did I take it off? Yes, I suffered 500 miles with it before selling it and going back stock but that's neither here nor there. Just trying to say that it's not the size of your motor that dictates how loud she will scream
tstodii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 01:02 PM   #17
Ashn_G_1LE

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
I agree with low Saturn and nighthawk. The law hasn’t changed. All the fuss is because stupid kids are street racing and doing crap and this is their way to fight it. Don’t drive like an ass and cops leave you alone. My car has LT headers no cats, and stage 3 cammed. I’ve had people tell me my car is the loudest car they’ve ever heard. I drive by cops all the time have them behind me, in which you can clearly smell the car. They leave me alone. Don’t want to get caught by a jerk cop, don’t drive like a jerk. Just my two cents...
Old 02-04-2019, 01:25 PM   #18
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashn_G_1LE View Post
I agree with low Saturn and nighthawk. The law hasn’t changed. All the fuss is because stupid kids are street racing and doing crap and this is their way to fight it. Don’t drive like an ass and cops leave you alone. My car has LT headers no cats, and stage 3 cammed. I’ve had people tell me my car is the loudest car they’ve ever heard. I drive by cops all the time have them behind me, in which you can clearly smell the car. They leave me alone. Don’t want to get caught by a jerk cop, don’t drive like a jerk. Just my two cents...
This is so true....those poundoff kids thinking they can take over intersections and shut down traffic to do burnouts. I've seen many vids on Youtube. Its an entitled I can do what I want society. Its worked its way into the car scene and now everybody is paying for it. Some people need a good old school punch in the mouth to keep them in line.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 01:32 PM   #19
SynergyGreenSS

Drives: 2011 2SS
The car culture in California is definitely being killed by everyone doing these “takeovers” and showing blatant disregard to the safety of others and to law enforcement. There’s a time and place for that, it’s called a racetrack. I’m not saying I’m perfect but I’m certainly more responsible than those idiots. It’s a real shame
LSA Supercharger, BTR Stage 3 PDS Cam, Yank 3200SS, Weapon X Stage 2 intake, LSA Heads, Flex Fuel, Ported throttle body, Speed Engineering Headers, NOWEEDS, ZL1 fuel pump, DSX AUX Pump, ID-1050X injectors, 3” pipe to NPP mufflers, 3.91 gears
SynergyGreenSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 11:32 AM   #20
camaro528

Drives: 2015 V6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
Because it's not a big deal. You still had to pay a fine with a fix it ticket too.
The fine was $25 for the fix it ticket here in california, and you can go to a police station and have it signed off , then you can pit your custom exhaust back on again!! NOW there are multiple fines now and state REF is involed!! You say not to worry but our cars stick out like a sore thumb, just another reason why a random cop would pull any of us over....
camaro528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 11:33 AM   #21
camaro528

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynergyGreenSS View Post
The car culture in California is definitely being killed by everyone doing these “takeovers” and showing blatant disregard to the safety of others and to law enforcement. There’s a time and place for that, it’s called a racetrack. I’m not saying I’m perfect but I’m certainly more responsible than those idiots. It’s a real shame
I agree!!**** California I want out!! But I'f it was that easy just too move..and yes all those stupid ****s out there with those takeovers messed it all up for all of us!!
Old 02-05-2019, 11:41 AM   #22
camaro528

[QUOTE=1Coopgt;10427801]Dude you drive a V6 . There is no way it's loud enough to be pulled over. Did you take the cat's off? You don't have headers . So what the hell are you worrying for. It's not a V8 with headers ,no cat's or no mufflers.

Have you not Heard cars that are 4 cylinder or 6 cylind that are loud ASF!?!? Let me guess your prob type of guy that thinks hes big and bad cuz of his V8...smh!! And that V8 are the loudest ....so funny to me!! Plus just for your info, I'm passed the 95 dec on the meter of the sound of my car, which I for sure can get fined, oh but wait I shouldn't worry right cuz its a V6....smh....lol.......befor you speak on this you should know my car first,
Old 02-05-2019, 11:45 AM   #23
camaro528

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstodii View Post
V6, V8, I6, I4, etc... can all be super loud if you "straight pipe" it. I had an S2000 (I4) that had the stock exhaust manifold on but a full TI "header" back exhaust that would make your ears bleed 4 counties over. Did it sound good? Not really. Was it loud? YES. Did I take it off? Yes, I suffered 500 miles with it before selling it and going back stock but that's neither here nor there. Just trying to say that it's not the size of your motor that dictates how loud she will scream
I AGREE!!but seems like certain individuals think most cars under a V8 are not loud lol
Old 02-05-2019, 12:44 PM   #24
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstodii View Post
Yep. I had a 1998 Acura Integra GSR. Only 1.8 liters with headers, CAI and catback. It was freaking loud especially at 8,000 rpm.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 03:56 PM   #25
Syclone

Drives: 2015 Camaro
Yup, the problem is California. I just got a $285.00 a month increase in my rent!
Old 02-05-2019, 04:06 PM   #26
pnwdan

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
People are making a big deal out of nothing.

The allowed decibel level hasn't changed in a couple decades. If you didn't get pulled over before for your exhaust, you won't now. All that's changed is that it's now a fine instead of a fix it ticket. I've driven by cops with my cutouts open and haven't got a second look.
Even though the law existed, they have now decided to make examples out of people. I wouldn't be so laxed about it. They are going out of their way trying to make a point with the car community. Ive seen the posts. While I agree its the imports that ruined things, its car lovers in general that will pay.

Seattle enacted its own law here that lets the officers use their discretion on if your exhaust is too loud. That's insane to me. Having a law without clear boundaries.

You cannot have the mentality that giving them a little is okay. You give an inch and they take a mile.

WA and CA are in a race to see who can ruin things faster.