Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-24-2010, 08:46 AM   #393
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
Pedders did mention something in development.
Yes they did, And gearing up for it too, If this car comes out, There's only so many ways to fit a 10" rim in the front, It called a coilover with a 2 1/2" spring.(don't forget the thread that pete started for brakes, same brakes that are on this test car no that funny, Or he has seen this car before)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokem View Post
thinkin about gettin one of these. anyone know how long del times are to east coast and if they are avialable?

they did a good mod job with this one.

http://www.motortrend.com/av/roadtes...deo/index.html
Most likely It will be out next year buy 10/15/2011 Any way at worst will know all the info by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I have not yet read every post.

But, ....I must reply....

Do you think all you are getting for the extra cash is a front facia, a supercharger, and a warranty?

If so, I think you need to add a few more components in there!!!

This will be WELL worth the cash.

Now...I want one more than anyone here would ever know. But, won't ever happen for me. SUCKS....but...that's the way life goes!
Never say never Tag.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 08:56 AM   #394
alfie43

Drives: S/C 2SS/RS Camaro-6M-VicRed
Send a message via ICQ to alfie43
Sorry GM, but I'm too old to wait...I made my own Z-28.
Alfie
Attached Images

Old 07-24-2010, 08:58 AM   #395
BlackieRay

Drives: 2002 WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
you correctly state it as VVT many times in your own post. Vtec has nothing to do with anything unless you are talking about Honda's. VVT does not equal Vtec.

calm down guy, don't go changing the subject on a rant after being corrected. Keep it on subject and civil. This is a celebration/discussion regarding the Z28, not a thread for your feeble attempts to downgrade another car.

I absolutely celebrate the arrival of the new Z28. Every Cobra on the planet just became obsolete. Right now engineers over at Ford are probably running around screaming "Oh $hit!". And with a refined 2012 SS, the VTEC Mustang which looked so good a couple of weeks ago looks like an also-ran.

I'm sorry the use of the term "Vtec Mustang" offends you. It could be called the "Japanese Mustang", or the 'Mazda Mustang" owing to the Mazda engineers who worked on it, but I prefer "Vtec Mustang" because that's what it is - electronically controlled VVT.
BlackieRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:33 AM   #396
LostInMoscow
Exiled Speed Junkie

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackieRay View Post
I absolutely celebrate the arrival of the new Z28. Every Cobra on the planet just became obsolete. Right now engineers over at Ford are probably running around screaming "Oh $hit!". And with a refined 2012 SS, the VTEC Mustang which looked so good a couple of weeks ago looks like an also-ran.

I'm sorry the use of the term "Vtec Mustang" offends you. It could be called the "Japanese Mustang", or the 'Mazda Mustang" owing to the Mazda engineers who worked on it, but I prefer "Vtec Mustang" because that's what it is - electronically controlled VVT.
Dude, you can call a Mustang whatever you want here. Nobody cares! The only people who would be offended are trolls. Just be careful what you call a Camaro!
Old 07-24-2010, 09:34 AM   #397
smokem

Drives: 80 camaro 5.7l v-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
Yes they did, And gearing up for it too, If this car comes out, There's only so many ways to fit a 10" rim in the front, It called a coilover with a 2 1/2" spring.(don't forget the thread that pete started for brakes, same brakes that are on this test car no that funny, Or he has seen this car before)

Most likely It will be out next year buy 10/15/2011 Any way at worst will know all the info by then.

