Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-17-2011, 01:23 PM   #1
Richochet83

Drives: SIM 2LT Camaro RS
Out with Old in with the New

Ok, so after the many visits to the Service Dept. at the dealer (1x for brakeline and spoiler recall, 4x for speaker replacement, 5x for check engine light which they finally figured was the timing belt, 1x for brakes and rotors replacement, 1x for tires replaces, 1x for oil life and tire sensors malfunction)in my 2010 2LT RS that I purchased in May 2009, driving bogus rental cars paid for by GM, lots of profanity coupled with tamtrums at the dealership, a letter to GM, and meetings with the Service Director and Sales Manager, I was able to be compensated with a brand new 2011 2LT RS. The best part about it all was that it was the same color and model as the 2010, but now it has a sunroof (which I always wanted), Chrome wheels, backup sensors, and that tight HUD. Now that I have been driving the 2011 for a few hours I've come to the conclusion that the 2010 that I had was a real P.O.S. I've had to put that car in the shop more times than I have with any other car I've owned in it entirety. The only two good things in my opinion that the 2010 has over the 2011 is that the exhaust was louder and the bumper looked cleaner with the backup sensors. But hey I'm happy I have them. More than that, the dealership gave the full value of the car plus a $3000 rebate. The only part that suck out of all of this is that I just put brand new General G-Max All-season Tires on the 2010 car. But I just chalked that up since they gave me the $3000 rebate they gave me. But anywho, the moral of this story (at least for me) is to never buy a next generation car the first year it comes out.
Richochet83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:25 PM   #2
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
In other words, you got a Lemon Law buyback deal?
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:29 PM   #3
bhall82
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post

+1
bhall82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:34 PM   #4
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
+1 for GM stepping up to the plate and making things right for you.

My 2011 has had zero issues.

Although it is the second year model of this car, I think the vast majority of owners are happy with their camaros. It is Awesome to see the manufacturer making sure that they get the lemons OFF the road and putting the Camaro that you deserve in your garage.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:10 PM   #5
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Congrats O.P ....alls well that ends well. :-)
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:39 PM   #6
Witwicky
I AM NOT FAMOUS ANYMORE

Drives: 2010 2LT
I guess its the luck of the draw. I've literally beaten my 2010 to death and only a couple 'factory' issues have arisen.
Witwicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:50 PM   #7
Richochet83

Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
Negative. I was outside of the Lemon Law parameters due to mileage and how long I've had the car. But it definitely was the email I sent to Chevrolet telling them how pissed I was that I had a lemon that got things moving. I mean they called me 2 days after I sent it letting me know they are going to try and resolve this. Moreover, then they called me every other day with updates on the case until I was satisfied with their proposition. So I STRONGLY recommend that if you have any major isses like I had that you write Chevrolet a letter.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:01 PM   #8
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richochet83 View Post
Ok, so after the many visits to the Service Dept. at the dealer (1x for brakeline and spoiler recall, 4x for speaker replacement, 5x for check engine light which they finally figured was the timing belt, 1x for brakes and rotors replacement, 1x for tires replaces, 1x for oil life and tire sensors malfunction)in my 2010 2LT RS that I purchased in May 2009, driving bogus rental cars paid for by GM, lots of profanity coupled with tamtrums at the dealership, a letter to GM, and meetings with the Service Director and Sales Manager, I was able to be compensated with a brand new 2011 2LT RS. The best part about it all was that it was the same color and model as the 2010, but now it has a sunroof (which I always wanted), Chrome wheels, backup sensors, and that tight HUD. Now that I have been driving the 2011 for a few hours I've come to the conclusion that the 2010 that I had was a real P.O.S. I've had to put that car in the shop more times than I have with any other car I've owned in it entirety. The only two good things in my opinion that the 2010 has over the 2011 is that the exhaust was louder and the bumper looked cleaner with the backup sensors. But hey I'm happy I have them. More than that, the dealership gave the full value of the car plus a $3000 rebate. The only part that suck out of all of this is that I just put brand new General G-Max All-season Tires on the 2010 car. But I just chalked that up since they gave me the $3000 rebate they gave me. But anywho, the moral of this story (at least for me) is to never buy a next generation car the first year it comes out.
Sorry bro, smells like you might be exaggerating or not telling us how you treated the car. I find it hard to believe that you had to replace a set of pads, rotors, and tires. How many miles were on it when the dealer bought it back? I'd expect 40k or more, unless you beat the ever-living shit out of it.

Swearing and tantrums make me think you were a little bitch about it too. If my Camaro fell apart like yours, I certainly wouldn't buy another one. At the very least, I wouldn't call the first one a POS since they're essentially the same car, made by the same assembly plant with parts from the same suppliers....
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:09 AM   #9
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADLS3 View Post
Sorry bro, smells like you might be exaggerating or not telling us how you treated the car. I find it hard to believe that you had to replace a set of pads, rotors, and tires. How many miles were on it when the dealer bought it back? I'd expect 40k or more, unless you beat the ever-living shit out of it.

Swearing and tantrums make me think you were a little bitch about it too. If my Camaro fell apart like yours, I certainly wouldn't buy another one. At the very least, I wouldn't call the first one a POS since they're essentially the same car, made by the same assembly plant with parts from the same suppliers....
Just for you to know ....even identical twins have several differences !!!!!!and i leave it like that !
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:24 AM   #10
Richochet83

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADLS3 View Post

First off, I'm a grown ass man that doesn't have to exaggerate on a thread. #2, I threw tantrums and cursed at them jokers because I got tired of coming back to the dealership for a problem days apart that they claim they fixed on a car that was only 2 years old. When I traded the car in it only had 34,006 miles. The 20" P-Zero tires only are supposed to last between 20k-25k miles before they need to be replaced. The brakes and rotors would have been taken care of by the dealer since they went bad after a year that I had the car, but I went and purchased aftermarket performance brakes and rotors instead. And the reason I bought the same car is because thats the car I wanted and I wanted one that works. AND it had upgraded features that I already mentioned. Thats why I got another one 2 YEARS later. You're not gonna sit here and have me to believe that you never returned something (i.e. TV, cellphone, computer, etc...) and got the same (upgraded) model. And apparently you must not have heard of "lemons" being produced off the assembly line and sold at dealerships unknowingly by the manufacturer. Thats why there are LEMON LAWS in place to protect consumers against nonsense similar to my case.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:25 AM   #11
Richochet83

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
Just for you to know ....even identical twins have several differences !!!!!!and i leave it like that !
Old 08-18-2011, 09:34 AM   #12
bozbot
Boom goes the dynamite

Drives: '02 civic
Send a message via AIM to bozbot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richochet83 View Post
You're not gonna sit here and have me to believe that you never returned something (i.e. TV, cellphone, computer, etc...) and got the same (upgraded) model. And apparently you must not have heard of "lemons" being produced off the assembly line and sold at dealerships unknowingly by the manufacturer. Thats why there are LEMON LAWS in place to protect consumers against nonsense similar to my case.
+1

I actually give credit to the guy, I think if I had that many issues myself I would have said to hell with Chevy, Camaro being a dream car or not. obviously GM/dealer realized they had a lemon here and did what was right. they must have looked in to things and realized something was up. its not in GM or a dealers practice to just give people a new car because they complaining about a few minor problems.

bozbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:04 AM   #13
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Richochet83, I'm glad you just finally got it done right....and now have a new ride, and HOPEFULLY won't EVER have to go back to a dealer for another problem, you certainly had more than your fair share.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:58 AM   #14
tribone
Searchin' ....

Drives: Powered by Bowtie
Please watch your cursing guys. Last warning.

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote