Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-12-2015, 02:53 PM   #1
Ksacamaro

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Throttle body problem

Recently my car went to get serviced (Not having any problem)- Engine oil/brake oil/ brake pad / burnished the rotor . That was the only things done , magically when they started the car , the car starts but shakes badly like it has a cam , rpm is not stable at all & doesnt go above 1.5k rpm .

They claim that they didnt do anything to the throttle body however when i checked there was a loose bolt , ofc they are bullshiting but they swear they didnt touch the Tb .

they got a computer & eventually relearned the Tb , car idled fine for 5 mins then it went again to the reduced power mode & same shaking . (we tried it like 5 times , same results)

Nothing to do but to wait for a new tb to arrive to see if the tb is the problem or not , any ideas though ?
Car did throw some codes related to the Tb actuator & something else in the tb...

did that happen to anyone here ?
Old 11-12-2015, 03:43 PM   #2
ZO6 Bryan

Drives: 02 Z06, 95 Trans Am, 2012 ZL1
Need more info. What codes were thrown? I assume that you're having a problem with the TAC module. And it throws the car into reduced engine power mode. Changing the throttle body is probably not going to help. Has the car been modified or has it been tuned ?
Old 11-12-2015, 03:45 PM   #3
ZO6 Bryan

Drives: 02 Z06, 95 Trans Am, 2012 ZL1
So looking at your signature I do see that you have been tuned. There's probably something amiss in the programming. When the computer sees a different airflow than expects to see with a given throttlebody angle then it will through that code and shut the car down
Old 11-13-2015, 02:25 AM   #4
Ksacamaro

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
The car was sent to the tuner to confirm that it has nothing to do with the tune , he uploaded the tune again incase they messed with it while doing the service , & it was the same case . He is sure that its nothing to do with the tune , when he checked the codes he said that its the throttle body problem. I really cant remember what were the codes are but they were 3 codes all related with the throttle body ...
Old 11-13-2015, 07:27 PM   #5
Mike-ZL1

Drives: 2014 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksacamaro View Post
The car was sent to the tuner to confirm that it has nothing to do with the tune , he uploaded the tune again incase they messed with it while doing the service , & it was the same case . He is sure that its nothing to do with the tune , when he checked the codes he said that its the throttle body problem. I really cant remember what were the codes are but they were 3 codes all related with the throttle body ...
Hope this helps I have a ported polished 90MM LS3/LS7 throttle body for sale if you are interested $250 shipped. Sorry for your troubles
Mike-ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 08:22 AM   #6
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Don't trust dealers with these cars......
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote