Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-11-2009, 09:17 AM   #1
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
Wow, got GM Total Confidence on my Camaro

I did not think the Camaro was eligible for this program but got in the mail yesterday saying Congrats on buying your Camaro with GM Total Confidence. You had to buy it prior to June 1st to be eligible. I hope I never need any of it but nice to know.

General Motors has announced a new incentive program that it hopes will encourage people to enter the car buying market again. Called GM Total Confidence, the program has four prongs that includes Payment Protection if you lose your job, equity assistance if you trade in your vehicle later for another one from GM, one year of OnStar and the automaker's 5-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty. We're already familiar with the last two components of GM's Total Confidence program, so let's focus on the first two.

GM's payment protection program is much like Hyundai's Assurance Program in that the automaker will cover your payments in the event that you lose your job. GM's program covers you for 24 months and will make up to nine payments valued at up to $500/month. According to GM, if you qualify for state unemployment benefits, you'll qualify for the payment protection to kick in.

The last element of GM's Total Confidence incentive program is equity assistance, or what GM calls Vehicle Value Protection. This part of the program will cover the difference between what you owe on your vehicle and its NADA Clean Retail Value when you trade it in for another GM vehicle. The idea is to wipe out any negative equity caused by vehicle depreciation when you move on to your next car.

The GM Total Confidence incentive program begins tomorrow, April 1 and runs through April 30, 2009, though could be extended if it works and sales go up. You'll be seeing marketing for the program during the Final Four as well, so keep your eyes open.
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:44 AM   #2
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Not quite sure

why this is posted now. It seems a bit out of date....and was well advertised back in the spring, but good to be reminded of, I guess. Thanks for the heads up tho...

"You had to buy it prior to June 1st to be eligible. I hope I never need any of it but nice to know". and "The GM Total Confidence incentive program begins tomorrow, April 1 and runs through April 30, 2009, though could be extended if it works and sales go up. You'll be seeing marketing for the program during the Final Four as well, so keep your eyes open. "

Mine at sunset

Last edited by KJS; 07-13-2009 at 07:47 AM.
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:47 AM   #3
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS View Post
why this is posted now...it seems a bit out of date....

"You had to buy it prior to June 1st to be eligible. I hope I never need any of it but nice to know". and "The GM Total Confidence incentive program begins tomorrow, April 1 and runs through April 30, 2009, though could be extended if it works and sales go up. You'll be seeing marketing for the program during the Final Four as well, so keep your eyes open. "
Letting know those that bought it that they got it...
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 02:12 PM   #4
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I don't remember getting anything stating I'd gotten the Total Confidence coverage and I picked mine up May 26th... Now I'm curious.
3000 = Accepted By Production Control:03/31/2009 (or shortly before)
3100 = Sequenced: ????
3300 = Scheduled For Production: 04/18/2009
3400 = Broadcast: 04/28/2009
3800 = Produced: 05/05/09 VIN#7607
4150 = Invoiced: 05/15/09 (dealer received)
4200 = Shipped: 05/05/09 (according to the dealer)
5000 = Delivered To Dealer: 05/26/09
6000 = Delivered To Customer: 05/26/09
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 02:38 PM   #5
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indpowr View Post
I did not think the Camaro was eligible for this program but got in the mail yesterday saying Congrats on buying your Camaro with GM Total Confidence. You had to buy it prior to June 1st to be eligible. I hope I never need any of it but nice to know.

General Motors has announced a new incentive program that it hopes will encourage people to enter the car buying market again. Called GM Total Confidence, the program has four prongs that includes Payment Protection if you lose your job, equity assistance if you trade in your vehicle later for another one from GM, one year of OnStar and the automaker's 5-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty. We're already familiar with the last two components of GM's Total Confidence program, so let's focus on the first two.

GM's payment protection program is much like Hyundai's Assurance Program in that the automaker will cover your payments in the event that you lose your job. GM's program covers you for 24 months and will make up to nine payments valued at up to $500/month. According to GM, if you qualify for state unemployment benefits, you'll qualify for the payment protection to kick in.

The last element of GM's Total Confidence incentive program is equity assistance, or what GM calls Vehicle Value Protection. This part of the program will cover the difference between what you owe on your vehicle and its NADA Clean Retail Value when you trade it in for another GM vehicle. The idea is to wipe out any negative equity caused by vehicle depreciation when you move on to your next car.

The GM Total Confidence incentive program begins tomorrow, April 1 and runs through April 30, 2009, though could be extended if it works and sales go up. You'll be seeing marketing for the program during the Final Four as well, so keep your eyes open.
Hey Jon... I got it too. I was like cool... you just never know.

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote