Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-24-2009, 12:24 AM   #43
StrobinSS

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
Because they can it's THEIR car or should we all drive the same stock car?
StrobinSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:24 AM   #44
SPADEKREATIONS
spadekreations.com

Drives: 2010 camaro ss,2008 3500 HD
Send a message via AIM to SPADEKREATIONS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tones2SS View Post
I agree. Will keep checking this post.
I assume the vent will be function?
What was the purpose of narrowing the rear end? To get a bigger tire in the wheel wheel? THANKS!

yes on both
Old 09-24-2009, 04:11 PM   #45
nassau97

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 97 Vette 91 Vette
Yuck
nassau97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:25 PM   #46
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
im hoping you guys will eventually come out with a self install kit for the vents i mean. without having to make it widebody..i really like the idea of having "lambo" type vents on the side..i was really confused as to why they just made the vents on the rear fender just dents..from all the pics i seen before it actually came out i was under the impression that they were actual vents and was functional..wonder if someone will leave the vents there but cut them to make them actual vents and functional..or make a tape on kit that enhances the vents by buldging them out and squaring them off making them stick out a little from the side sort of like you vent but smaller, turned around backwards and three of them..LOL..
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:51 PM   #47
socalicrusin

Drives: 2010 Camaro2SS/RS Summit White A6
Um....yuck! just get a lambo....
socalicrusin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:13 AM   #48
MP81

Drives: M62'd 2007 Cobalt LT
Send a message via ICQ to MP81 Send a message via AIM to MP81 Send a message via MSN to MP81 Send a message via Yahoo to MP81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohrg Beast View Post
I was really confused as to why they just made the vents on the rear fender just dents..from all the pics i seen before it actually came out i was under the impression that they were actual vents and was functional..
That's how the first gens were too - they were just a design element.

Much like the side vents on the Mustangs aren't functional - never have been, I don't believe. Just styling.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:26 AM   #49
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
well solcalicruisin ill sell my V6 for well after adding in price for all the mods about 40k and you supply the extra 160k and ill get one..to me the camaro is the American Lambo, i know alot will say the vette..but to me its the camaro.

the thing is im not wanting it to look in no way like a lambo. not at all, like stated before they arent trying to make a copy of the lambo just some parts of that car were used for referrence or even inspiration..nothing wrong with that..and i would actually like to see people do stuff to the vents..im seeing spoilers hood work, ground effects work top work even hip replacements..lol..but nobody has taken the time to just beef up the stock vents, cut the inside out so they would direct air towards the inside rear of the car and maybe put some stick on fiber glass or even carbon fiber lugers that would enhance the over all height and width of the three vents, making them much bigger and have more volume over all. so they would definately stand out and even keep the camaros stock feature, but just making them bigger and more distinguished.

i would buy them if any of you guys would make anything like that or just like the pics on the beginning post but not have to get the hip replacement surgery..i would like to keep the width of my car but get the squared off vent cover and hell maybe even the side grooves that go down the car door and onto the vent cover..i think it looks damned nice guys..best thing ive seen on the side of the car yet..id love to have some..lol..let me be the first to know if you make some "diy" or self install vent covers that just stick on or rivet on and ill scoop em up and install them..ill take dozens of pics of it and let you use the pics for advertising and ill post threads as usual about the product and how much i either enjoy it or dont enjoy on this forum..i do that for every single one of the mods i attach to my car..a ton of people seen AACSTYLE's halos in my car and went nuts cause they finally found a vendor that was willing to do non RS style cars.

my car was a non RS and my lights didnt have halos..so they didnt come apart by unscrewing them and they didnt have a mount for the rings..so they done it and after someone had the balls to let them take apart their lights and post pics of the finished product those guys cant keep up with the buisness..i guarantee there would be a market for such a unique and defining add on like a vent cover in that same style and build, but without having to destroy the back end and rebuild it wider..LOL. if i can help in any way let me know..ill do what i can if you guys need someone to ask around if anyone would be interested in it.

Last edited by Mohrg Beast; 09-25-2009 at 06:39 AM.
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 06:22 PM   #50
SPADEKREATIONS
spadekreations.com

Drives: 2010 camaro ss,2008 3500 HD
Send a message via AIM to SPADEKREATIONS

Old 09-25-2009, 07:16 PM   #51
infamous00827
Heartless-1

Drives: 2008 nissan altima coupe
so sexy lol. i wonder how much this we'll run for us
Old 09-25-2009, 09:22 PM   #52
mwilkes

Drives: Twin Turbo Mustang
Send a message via Skype™ to mwilkes
Looking good! you still wanting the fastlane ZL1 turbo? we loaded a new video of what it's capable of with a little more tuning and boost....
Old 09-26-2009, 08:31 PM   #53
shevyman

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPADEKREATIONS View Post

do you have any idea of what size wheel you are going to put back there? and would you by any chance know the off set for doing this?

reason i ask is we did a inch wider body kit on mine and need to fit a set of wheels but not sure how wide i can go i heard 11 is the widest on stock so maybe i should do 11 with a diff off set to sit j with the body kit.

if any ideas could you please help
shevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:34 PM   #54
DarricSS

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
Ugly...
Old 09-26-2009, 11:54 PM   #55
SparkyDL75
SparkyDL75

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/Grey
That second to last picture makes it look as though this is going to be 100% functional vent for the rear brakes. I think it is going to look great.
Suspension Pedders Pace Car Pkg w/ZL1 Upgrade; Pedders Upper & Lower Control Arm, Steering, & Differential Mount Bushings; Pedders SS Brake Lines; Pedders Dual Bearing Camber Plates; ZL1 Toe Link; Hawk Performance Ceramic brake pads
Drivetrain Maggie2300(8psi-3.4pulley); CompCam; 85lb injectors; ZL1 fuel pump; ZR1 MAP; Centerforce DYAD Twin Disc clutch; Stainless Works LT headers; QTP Cutouts; Rotofab intake; RX catch can; Mike Norris tune 643rwhp 598 rwtq

SparkyDL75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 02:16 AM   #56
hc8719

Drives: Grand Prix GT
Hurry up and finish, I want to see this Wide Body! lol

Great job guys
hc8719 is offline   Reply With Quote