Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-02-2009, 08:37 AM   #43
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
Is that some kind of goofy Canadian law now?
Anyone living so close to California is not allowed to call any Canadian law goofy.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:47 AM   #44
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by shroomjohn View Post
What is this search option you speak of
Shroom:

The "Search" function is in the Gray Colored bar near the top of this page.

It has "Homepage", "Garage", "Wiki", "User CP", "Community", "Calendar","New Posts", "Search", "Quick Links" and " Log Out" in it.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:49 AM   #45
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Anyone living so close to California is not allowed to call any Canadian law goofy.
I wouldn't consider San Antonio very close to California, but I guess it is closer to it than Ottawa...

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrail View Post
Shroom:

The "Search" function is in the Gray Colored bar near the top of this page.

It has "Homepage", "Garage", "Wiki", "User CP", "Community", "Calendar","New Posts", "Search", "Quick Links" and " Log Out" in it.
I'm pretty sure he was being facetious...
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:49 AM   #46
ahart04
most bang for your buck

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM/BLK RALLYS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
Just so people aren't confused...

THIS IS NOT TRUE. This would be ideal, and is exactly how I would like them to operate, but they do not work this way in the U.S.

I believe the Canadian cars do this, however, as I believe Hylton said his is like this.

Again, the U.S. cars do not operate this way.

As soon as you click it to the right to turn the halos on, it says on the DIC "Automatic lights off" or something along those lines (don't remember the exact wording). So when you want the HIDs on, you have to manually turn them on, or put it back on "Auto" (turning it to the left).
i remembered there being a conversation about it a while back, so i offered up what i could recall...sorry for the misleading information!
Old 02-24-2010, 03:05 AM   #47
mmongi7

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Send a message via AIM to mmongi7
Good info. I had some questions about the differences in this as well.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:56 AM   #48
Trailnut

Drives: '15 Colorado, '73 C/10
Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelster View Post
The SS supercedes the RS badging. If your car only had the RS badges on it, noone would know if it was a V-8 or not, unless they saw the slit in the front. I would rather have people know I drive an SS than an RS.
Yes a "slit in the front" that does NOTHING!
Old 02-24-2010, 07:46 AM   #49
jonnyb

Drives: IBM 2SS/RS
Send a message via Yahoo to jonnyb
LOL!
Attached Images

Old 02-24-2010, 07:57 AM   #50
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camdaddy View Post
Sometimes I wonder about the intelligence of this group.
1. Any Camaro above an LS has fog lights, whether it's an RS or not!
2. The center of the headlight dial is actually a button that turns on the foglights!
3. READ the owners manual. It's all there.
I to wonder about their intelligence. Particularly when they make smart @$$ comments while giving WRONG information.

The RS has daytime running lights instead of fog lights. The SS gets a red SS emblem instead of a white SS emblem to indicate it's an RS as well.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:00 AM   #51
kdbolt70

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
N-N-N-NECROTHREAD
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
kdbolt70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:02 AM   #52
friskyshouse

Drives: 2010 ABM 1LT RS
I've always said that GM's best kept secrets are in the owners manual
friskyshouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:07 AM   #53
TripleX

Drives: 10' Camaro 2SS/RS
Anybody see my dog? Here Foggy, come here boy...

Nevermind, I'm outta here, I found him...
TripleX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:16 AM   #54
nimnels

Drives: On the lot
I am really sorry because i am sure this is a very stupid question but i would really appreciate a really simple answer i assume the "fog lights" on the camaro are the two small circle lights at the very bottom of the grill. What I was wondering is if i bought a 2SS RS package camaro, if there was a way for my halo and the brighter light in the middle to come on automatically at night, but to not have the "fog lights" come on during the day. I am really just wondering if i can have all the lights come on automatically when it gets dark, except for the "fog lights". I just want to make this clear i would just like to know how to or if there is even a way to just make the lights come on automatically but never use the "fog lights" neither in the day or night.

Also, another question i have was are the halos the normal night time lights, and the other lights in the middle the "bright" lights or the high beams

I am sorry if these are noob questions or if i should have used the search feature but the search feature doesn't seem to work for me, when i say this i mean it never gives me for what i am looking for

Thank you guys
nimnels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:43 AM   #55
rocketman 12
SOON.........

Drives: 2010 ABM SS/RS Z-281LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimnels View Post
I am really sorry because i am sure this is a very stupid question but i would really appreciate a really simple answer i assume the "fog lights" on the camaro are the two small circle lights at the very bottom of the grill. Correct.

What I was wondering is if i bought a 2SS RS package camaro, if there was a way for my halo and the brighter light in the middle to come on automatically at night, but to not have the "fog lights" come on during the day. I am really just wondering if i can have all the lights come on automatically when it gets dark, except for the "fog lights". I just want to make this clear i would just like to know how to or if there is even a way to just make the lights come on automatically but never use the "fog lights" neither in the day or night. The only way to turn your fogs off is by turning your Halos on, which disables the auto-headlights, so I guess the answer is yes.....and no.

Also, another question i have was are the halos the normal night time lights, and the other lights in the middle the "bright" lights or the high beams Halos are just parking lights, the light in the middle is both the bright and dim, just have someone sit in your car and flip from dim-bright while you watch from in front of the car.

I am sorry if these are noob questions or if i should have used the search feature but the search feature doesn't seem to work for me, when i say this i mean it never gives me for what i am looking for You aren't the only one with this problem, hardly ever works right for me either....

Thank you guys

and.....HOLY REVIVED THREAD, BATMAN! Sorry couldn't resist.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:00 AM   #56
CPanther95

Drives: Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
RS is just a fairly benign option package, why would you want a badge for that? Would you put a Cargo Net badge on your car?If it has SS badges, that's more significant. If you don't have an SS, than an RS badge might make sense - but only because of what it might make people think.

CPanther95 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fog lights, rs package