Never say never Tag.

any idea why so long?

i can wait 6 months or so, because i am waiting for a settlement anyway + house sale closing + wife is gone :-), for the money, but why oct. 11 for an 09' car?
smokem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:37 AM   #398
Crango

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, Red Jewel Tint
That may be a Camaro with a supercharger but for what I see; no rear spoiler, no 4pk guages?? Don't see why everyone is so excited about the looks????
CRANGO
Crango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:46 AM   #399
smokem

Drives: 80 camaro 5.7l v-8
Originally Posted by smokem
thinkin about gettin one of these. anyone know how long del times are to east coast and if they are avialable?

they did a good mod job with this one.

http://www.motortrend.com/av/roadtes...deo/index.html

any idea why so long?

i can wait 6 months or so, because i am waiting for a settlement anyway + house sale closing + wife is gone :-), for the money, but why oct. 11 for an 09' car?
smokem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:48 AM   #400
Samson

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS RS
awesome!
Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:54 AM   #401
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crango View Post
That may be a Camaro with a supercharger but for what I see; no rear spoiler, no 4pk guages?? Don't see why everyone is so excited about the looks????
CRANGO
it's a test mule, probably the only exterior part that will carry over and not necessarily like it is, is the nose piece... look for additional changes as it gets closer to production...and believe me if you think the only addition is, supercharger to the 6.2 mechanically you will be in for a surprise...
I guarentee there will me alot more upgrades to the suspension and other driveline parts.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:57 AM   #402
JEFF2010SSMANUAL
JEFF2010SSMANUAL

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS LS3
Automatic

It would look great in black with those wheels.

I don't really like the front facia.

Nice hood though.

I guess an automatic would be good with a supercharger,

because the CTS-V is quickest with the slush-box.
JEFF2010SSMANUAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:10 AM   #403
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyset View Post
Why are you even on this site? To troll Camaro drivers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase V View Post
He's just accepted that the 5.0 mustang has lost its superiority as of the Z28 release and wanted to say he's sorry :p
The 5.0 doesn't have anything to worry about concerning the Z. The SS is the 5.0's competition not the Z. The Z is being produced to compete with the GT500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackieRay View Post
Again see above post. The Z shouldn't be compared to the 5.0. It's not built to compete with the 5.0. That's what the SS is for. We also don't need to turn this thread into another Mustang vs Camaro thread. It's about the upcoming Z and there's no need to start a pissing contest here. That's what the Camaro vs section is for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokem View Post
any idea why so long?

It's not an '09 car. It won't be out until next year because it's still being tested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crango View Post
CRANGO
This isn't the finished product you're seeing. It's only GM's test mule, so I'm sure there will be more to it than you see here.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:12 AM   #404
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF2010SSMANUAL View Post
Automatic

It would look great in black with those wheels.

I don't really like the front facia.

Nice hood though.

I guess an automatic would be good with a supercharger,

because the CTS-V is quickest with the slush-box.

Hey you are back from your starring role in PQ's video! Congrats!

Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:23 AM   #405
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang_Killer View Post

The 5.0 doesn't have anything to worry about concerning the Z. The SS is the 5.0's competition not the Z. The Z is being produced to compete with the GT500.

Again see above post. The Z shouldn't be compared to the 5.0. It's not built to compete with the 5.0. That's what the SS is for. We also don't need to turn this thread into another Mustang vs Camaro thread. It's about the upcoming Z and there's no need to start a pissing contest here. That's what the Camaro vs section is for.

It's not an '09 car. It won't be out until next year because it's still being tested.

This isn't the finished product you're seeing. It's only GM's test mule, so I'm sure there will be more to it than you see here.
i guess it's what goes around comes around, remember how all the mustang guys were comparing the SS to the GT500 when it first came out instead of comparing it to the GT.. Same difference here
Old 07-24-2010, 10:36 AM   #406
Sawyer

Drives: '13 5.0
My prayers have been answered and I am counting down until this hits the dealer. New Z28 rules!!!

Tags
2012 camaro hp edition, 2012 camaro hp model, 2012 camaro z-28, 2012 camaro z28, 2012 z-28, 2012 z28, 2013 camaro hp edition, 2013 camaro hp model, 2013 camaro z-28, 2013 camaro z28, camaro hp edition, camaro hp edition model, camaro hp model, camaro z28 hp, camaro z28 hp edition, chevy camaro hp edition, new camaro z-28, new camaro z28, new z-28, new z28