Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 04-26-2014, 03:19 PM   #29
urr2slo

Drives: 2010 2ss ss/rs abm, 2016 2ss/rs hbm
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJETSFAN View Post
Anybody familiar with Toyo 888's? I was thinking of getting a pair.
Great track tire, noisy on the street and wont last. I burn thru a set in less than a weekend of track use and about 4k of street use.
Just switching to them at an autocross day they took off 1.6 seconds on my lap times with no other changes. It was a tight course running sub 40 second laps, so that's a lot of time to shave off.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:06 PM   #30
gomtuu359

Drives: 2012 IBM 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britewood View Post
What about the Nitto Motivo? They have a 60K tread life warranty and come in the sizes & ratings for our Camaros. Anybody try them yet?

Oh an they are all season tires as well....

Just saw this thread searching as well... http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317456
That's what I have on mine, only about 1000 miles on them but so far so good. My stock P Zeros only lasted about 27,000 miles and were really noisy. Got the Nitto Motivo for $986 installed at Discount Tire, about $600 less than the Pirelli's with same ratings and a 60k warranty (not sure about the rotating thing mentioned though since they are asymmetric and different sizes).
gomtuu359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:07 AM   #31
BigVic
Speed Racer

Drives: 2022 LT1
Huh?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiefuzz View Post
I got 44,000 out of my stock set of P-Zeros, so I bought them again. I now have 60,000 miles on my car and the tread looks brand new(16,000). I can't figure how some cars only get 25,000 to 30,000 out of them. I got my tire from Tirerack.com, had them shipped to a local SEARS Automotive, and they mounted and balanced them for $13 each... saved over $400.
=====================

I just cannot see how so many forum members are getting anywhere close to 40K+ miles on these P-Zero's. Hell, I'd be happy with 25K.
Not doubting what your saying, but somethings up with these P-Zeros (or at least mine).

I have just turned 13K on my 1LS (V6) and the backs are about gone, and the fronts have about 4/32.

I have had the car aligned twice, once when I went from the stock 18" steelies to a set of 20" 45th anniversary edition tires/wheels that were pulled after 200 miles, so they were virtually new. Measured the depth at purchase and they were right on (10/32).

Now I do get on it at times, but no daily burnouts. No regular drag racing (BTW, just one time, ran a best 13.69 ET), sometimes an occasional light to light action to show those older GT's a little respect.. No autocross, etc. Just don't get why they wore out so quick. I realize they are a soft compound, but geez, 13K is ridiculous.

Now the ride, handling, and noise (or lack of) has been great, just the crappy mileage.

Maybe my modded V6 is more of a torque monster than I thought

I know l wont be getting the P-Zero's again. Looking at the Conti DW and BF Sport Comp2.
Post delivery - FR 41 ZL1 Replica Rims (20x10 Front, +23 - 20x11 Rear, +43), Llumar 28% Tint, Ceramic Paint Coating, Hardwired Uniden R3 Radar Unit and Viofo A129 Dashcam, TMG A-15 (dual) front Laser Jammers
BigVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:05 PM   #32
fldrummer
"Black Ace"

Drives: Supercharged 2010 SS, 2016 Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigVic View Post
=====================

I just cannot see how so many forum members are getting anywhere close to 40K+ miles on these P-Zero's. Hell, I'd be happy with 25K.
Not doubting what your saying, but somethings up with these P-Zeros (or at least mine).

I have just turned 13K on my 1LS (V6) and the backs are about gone, and the fronts have about 4/32.

I have had the car aligned twice, once when I went from the stock 18" steelies to a set of 20" 45th anniversary edition tires/wheels that were pulled after 200 miles, so they were virtually new. Measured the depth at purchase and they were right on (10/32).

Now I do get on it at times, but no daily burnouts. No regular drag racing (BTW, just one time, ran a best 13.69 ET), sometimes an occasional light to light action to show those older GT's a little respect.. No autocross, etc. Just don't get why they wore out so quick. I realize they are a soft compound, but geez, 13K is ridiculous.

Now the ride, handling, and noise (or lack of) has been great, just the crappy mileage.

I know l wont be getting the P-Zero's again. Looking at the Conti DW and BF Sport Comp2.
It's the hot South-Florida roads. I only got 10k out of mine, and that was before I was making much more power than stock.
Mods: Forged 416 LS3, Maggie TVS 2300 SC (~11 psi), custom cam (232/247, .630/.630, 118 LSA), 90-lb. injectors, ZL1 fuel pump & ADM controller, Alky Control meth kit, Monster LT1-SC twin-disk clutch, ZL1 drivetrain conversion w/ DSS 1000-HP axles & 1-pc. driveshaft, CAI Inc. intake w/ ADM scoop, XS Power full exhaust (1 7/8" LT headers with 3" off-road pipes), VMAX CNC-ported TB, LSR adjustable sway bars, LPE rear end-links, BMR 1" drop, BMR polyurethane bushings; UMI trailing arms & toe rods. Built & tuned by Kraftworks. 755 rwhp/708 rwtq
fldrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:15 PM   #33
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJETSFAN View Post
Anybody familiar with Toyo 888's? I was thinking of getting a pair.

Those are track use only aren't they? I don't think they would be a very good daily, as adverse weather wouldn't agree with these.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:19 PM   #34
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Michelins Pilot Super Sport also PS2s are real good.
The only problem is the cost.

The P-Zeros are relatively cheap in the OEM sizes. It really hard to beat them for the price. In warm weather, the P-Zeros grip pretty darn good.

But if price isn't a factor, I'd go with the Michelins for sure. They grip like crazy.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 01:34 PM   #35
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigVic View Post
=====================

There really is no reason to own a Camaro (muscle car), if you're tires are lasting 40K miles (seriously). You might as well own a Toyota Prius if you drive that conservatively. The one exception would be someone that is putting a lot of highway miles on their car.

I got about 8K out of my P-Zeros before the rear tires were bald. I know guys that didn't even get that many miles out of theirs.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 03:47 PM   #36
Inuyashas_Brother

Drives: '10 Camaro LS - M6
I bought General G-max soon after they came out. They are "Ultra High Performance All-Season" tires - good for dry, wet and light snow conditions.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:52 PM   #37
Inuyashas_Brother

Drives: '10 Camaro LS - M6
Plus, they have a great promo video that features a camaro:

Old 05-06-2014, 08:17 PM   #38
Fuel74

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
If you want stock sizes, go with BFG Comp 2 - much stickier than the pZeros especially in rain or cold weather. Cheaper too. Last about the same, maybe a little longer. I'd be getting another set of those but want to go bigger.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:10 AM   #39
Steve AGM

Drives: 2013 AGM LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuel74 View Post
If you want stock sizes, go with BFG Comp 2 - much stickier than the pZeros especially in rain or cold weather. Cheaper too. Last about the same, maybe a little longer. I'd be getting another set of those but want to go bigger.
Bf Goodrich is made by Michelin, so it has to be a good tire...
Steve AGM is offline   Reply With Quote