Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-01-2008, 02:11 AM   #71
camaro5

Drives: X-15 Velocipede
Congratulations Tag. I see many smiles in your future.
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 01:55 PM   #72
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
the one thing to think about is the engine itself would still have the 24 months/50,000 miles warranty. so the only things not covered would be rearend and transmission. which cost substantially less to repair then the motor will if anything was to go wrong.
But that is what worries me....I'm not too concerned about the engine as I am about the tranny and rear end. I want it all covered. That's just me. I'm sure many of us do too. If you could get an upgrade from the dealer and they would warranty the work and parts, do you know just how many more people would be doing the dealer mods as well!! Hundreds would be doing it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro5 View Post
Congratulations Tag. I see many smiles in your future.
Man....I've been smiling ear to ear since this all began to unfold. I don't think it's ever going to go away! and thanks. I can't wait to spend a few days driving it back to SA>
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 08:58 PM   #73
camaro5

Drives: X-15 Velocipede
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
But that is what worries me....I'm not too concerned about the engine as I am about the tranny and rear end. I want it all covered. That's just me. I'm sure many of us do too. If you could get an upgrade from the dealer and they would warranty the work and parts, do you know just how many more people would be doing the dealer mods as well!! Hundreds would be doing it!

Man....I've been smiling ear to ear since this all began to unfold. I don't think it's ever going to go away! and thanks. I can't wait to spend a few days driving it back to SA>
I learned another angle on this. As a last resort, you can claim it on your full coverage insurance. Some guy had a CAI on a Vette that snorkeled a ton of water into the engine from deep water. No warranty there, but pay the deductable and insurance covers it. Blow your motor from a supercharger? Full coverage insurance is your back-up.
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote