Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 08-12-2018, 12:41 AM   #1
gwill30

Drives: 2010 IO RS/SS A6
2010 ss 6l80E shifting issue

Hey guys newer to the forum but I have lurked for a while and done quite a bit of searching but I haven't found someone or thread with similar issues.

I first bought my car a few weeks ago and a couple days later took it on a road trip. While going up the freeway at 70mph in 6th it almost felt like it was chugging or missing ever so slightly. Rpm gauge flutters a bit at 2k rpms. That is about where im at in drive, at 68-72mph. If I speed up or kept my foot in it, it was gone, smooth sailing again. I turned on cruise at 72 and it still did it.
Driving home from that trip it didn't do it at all. (300 miles round trip) I kind of chalked it up to maybe crappy gas it might have had in it when I bought it. I filled it with 93 on my way back from the trip

Some background info and stuff I have done to narrow down the issue.

Car has 90k miles and has had a tune on it for a while so says the Diablo i2 in it when I bought and the guy I bought it from.

I just purchased a new tuner and tune from Dyno Steve (Secretly hoping the issue would go away). Car does feel like a new machine as far as shifting now Feels like its nice and crisp, throwing you into the next gear and already pulling hard.
The tone in the exhaust is beefier as well.

It has a vararam CAI that was filthy when I pulled the filter out so I cleaned it and the MAF with MAF cleaner.

It has new msd wires. I put on last week
new plugs acdelco I put in last week

Catalytic convertors are gone and it has 2.5 duals with flowmaster 40series outback. Previous owner did this

I know a bad TPS can make a tranny shift weird but correct me if im wrong the TPS is built into the throttle body on these? When the TPS is the culprit its not usually just one gear or so I've experienced.

A couple other things I noticed is if im driving normal, about 4 times now it will hold 5th gear a little longer than it should but then shifts nice and firm into 6th.

Today I had a friend in the car and I hammered on it from 10 up to 80ish and when I backed off it was stuck in like 4th or 5th (Like it was a manual and I didn't push in the clutch), I tapped the gas again and it finally up shifted.

I did put it back to stock tonight and took it back out for a cruise, besides feeling like a turd and the drone of the DOD, it did still miss or chug at 70mph

SOO Long story short it chugs or misses some times only at 68-72mph and doesn't like to go into 6th.

Lastly no CELS :(

Thanks for any and all feedback
gwill30 is offline   Reply With Quote