Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 08-16-2009, 11:20 AM   #15
Mod007

Drives: Camaro SS/RS
Dame who panited those Calipers Red?
Old 08-16-2009, 11:29 AM   #16
mwilkes

Drives: Twin Turbo Mustang
Send a message via Skype™ to mwilkes
It's A coilover system so you set your ride height. Calipers are done by Fastlane.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:00 PM   #17
Jferrell88

Drives: black 2ss/rs
I'm ignorant when it comes to suspension, but why is it every coil over install has a company guy overseeing it, i dont mean any dis respect or anything but are these coil over setups that complicated to install, that its not something i can buy and install myself and make work properly without having a pedders tech with me or any other company for that matter? I'm not trying to flame anyone , rant , or even be negative. I love the way the car looks and I'm very serious about ordering one of these kits but it seems kind of intimidating.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:38 PM   #18
mwilkes

i think the reason you are seeing all the company guys overseeing these installs is because these systems are brand new and the people who are doing the installs have pictures done while there is company training going on. Personally, i don't think there is anything difficult about doing the install and I think I could easily get it done on my driveway in a day, but with quality systems (such as the Pedders) the company wants to ensure that their distributors are trained.

in reality, installing a coil over is as easy as lowering any other vehicle (actually easier since you don't reuse the OEM equipment) but there might be a trick to learning how to set the ride height correctly.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:42 PM   #19
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
^

+1
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:18 PM   #20
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

Drives: Raptor
Remember the alignment that will require qualified/competent people that are able set it to spec. It may not be rocket science, but it is a job that requires you pay close attention to detail installing. A momentary lapse of reason followed by a drive on the freeway could cost lives.
CGM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:01 PM   #21
Jferrell88

Drives: black 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilkes View Post
i think the reason you are seeing all the company guys overseeing these installs is because these systems are brand new and the people who are doing the installs have pictures done while there is company training going on. Personally, i don't think there is anything difficult about doing the install and I think I could easily get it done on my driveway in a day, but with quality systems (such as the Pedders) the company wants to ensure that their distributors are trained.

in reality, installing a coil over is as easy as lowering any other vehicle (actually easier since you don't reuse the OEM equipment) but there might be a trick to learning how to set the ride height correctly.
There a good allignment shop near by hopefully they can do it correctly
Old 08-17-2009, 07:10 PM   #22
mwilkes

yeah, i forgot about an alignment.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:54 PM   #23
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilkes View Post

Our Pedders coil overs are different than most.We do not use the lower spring seat to adjust ride height. Even though we do have a spring compression adjustment so it will not be loose when the vehicle is picked up.

A lot of reasons I have been to some of our dealers as well as the other Mike White, is they are also local to us. Is not that they are so hard to do. They are quite simple. My job is to assist them in doing it right the first time, and teach them a method to minimize height re-adjustment. I have developed a system to do pre-adjustments and it as been very simple and accurate. So if I can get a Pedders dealer to be effiicient and do it like Pete and I want it done, not only does the dealer benefit, but also the customers benefit as well.

Also, many times that Pete and I are doing a normal install, we may very well be doing a test fit of some kind of a new product. You may or may not ever hear about this. It is just one of the methods that we do to constantly improve our products and service.

Doing the installs like I do, helps me write a lot of manuals and install procedures. These manuals have been a real help to hundreds of DIY guys and yes gals (had a lady customer do a Track II system on her Charger. This is the hardest install that we have. The manual and about 5 phone calls helped her do a prestine job!.

thanks
mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:04 PM   #24
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Mike, are you still in Fairfield-ish area?
Old 08-17-2009, 09:35 PM   #25
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
I have my set shipped out today and if i get it by Thursday i will have it on for some pics by Saturday.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:02 PM   #26
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Mike, are you still in Fairfield-ish area?
I am home based in Livermore, but I am all over the west coast

mike
dms
Old 08-20-2009, 08:50 AM   #27
usmcjlp

Drives: 2SS/RS LS3 RJT
Mike,

I talked to Pete this week. I am having a Pedders" full suspension build done in about 3 weeks. I just noticed this picture. I can't believe I haven't seen it before. I have a random question.

If I install the coil overs with a 1-1.5" drop can I still use the GM splash guards or will they have ground clearance issues?

Thank you.
usmcjlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:03 AM   #28
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcjlp View Post
Mike,

I talked to Pete this week. I am having a Pedders" full suspension build done in about 3 weeks. I just noticed this picture. I can't believe I haven't seen it before. I have a random question.

If I install the coil overs with a 1-1.5" drop can I still use the GM splash guards or will they have ground clearance issues?

Thank you.
I have not seen the splash shields on the Camaros yet. Have you seen a picture on how low they go at stock height?

mike
dms