Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-23-2018, 06:15 PM   #1
B.mik

Drives: 2010 LLT RS
P0087 & P0089 Codes

Hi guys ! i am currently facing a problem with my v6 2010 Camaro, yesterday while i was driving at the highway , the car suddenly started stuttering and shaking and the engine light was blinking, i was only like 10 mins away from home so i kept going slowly till i reached home, the car was running rich and the smell of fuel was everywhere, add to that white smoke that smells like fuel was going out of the exhaust, i checked the codes and it gave P0087 and P0089 as well as misfire of cylinders 1,3,5, i looked under the car and i found that only when the car is on there was 2 small fuel leaks, one from behind near the exhaust and another from the front like between the front wheels.Any idea what the problem is? is it only the leakage or the fuel injectors are going bad? i want to take it to the mechanic but i am afraid to drive it in this condition, is it possible to drive it with a small fuel leak? the mechanic is like 20 miles away. Thank you guys !!
B.mik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 09:41 AM   #2
Kid

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT, 68 Camaro RS
The codes are related to fuel pressure. Check the regulator and lines going to the fuel rails on that leaking side of the car. Should be at the rare of the heads.

Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 07:05 AM   #3
B.mik

Drives: 2010 LLT RS
It was 3 faulty fuel injectors, i replaced all 6 just to be on the safe side, had to replace my new oil as well since it was filled with fuel.
B.mik is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel leak, fuel pressure, white smoke