Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 04-19-2016, 03:47 PM   #57
drago

Drives: 2015 1le
supposedly this issue was fixed in 2013, i have not heard of 14-15 cars having this still. very worrisome, getting ready to go cross country in my 2015, almost 2000 miles on it
drago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 04:25 PM   #58
kmdracer

Drives: 2015 black 1SS 1LE
Knock on wood. I have just over 10,000 MI on my 2015 1LE ( bought it new with 47mi) did first oil change at 1,000mi, the 5,000, and 10,000. No problems so far.
Old 04-19-2016, 10:32 PM   #59
jwcassidy1969

Drives: 2018 red hot 1le
When you read about a few failures on the internet it's easy to get scared. Most of the failures are from being installed incorrectly from the manufacturer or from builder. My dad has done hundreds of ls3 conversions and only had one failure and it was do to a factory error. They use only new GM motors for there builds. If you read enough stories you will find just as many failures using aftermarket pumps as stock. Keep your oil changed regularly and hope your builder or factory install was correct is about all you can do. When you do a cam install if you touch the pump you have to loosen the bolts and turn the motor over to make sure it's centered correctly before tightening the bolts.
jwcassidy1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 04:04 PM   #60
jamestown

Drives: 2014 1le
I have/had this issue and it is a 2015. I was experiencing intermittent low oil pressure at idle however, not an outright pump failure.

I just got the car back after replacing the pump and removing the second oil pressure relief valve in the oil pan. So far so good, but I've only had very limited time to test.
Old 04-22-2016, 11:38 PM   #61
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman09 View Post
Just had this happen to me. Drove the car this morning to drop my son off at school, then drove my daughter to horse riding and shut the car off. Drove back home with my daughter and the car ran fine with no indication of any problems, and even had my oil temp and pressure showing on the DIC. Got home shut the car off ate breakfast came back out to run a quick errand about 15 minutes later fired it up threw it in reverse and instantly chimes start going off saying no oil pressure turn engine off. Shut engine off, check sensors to make sure something hasn't wiggled loose. Everything was still connected, couldn't find any leaks, oil was full. Pulled filler cap, started engine, yup no oil. Shut engine off called onstar and she is on her way to a dealership. Heres to hoping warranty picks this up.
Update?
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 09:22 AM   #62
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
Update?
car is stuck at dealer...........huge mess.........dealer is claiming GM flagged warranty for unknown reasons. If anybody has any experience in this I would appreciate the help and will elaborate further in PM. Don't want to post everything just yet.
Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 10:24 AM   #63
gto mark

Drives: 2015 Red Hot 2SS/RS 1LE Recaros NPP
How low is too low at idle? Mine reads about 15psi on the 4 pack gauge at idle when hot. That seems a little low compared to the other cars I've had.
gto mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 09:31 PM   #64
Superman09
Account SNAFU

still fighting but it isn't looking good
Old 04-30-2016, 01:41 PM   #65
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
:cigarette:
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 02:23 PM   #66
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Still fighting, should find out about my last ditch effort Monday

Sent from my campfire using smoke signals
Old 04-26-2019, 06:58 PM   #67
galloand

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
sorry About the old thread.

Today I was driving in my 2014 1LE and got the low oil pressure warning. I just happened to be right down the street from a Chevy dealer so I limped it in with no issues. No noises or anything. Once at the dealer I told them about the low oil pressure and asked them not to start it. The service writer and technician started the car 3 times (once to “check numbers”, once to drive it to the service Bay Area, once to pull it into the bay, and once to show me the knock it was now making) like I said, the motor was not making any unusual noises when I shut it off. The service writer even said “it’s not making any noises it’s probably a bad sensor.” Before he drove it to the service Bay Area. After an hour they bring me to the service area and start the car and now it’s knocking and sounds like shit.

And my power train expired on 2/24/19. Car has 27k miles on it with regular oil changes. Now my car sits at the dealership and they want to bill me 3 labor hours to check the oil pressure and find out where the issue is. However with them driving the car and the noise it’s making nowI can’t help but suspect there was collateral damage in the valve train, I can’t help but feel like the dealership is partially responsible for that.

I have filed a claim with Chevrolet customer care and spoken with the dealerships service manager. Has anyone dealt with anything similar? Do I actually have any chance of getting this covered by GM/the dealership?

Thank you
galloand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 07:44 PM   #68
14ssrs6man

Drives: Summit White 2014 2SS/RS 6spd
Was your maintenance done at a dealership? A good warranty manager should get that covered.
Old 09-29-2019, 10:07 AM   #69
firedruish

any one have any more news on this.

Yesterday 9/28/2019, my 2014 2SS RS M6 with 98k on the clock lost oil pressure while making a pass...car sounded like it was eating metal. The engine shut down immediately, and the clutch was in when it all happened, coasted her to the side of the road and had her towed to the nearest chevy dealer...alamosa co.

I have the Zurich extended bumper to bumper warranty that I have used once for a headlight issue. The Zurich policy expires, per the documentation in 2k miles or 10/6/2019,...gods I am scared they are gonna screw me.

Any more news, or thoughts out there

TIA
Old 10-08-2019, 09:20 AM   #70
Andoskyy

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS/RS 1LE
Hi All,

Noticed this was an old revived thread and figured i'd chime it.

This happened to me twice on my 2015. The fist time the car had about 10,000 miles on it, it went back to the dealer and they said they replaced the oil pump and the issue was solved.

About a year and 5,000 miles later, it happened again, so I brought it to Slowhawk Performance for an upgraded cam.

After spending a lot of time talking to the owner, he said the dealer would just keep replacing the oil pump and not solve the root cause of the problem...a cam/lifter issue.

Once my cam was completed, he said his tech saw no evidence of anyone ever being in the engine, so it was likely the dealer never even changed the oil pump.

Anyway, very happy with my decision to solve the problem for good with a BTR cam, LS7 lifters, and a slew of supporting parts.

I could have kept bringing it back to the dealer, but didn't want to risk having it happen again and blowing my engine. Also pretty happy with the 60 extra HP to the wheels now!
Andoskyy is offline   Reply With Quote