Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2010 Camaro5 Fest (I)

Old 01-06-2010, 09:17 AM   #127
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Drives: 1993 Rustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
I'll be surprised if he runs you.
As will I. I asked a guy that was from HOU to meet me at any track here or there and I live in Austin which is about 2 and a half hrs away. He has a supercharged SRT that was just blowing Z06 Vette's off the road. The excuses started flowing like water and I was banned shortly thereafter. I also asked any and all Challenger owners in and around Austin if they'd like to have a track day with some of the guys from our Mustang club and that thread went unanswered for 2 wks and we never were able to get any Challenger folks to commit. Just letting you guys know before you get too psyched up about dropping a butt whooping on some tanks.
REEFBLUE93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:17 AM   #128
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
LOL @ this thread
Old 01-06-2010, 09:26 AM   #129
Robin Lawrence

Drives: 2010 Camaro 69 Nova
It's all good. I saw the post here, then there and by the time that registered the guys at LMR posted the video. Still I could not let that "challange" go un-answered.

There are some very impressive cars from every camp. You have to really be careful about opening your mouth some days.

Looking at his mods it looked like an even race, heck he has more to the wheels than I have at this point

Keeps things entertaining during to cold winter.

Robin

Robin Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:48 AM   #130
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by REEFBLUE93 View Post
As will I. I asked a guy that was from HOU to meet me at any track here or there and I live in Austin which is about 2 and a half hrs away. He has a supercharged SRT that was just blowing Z06 Vette's off the road. The excuses started flowing like water and I was banned shortly thereafter. I also asked any and all Challenger owners in and around Austin if they'd like to have a track day with some of the guys from our Mustang club and that thread went unanswered for 2 wks and we never were able to get any Challenger folks to commit. Just letting you guys know before you get too psyched up about dropping a butt whooping on some tanks.
I remember that discussion.....there were a LOT of excuses emanating from the Dodge camp and then bans followed for Mustang/Camaro guys who were actually being very patient and polite.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:57 AM   #131
MSG'

Drives: 2010 1SS Camaro
to the challenger guy who cant find the camaro5 fest info, the fest is open to all camaro5.com members, regardless of vehicles you own, i think there is like over 275 members signed up for it right now
MSG' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:19 AM   #132
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK10 View Post
i always wished i was around in the muscle car era, i never thought it would happen again in my lifetime . its a dream come true to have these cars reborn and to see them at an event like this. especially with most of these cars(modified) making more power than most muscle cars did.
Same here. I never thought I'd see it in my lifetime and am thankful to be around for it.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:21 AM   #133
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
I'd own a chally if I wasn't such a Chevy guy. I've had more than a few jeeps and have been always been a closet mopar fan.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:29 AM   #134
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_Username View Post
The people over at ChallengerTalk, with the exception of a few, are a joke. If anyone needs an example of blind brand loyal idiots then look no farther than that place.
Hey be nice, We have a nice olive branch and friendly banter going between the two sites. Their Admin/MOds are keeping things cool on their side and we will keep it cool on out side..No bashing of the other site please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee View Post
its prolly just junkie trying to stir things up
Me stir stuff up..whaaaaaa? How do you think I relieve stress from all of this Fest stuff...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Junkie, please tell me that this website will never get like that one. Man their site just blows!!!!
Like I said above, lets not bash the other forum please. NO need to start a forum war of sorts that does not pertain to racing. We as mods will continue to keep our forum going as is. Even though a few have problems with how we do things, we still manage to keep it moving for our members
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Have you had that lil'special out on the road, yet? Track?

I think I speak for Junkie and all of the "mod squad", when I say that we would all sooner swallow a quart of oil than let this site degrade even a little bit from what it is today.
Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70TA-09RT View Post

just playin see you in april
Hey Four EYE'S!!
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:31 AM   #135
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
I'd own a chally if I wasn't such a Chevy guy. I've had more than a few jeeps and have been always been a closet mopar fan.

Not anymore LOL

They did a great job on the exterior design
Old 01-06-2010, 10:38 AM   #136
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
No rod throwing, no hitting below the blower belt.... Let's have a clean fight gentlemen.

DING!

Old 01-06-2010, 11:07 AM   #137
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post

Funny, I'd own a Camaro had the dealer let me use my GSU discount last February. I had my check book in hand and was AT THE DEALERSHIP to put down a $1000 deposit on a CGM 2SSRS and they wouldn't accept my discount code, even though GM told them it was good. It was a dealership decision and all the other dealers were charging $5K to $10K over sticker.

Frustrated I left and decided to wait a year for the hype to settle down. EPP+++ was announced on the Challenger, I went and test drove one, loved it, bought it.

I always liked the Challenger, but felt it was a bit over priced at MSRP and was honestly a bit leery of Dodge brand vehicles. However, after driving the car it felt very well made, and the EPP+++ deal made it a STEAL for what I got.

The rest as they say is history. I may still get a Camaro, especially if the Z28 comes out. I'll be comparing it to a 2011 Challenger with the 6.4L and see what's what at that time.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:15 AM   #138
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy1975 View Post
Funny, I'd own a Camaro had the dealer let me use my GSU discount last February. I had my check book in hand and was AT THE DEALERSHIP to put down a $1000 deposit on a CGM 2SSRS and they wouldn't accept my discount code, even though GM told them it was good. It was a dealership decision and all the other dealers were charging $5K to $10K over sticker.

Frustrated I left and decided to wait a year for the hype to settle down. EPP+++ was announced on the Challenger, I went and test drove one, loved it, bought it.

I always liked the Challenger, but felt it was a bit over priced at MSRP and was honestly a bit leery of Dodge brand vehicles. However, after driving the car it felt very well made, and the EPP+++ deal made it a STEAL for what I got.

The rest as they say is history. I may still get a Camaro, especially if the Z28 comes out. I'll be comparing it to a 2011 Challenger with the 6.4L and see what's what at that time.
You did the right thing for you, by voting with your feet and your wallet. There were some GREAT deals out there for a while on the Challengers, I amost bought a fully loaded R/T for 30K. It took all of my patience to wait for the Camaro...for which I paid 36K.

Maybe EPP will return on the Challengers, and this time I might just pounce on one of those R/T Classics.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:17 AM   #139
coolman

Chevy , mopar, ford, all have great cars and it's a fun thing to debate when things stay cool. Anybody can get beat on any given day. I didn't start this thread to bash the mopar guys. Because ,I love the challenger almost as much as the camaro and I still own other mopars and fords for that matter. We don't need haters on this thread.

REMBMBER GUYS AND GALS FRIENDLY BANTER .
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:40 AM   #140
70TA-09RT
HOWFAST

Drives: Twin Turbo Challenger 09
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
Hey be nice, We have a nice olive branch and friendly banter going between the two sites. Their Admin/MOds are keeping things cool on their side and we will keep it cool on out side..No bashing of the other site please.

Me stir stuff up..whaaaaaa? How do you think I relieve stress from all of this Fest stuff...lol

Like I said above, lets not bash the other forum please. NO need to start a forum war of sorts that does not pertain to racing. We as mods will continue to keep our forum going as is. Even though a few have problems with how we do things, we still manage to keep it moving for our members
Exactly

Hey Four EYE'S!!

Hey junkie it's six eyes can't help the reflection even at night...just don't stare at em for too long they'll mess up your eyes

All forums have issues with trolls and internal keyboard warriors...
I like the way you guys are rolling over here keep up the good work

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3836977
70TA-09RT is offline   Reply With Quote