Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 01-14-2010, 04:02 PM   #1
johndawg
I'd rather be shooting...

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black/Black
Send a message via AIM to johndawg
ATL question - Toll on GA400 - Sticker question

For those of you in Atlanta... Where do you put your GA400 toll sticker?

According to the instructions that come with the sticker, you are supposed to put it 2" from the top of the headliner and 3/4" to the right of the review view mirror post.
There is that huge black area behind the rear view mirror and there is no way that the reader will find it back there.

I'm tempted to just place it up there (to the left of the black area) and give it a go. I was wondering if there were any others out there that have overcome this issue.

Thanks...

The Official Photographer of the 2010, 2011 & 2012 Camaro5 Fests!!! www.theshuttergroup.com
johndawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:01 PM   #2
johndawg

Anyone in another state face same issue?

The Official Photographer of the 2010, 2011 & 2012 Camaro5 Fests!!! www.theshuttergroup.com
Old 01-14-2010, 09:44 PM   #3
johndawg

Old 01-15-2010, 07:16 AM   #4
B2E2RUN
Beer Run

Drives: '14 Sierra SLT All-Terrain
Try it. Secure it with some tape first and see how it works. I avoid the tolls, so not 100% sure how this will work...
Old 01-15-2010, 08:44 AM   #5
colemanvoice
team chicklet camaro

Drives: MOTL3Y
I would say place it where it makes you happy. Let them tell you they are having a problem reading the card. I had an old card that required a battery. The battery would die within a year. One year I just didn't get a new battery. I noticed I was still being charged. I think maybe they use your license number if they don't read a card. Anyway, within several months, they called me and said they were going to send me the new card, no batteries required.

So, my thought is to play dumb and put it where you like and see if anything is said. Maybe check your statements when you get them, which you should. I get a statement in the form of an email each month.

I personaly don't have a toll card in the Camaro, so the above is my only experience.

good luck
Old 01-15-2010, 09:32 AM   #6
johndawg

Yeah... Playing dumb works fine until you get that $25 fee for each time you've run thru the darn thing. Then you gotta fight with a government worker that, and let's be honest, could give a rats a$$ about you and your problems.

Thanks for the info... I'm just going to stick it up there and hope of for the best.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:17 PM   #7
colemanvoice
team chicklet camaro

Drives: MOTL3Y
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndawg View Post
Yeah... Playing dumb works fine until you get that $25 fee for each time you've run thru the darn thing. Then you gotta fight with a government worker that, and let's be honest, could give a rats a$$ about you and your problems.

Thanks for the info... I'm just going to stick it up there and hope of for the best.
I don't remember being charged $25 when I was running through it with no batteries in that old device. They just charged me as if it were working. Granted, I have not read any toll info that they may have provided, though. So, if you've read that, then at least you're informed and aware what might be to come. If they confrunted me about it though, I would just say, "I don't understand, I read the directions and thought I mounted it correctly." kind of thing. I think to only thing that could interfere would be the electronics going to the mirror.

Anyway, again, good luck to ya.