Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 08-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #519
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
No we should of, I didn't even think about that
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
I can't believe i forgot about it! That was one of the main things i have on my way to the fest...
Monchy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:31 PM   #520
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Looking awesome!! You've done a great job, Kevin! You should be proud. And it sounds awesome! Especially when I got to hear it run down the track at the fest! Keep up the good work!
Old 08-08-2013, 07:25 AM   #521
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Hey Kevin, congrats again on your win! It was good to finally meet you and hang out with during the Fest! Your Camaro looks awesome , especially the Hex vents!
Attached Images

ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:22 PM   #522
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Thanks Mike it was great finally meeting you and had a great time hanging out at fest! Thank you for the kind words, means a lot especially coming from the owner of Big Red! Thanks for the amazing pics!
Old 08-09-2013, 10:30 AM   #523
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
Looking awesome!! You've done a great job, Kevin! You should be proud. And it sounds awesome! Especially when I got to hear it run down the track at the fest! Keep up the good work!

Sorry Ang didn't mean to skip over your comment. Thank you so much means a lot coming from you. Love everything you have down to Powder. I was shocked how many people kept coming up to me during fest and always asking the same question "What do you have for an exhaust it sounds like a v8!"
Old 08-09-2013, 11:07 AM   #524
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Fest 4 Update

Had an amazing time down at fest! It was great finally putting some faces to names and meeting a lot of new people! On my way down to Indy my camarovan stopped at RDP in Perry, Oh and I was able to get 3 free dyno pulls. Their shop is amazing and they have so many crazy builds in there. I was a little disappointed with the dyno results but it is ok cause later that week I found out just how fast my car can be . My best dyno pull was 249.3rwhp. They didn't do torque but rather AFR. Below is the dyno sheet:

Next when finally down in Indy the first thing I did Friday morning was get my Hex Vents installed!!! There were a couple of cars in front of me so I had to wait a little while but I didn't mind, had nothing else to do. Although I do feel a little bad for Ashley over at the tent. I kept forgetting I had a bunch of stuff in my car and instead of being a smart person and grabbing it all at once I kept going back to my car to get it....they prob thought I was really paranoid about my car but I promise that wasn't the case lol I just don't have great common sense! . The vents came out awesome and they look killer with my stripes! One thing I really love is I left the splash pans off and you can see through the vents and look at my powder coated intake manifold and all that jazz and I think it looks awesome!

Once my vents were finally installed I figured it was time to hit the 1/4mile! Not going to lie I was a little scared doing some passes because usually at the track near my I have terrible traction issues and ever since I installed my headers they were a little have been a little worse. I did but the pfadt trailing arm package but never had time to install it before fest. So I figure I would also have terrible traction down at Indy and boy was I wrong! That track was prepped amazing! I had zero traction issues and I was able to set a personal best of 13.980@99.55 in some terrible DA (right around 2000 or so), can't wait to see what this thing does in cooler weather! Of course here is the time slip:

Next came Sunday which was just a great day! I'm new to the whole drag racing thing and figured at fest it would be a great time to try bracket racing (which I ended up missing) and class racing. I had a great time just putting my car down the 1/4mile and the class racing was def an awesome experience. On Sunday I didn't run my greatest times but I must say my reaction time was on fire! My best reaction time during fest was.....wait for it........... 0.009!

As others have mentioned I managed to win the v6 class during the class racing. Congratz to Ruby coming in second! It was a lot of fun! The trophy is really cool, and surprisingly heavy! Here is a pic of me accepting my award from ARH:

And an attempt at an up close pic of it, not gonna lie it was a little hard to take a pic since it is made out of glass and reflects:

It is pretty cool though that my hard work is paying off and people are noticing!

Overall fest was awesome! Even though there were 100s of Camaros there every single one was different which I think it amazing! Did get some ideas though, which my be a little bad for my wallet haha!

