Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-24-2008, 12:56 PM   #43
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDBiker220 View Post
Wow, i didnt realize tom henry did so much aftermarket, i live 5 min down the road from them. Maybe ill order my camaro from them in may when i get out of college
Big Welcome to the site!

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 04:21 PM   #44
BAMA 69
STANG KILLER

Drives: 1969 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDBiker220 View Post
Wow, i didnt realize tom henry did so much aftermarket, i live 5 min down the road from them. Maybe ill order my camaro from them in may when i get out of college
welcome to the site
5 min down the road....... LUCKY!!!

"What is a Camaro?",

"a small, vicious animal that eats Mustangs".

(wikipedia camaro)
BAMA 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 01:08 AM   #45
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMA 69 View Post
Hold up! I 'm not downplaying the Hawk in no means. It was and still is one bad ass car and i loved it.
and Tag a FYI just get ready because when i order my C5 I will have Questions for you if you don't mind.
Sorry bout that! You couldn't see the smile on my face when I typed it...and I forgot the smiley. OOps! I know you didn't mean it that way.

Post up any and all questions when you get them. I'm sure we have plenty of folks here that would love to help as well!

As soon as I get a list of options and aftermarket goodies from Tom, I'll make sure to post them up.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 01:25 AM   #46
Th3Nigh7Stalk3r

Drives: 1991 Caprice
Hey TAG, what exactly did you get on your 2010 camaro? Just wondering.
Th3Nigh7Stalk3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 02:15 AM   #47
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3Nigh7Stalk3r View Post
Hey TAG, what exactly did you get on your 2010 camaro? Just wondering.
Right now, my order stands as is:

2SS
RS Package
Cyber Gray
Black Interior
LS3 6spd
Cyber Gray Engine Cover
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Gray w/ Black Stripes Car Cover

I have not yet ordered the aftermarket goodies. Tom will be supplying me with a list of aftermarket accessories in the (possibly near) future.

I know what I'd LIKE to do and more importantly, what my budget will allow me to do. Let's just say I'm pretty sure I'll be working a little extra overtime over the next 6 months...
Old 10-25-2008, 09:43 AM   #48
BLACK67

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to BLACK67
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaros and vettes View Post
hey man i was told you can not get cyber gray engine covers?? you sure that you can? i got mine from a close friend who is gm of dealership and we have worked really close on the camaro.
Get your local body shop to paint it Cyber Grey the way you want it. Thats what I am going to do.
BLACK67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 09:49 AM   #49
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK67 View Post
Get your local body shop to paint it Cyber Grey the way you want it. Thats what I am going to do.
Yep. That's an option that Tom has thrown out there too.
Old 10-25-2008, 03:01 PM   #50
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
SLP made all the SS's for GM. You'd order the SS from your dealer, the factory would build a Z28 and ship it to Toms River, NJ where it would get the hood, spoiler, and the other additions you wanted. As far as rank, check out Tom's link. Read about his "toys." Looking at what he said, it appears as though he's going to offer products to add on for the purchaser before delivery...so....pretty much whatever you could think of, I'd imagine!

!

AHA!!!!

Caught ya!

In 1996 and 1997 -- we built Camaros as Z28s -- then sent them to SLP's facility in LaSalle, Quebec........where the car had the hood/spoiler/wheels/tires/exhaust and select suspension components removed and then 'made' into an SS......at that time, second sticker stuff was added as well......

In 1998, we brought most of the program into Ste. Therese -- the cars were then sent to LaSalle, Quebec with a 'slave' hood and no rear spoiler -- and the SS Hood and rear spoiler were added as well as any additional 'second sticker' equipment --

In both cases, the cars were returned to Ste Therese (rhymes with 'Perez') for final inspection and then turned over to GenAuto where they were loaded onto Rail Cars for those bound for the U.S.

Cars were not converted in Toms River, NJ -- that's their "Performance Parts Division"

Meanwhile -- glad to hear you ordered your new SS thru "The Lil Weasel!"
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 06:26 PM   #51
BAMA 69
STANG KILLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
AHA!!!!

Caught ya!

In 1996 and 1997 -- we built Camaros as Z28s -- then sent them to SLP's facility in LaSalle, Quebec........where the car had the hood/spoiler/wheels/tires/exhaust and select suspension components removed and then 'made' into an SS......at that time, second sticker stuff was added as well......

In 1998, we brought most of the program into Ste. Therese -- the cars were then sent to LaSalle, Quebec with a 'slave' hood and no rear spoiler -- and the SS Hood and rear spoiler were added as well as any additional 'second sticker' equipment --

In both cases, the cars were returned to Ste Therese (rhymes with 'Perez') for final inspection and then turned over to GenAuto where they were loaded onto Rail Cars for those bound for the U.S.

Cars were not converted in Toms River, NJ -- that's their "Performance Parts Division"

Thanks for the info!

I love it! the fact that we thinks that we know it all and then fbodfather steps in and says that not exactly true! HA HA

"What is a Camaro?",

(wikipedia camaro)
Old 10-25-2008, 06:37 PM   #52
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
did they charge you msrp? if my deal falls through with my dealership and they end up charging me more than msrp im going to be looking for a new dealer. PA isnt too far away from me.
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 03:42 AM   #53
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
AHA!!!!

Caught ya!

...oops. I swore it was in Toms River. Oh well...messed that one up. But, now I know!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMA 69 View Post
Thanks for the info!

I love it! the fact that we thinks that we know it all and then fbodfather steps in and says that not exactly true! HA HA
HEY! I was close! Ok....go back....edit my original post....delete....make Scotts post disappear....and add that info to mine....
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
did they charge you msrp? if my deal falls through with my dealership and they end up charging me more than msrp im going to be looking for a new dealer. PA isnt too far away from me.
You might want to call him since his initial allocation, I BELIEVE, is all spoken for. But, get in touch with him for sure. I know his allocation was messed up...might help him out for next order. Then again, I could be wrong and he might have one left. I don't know. Best to send a PM to the Little Weasel and find out!!
Old 10-30-2008, 01:48 AM   #54
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

So...I'm at my computer checking up on threads today when I hear a ring of the doorbell....

....who could it be?

...and then my wife walks in with a box addressed to me from Tom Henry Racing.

....of course, my eyes widen...and I'm wondering....WHAT IN THE HECK IS THIS!

....open the box and surprise!

Very cool!

Tom, thanks a bunch! That was VERY cool of you!
Old 10-30-2008, 07:06 AM   #55
BAMA 69
STANG KILLER

Sweet!!!!

"What is a Camaro?",

(wikipedia camaro)
Old 10-30-2008, 02:04 PM   #56
Tom Henry Racing

Drives: 98 Brickyard,The latest THR build
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
So...I'm at my computer checking up on threads today when I hear a ring of the doorbell....

....who could it be?

...and then my wife walks in with a box addressed to me from Tom Henry Racing.

....of course, my eyes widen...and I'm wondering....WHAT IN THE HECK IS THIS!

....open the box and surprise!

Very cool!

Tom, thanks a bunch! That was VERY cool of you!
You're Welcome!
Tom Henry Racing is offline   Reply With Quote