Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

Old 06-08-2015, 05:45 PM   #1
dal300

Drives: 2001 v6 convertible
Loss of power

Hey, this is my first post just got a question and was gonna see if anyone here could help.

Ok for starters I have a 01 v6 convertible. I just recently got my spark plugs and wires changed. Couldn't have been more than a month ago. Car was back running great no misfires and just reacting perfect. All until this weekend it ran fine then one morning I go out and go for a drive. It seemed a bit sluggish when first accelerating and just not sounding quite right. Almost like a humming not much of a roar with the engine it was weird but thats the only way I can describe it. It seems like a did before the spark plug and wire change, except for the noise change. It's only when im first getting on it I can tell its not giving me all the power and not sounding right. Now I'm not sure what it can be. Can't already be the plugs since they were just changed and this weak engine rev its making. Any info would help, thanks. Oh yeah and it's not giving a check engine light or anything either.
dal300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 12:11 PM   #2
94tagt

Drives: Pontiac Trans Am
Never say never.

Maybe you burnt a plug wire, or have some arcing going on from too much dielectric grease.
94tagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:16 PM   #3
Nameless

Drives: :
One time when my 3.8 experienced sluggish acceleration it turned out my catalytic converter had gotten clogged/gone bad. It was a long time ago so I don't remember if it sounded different. It just didn't go anywhere when I stepped on it. Might be a different idea to look into....
Old 06-09-2015, 09:21 PM   #4
dal300

Drives: 2001 v6 convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
One time when my 3.8 experienced sluggish acceleration it turned out my catalytic converter had gotten clogged/gone bad. It was a long time ago so I don't remember if it sounded different. It just didn't go anywhere when I stepped on it. Might be a different idea to look into....
Hmm did it misfire at all when that happend? And how much did that run you? I'm fairly new with cars so I don't know much about that. Whats the best thing to do and how did you find out? Thanks for the idea though.
dal300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 11:01 PM   #5
VChula
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 1996 Z28 SS & 2014 ZL1
Could be your ignition control module (mine went out on my 2002 3.8 with similar symptoms to yours)
1996 Camaro Z28 SS #1688
2014 Camaro ZL1 Coupe #1956
VChula is offline   Reply With Quote