Almost forgot! Here are a couple of vids other took of my during the 1/4mile. (hope these get embedded)

*special thanks to Mike (ssMike), Mike (rt600catman) for some of the pictures and Jon (wolco13) for the pictures and videos, for a video.

Last edited by kjkjr27; 04-23-2014 at 03:58 PM.
kjkjr27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #525
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Your Camaro looks sick! I love the stripes and vents! Great job Kieth and you gotta teach me how to launch like a pro! We all had a great time at the fest as well as that stop at RDP! We still haven't figured out whose oil was left at the dyno though!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:55 PM   #526
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Today finally got around to installing part of the Pfadt Trailing Arm Package. However today I only installed the actually trailing arms. I was planning on also doing the outer trailing arm bushings but the tool I originally bough to take the stock ones out like in the DIY made my SSMIKE was the wrong one and a cheap version and it wasn't working. Other than the whole outer bushing problem the only other issues I had were originally getting the bolts loose. I hit them with a heat gun for a little bit and after some hard pulling them loosened up easily. When putting the Pfadt Trailing Arms in there was some slight issues with them lining up with the Lower Control Arm but with a little pushing and my friend pushing the bolt through it only took a couple of minutes. Hopefully within a week or so I can get back under the car and swap out the bushings since that is where the most noticeable gain is. Here are some pics from the install. O also the pfadt trailing arms are 0.66lbs lighter than stock haha. I'll have to weigh how much the stock outer trailing arm bushings are and compare those to the pfadt ones. Not sure when I am going to be installing the tie rods since I need to get an alignment done with them. I plan on getting coilovers in the near future so maybe I will install the tie rods along with the coilovers so I only need to get an alignment once.

Pfadt Trailing Arms

Stock compared to Pfadt

Some pics with them installed

O yea, not a fan of the "raw" look but as long as they do what they are suppose to do that is fine by me.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:36 PM   #527
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Those will certainly help with keeping your tires planted. Of course the bushings will help even more.

As for the install of the bushings, when I did mine it was tricky. They were not easy to remove.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:39 PM   #528
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
You Camaro looks so good! The stripes with the hex vents really look great together
Old 08-25-2013, 06:58 PM   #529
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Quote:
Those will certainly help with keeping your tires planted. Of course the bushings will help even more.

As for the install of the bushings, when I did mine it was tricky. They were not easy to remove.
I did a hard start to test them out and the tires still spun and then again when the car shifted into second so it is hard to say how well the improved everything. I def need to get those bushings on. Unforunately I work the next 7 days straight so won't really have any time soon but when I can find time they will def be going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey64 View Post
You Camaro looks so good! The stripes with the hex vents really look great together
Thanks Aubrey! Can't wait to see how your new bumper looks!
Old 08-25-2013, 07:07 PM   #530
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Quote:
I did a hard start to test them out and the tires still spun and then again when the car shifted into second so it is hard to say how well the improved everything. I def need to get those bushings on. Unforunately I work the next 7 days straight so won't really have any time soon but when I can find time they will def be going on.

Thanks Aubrey! Can't wait to see how your new bumper looks!

Keep in mind, the trailing arms and bushing are not going to prevent wheel spin, they are to help prevent wheel hop. Big difference between the two. It is the dreaded wheel hop that breaks things.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:33 PM   #531
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Quote:
Keep in mind, the trailing arms and bushing are not going to prevent wheel spin, they are to help prevent wheel hop. Big difference between the two. It is the dreaded wheel hop that breaks things.
Ah maybe I don't know the difference yet lol. Still learning things as I go haha.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:45 PM   #532
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Quote:
Ah maybe I don't know the difference yet lol. Still learning things as I go haha.

NP........I never experienced wheel hop until last year while at the track, and I knew it when it was hoping along at the start, not a good thing.

Wheel spin is just that spinning of the tires.

Wheel hop is the back end trying to get traction and hoping while looking for it.

I am sure someone can describe it better.

Tags
12secbuild