Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-24-2021, 03:17 PM   #1
Supercup
Life Is Short Enjoy It!

Drives: Original Owner 15 Z/28 #934
Z/28 Market - One Owner Cars

Hi,

I put my car up about 3 weeks ago - 1 owners - AGM - no stories - 6,635 miles, new tires at 6,286, no mechanical mods - had ZL1 long rock guards, tow hooks, clear film, paint correction detail (when new), harness bar, schroth belts (drivers seat), black OEM rear bow tie, OEM wicker bill and a few other minor goodies.

Most asked questions
Is it all stock - they were looking for a "yes"

Has any cutting been done to install the harness bar - they were looking for "no"

Confirmed one owner

Confirmed no accidents

Overall when I put mine up there were 8 cars on Auto Trader - I was lowest priced at $58,900 - most were asking north of $60k - low miles (5k or less) were all pretty much $64k and up. Now there are 20 cars and all but a couple are over $60k

I raised my price on auto trader and I got "more" calls! Of the calls I received 3 tire kickers, one legit private party and 4 dealers. Dealer offers ranged from $50k to $60k

Had an acceptable offer from a good dealer a week ago- which I accepted yesterday.

Got an offer from another good dealer this morning for $5k more.

Selling to the dealer I agreed to sell to yesterday - gave my word so that is that.

If you have a one owner car, with lower miles (7,500 or less) then $60k +/- is a realistic price you may sell at if you are patient. $55k is an easy sell to a number of dealers who know the car.

Market is good right now for Sellers. If you are a buyer and find a nice one owner car with low miles and get a fair price - buy it - prices are not going down anytime soon!

I sold too cheap - but say la vie! Car is still in the garage and I already miss it!
Supercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 05:14 PM   #2
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Really sad to hear but I know times and interests change. Too bad it's going to a dealer but $$$ talks and dealing with tire kickers and strokers can be an aggravating PIA. Hope the eventual new owner enjoys the vehicle for the unique beast it is. Good luck with your future auto hobby pursuits.
Old 04-24-2021, 06:32 PM   #3
DAP_Driver

Drives: 2015 Z28 (sold)
Much respect for being a man of your word but sell it to the highest bidder. It’s so rare to make money on a car, especially from dealers where low-balling is in the DNA. Leverage the other $5k offer to get more from the other dealer if you want but don’t leave $5k on the table. Not for a business.
DAP_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 10:29 PM   #4
Sullyman

Drives: 2015 Z/28 AGM, 2017 Z06 Corvette
Sent a you a PM. A really tough decision deciding to sell I would suspect.
Sullyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 08:42 AM   #5
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I get updates from KBB (I know they're high) on my lowly SS. It's hard to believe that a production CAR is bordering on an 'investment' at the moment. Always loved the Z/28. Maybe I should trade up while the gittin's good!
Old 04-26-2021, 08:58 AM   #6
JRowe500

Drives: Camaro z28
I just got one with 1,580 miles on it. Second owner but now I don't want to drive it.
JRowe500 is offline   Reply With Quote