Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-29-2009, 09:26 PM   #29
Badger

Drives: 2010 ABM SS #14 of 2,027
Yeah..OK I got ya...

-- Constitutional scholar and Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:26 AM   #30
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
...just double checked the odo....I'm at 4,989. So, it's been 600 or so miles since we reset it. I was off on my miles...(adding in miles from Dallas to here and miles to and from work per day).
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:47 AM   #31
ItIsWhatItIs

Drives: #5 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
My check engine light came on at about 750 miles and stayed on until I took my car to Stainless and had Ron put on a set of QTP cutouts. Check engine light went out and hasn't been a problem since then.
ItIsWhatItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:37 AM   #32
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Maybe it's a Stainless thing?

....or, maybe it's just the ECU!
Old 11-16-2009, 11:57 PM   #33
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Still no codes and no lights.

Just thought I'd mention it.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:34 PM   #34
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Still no codes and no lights.

Just thought I'd mention it.

UPDATE!!!

actually, not really...nothing to update...lol....still no light.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:46 AM   #35
66DeuceLS1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS SIM M6 Hockey Kit
Tag - I installed a set of 1 3/4" Kooks on my car last weekend with HF CAT's that I got from Badger (Thanks Man!). First have to I say, how much easier can it get to install a set of headers on these cars! Nothing like all my old school cars!

Well after installing them, I got less than 100 miles and got the dreaded CEL light too. Ran it for a couple of days until I hot my HPT activated and once I ran the scan it didn't show a code at all which I thought was weird (I'm running the beta version too). So I hit the reset code button and then started the car. Sure enough the light was gone and has not come back yet too! I have driven it about 200 miles since the reset and nothing.

One thing that I did notice though was that when I ran my scan, there were a number of system scan processes in the tab that showed "incomplete"....so maybe to KelleyPerformance point....maybe it will through a code again if it initiates another scan...don't really know, but I am with yeah if it comes on again...just reset it and move on.

One thing that I have noticed since doing the LT's is that the car does seem to burn very rich as compared to pre LT's. I too don't want to risk the warranty with a tune, even though my local dealer owner said he would work with me if I did tune it....hate to get put into a position that "Big Brother GM" asks for information off the PCM that cannot be reset to factory specs after a tune... This being said, do you think doing the sensor tune on the Vararam intake system will be enough to lean it out????
Old 12-05-2009, 11:36 AM   #36
fldrummer
"Black Ace"

Drives: Supercharged 2010 SS, 2016 Golf R
I have the New Era CAI and DT shorties. I have a CEL that comes and goes every few days, it seems. Every time it comes on, I think 'there it goes again,' knowing in a day or 2 it will disappear again. Strange...
fldrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:52 AM   #37
TK

Drives: Black 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66DeuceLS1 View Post
Tag - I installed a set of 1 3/4" Kooks on my car last weekend with HF CAT's that I got from Badger (Thanks Man!). First have to I say, how much easier can it get to install a set of headers on these cars! Nothing like all my old school cars!

Well after installing them, I got less than 100 miles and got the dreaded CEL light too. Ran it for a couple of days until I hot my HPT activated and once I ran the scan it didn't show a code at all which I thought was weird (I'm running the beta version too). So I hit the reset code button and then started the car. Sure enough the light was gone and has not come back yet too! I have driven it about 200 miles since the reset and nothing.

One thing that I did notice though was that when I ran my scan, there were a number of system scan processes in the tab that showed "incomplete"....so maybe to KelleyPerformance point....maybe it will through a code again if it initiates another scan...don't really know, but I am with yeah if it comes on again...just reset it and move on.

One thing that I have noticed since doing the LT's is that the car does seem to burn very rich as compared to pre LT's. I too don't want to risk the warranty with a tune, even though my local dealer owner said he would work with me if I did tune it....hate to get put into a position that "Big Brother GM" asks for information off the PCM that cannot be reset to factory specs after a tune... This being said, do you think doing the sensor tune on the Vararam intake system will be enough to lean it out????
I don't understand, a bit of noob to certain things "cars". but what does an exhaust have to do with a vehicle running lean/rich. Shouldn't the amount of fuel to air ratio be based on the intake (mass airflow sensor) and computer?

Someone explain to me because I'm thinking of LT's up to stock cats, already have a muffler delete. I rather it not affect my fuel economy, although I'm not too concerned, more concerned about the CEL.
TK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:02 PM   #38
Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK View Post
I don't understand, a bit of noob to certain things "cars". but what does an exhaust have to do with a vehicle running lean/rich. Shouldn't the amount of fuel to air ratio be based on the intake (mass airflow sensor) and computer?

Someone explain to me because I'm thinking of LT's up to stock cats, already have a muffler delete. I rather it not affect my fuel economy, although I'm not too concerned, more concerned about the CEL.
You can't hook LT's up to your stock Cats..aint gonna happen.

Old 12-05-2009, 12:05 PM   #39
TK

Drives: Black 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
Bleh, can't be welded? if *impossible* then it wouldn't be out of the question to go with aftermarket cats, but what about my question about lean/rich running with exhaust work?
TK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:57 PM   #40
Badger

Quote:
Bleh, can't be welded? if *impossible* then it wouldn't be out of the question to go with aftermarket cats, but what about my question about lean/rich running with exhaust work?
Shorties would work for you....as for the 2nd question..I am not a tuner and I shall hope one will chime in and answer your question. Good Luck

Old 12-05-2009, 02:18 PM   #41
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
And from what I've been hearing, a large percentage of the RWHP gain is coming from the high flow cats/race pipes that are replacing the factory cats (2 cats per side).
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 03:44 PM   #42
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66DeuceLS1 View Post

If your dealer would work with you, talk about LUCKY!!! And get that puppy in writing.

Also, for your last question, "yes." Patrick said that he CAN move the sensor to rich/lean it out...and by doing this, it will lean it out a bit. That's one of the main things we are going to work with on mine...again, testing on mine if mainly for cars with long tube header systems, etc. When ordering, you can tell him you have LT's and there will be a bushing or no bushing, etc for the MAF. He's even currently working on a unit that has an adjustable neck. We have 3 units we are going to try on my car on Monday. So, we'll see. Yeah...you'll be fine. Just watch for what I do with mine and you do the same.
Quote:

If you are opening up the pipes to allow more air flow, the computer has to react and push through more fuel. Air will move faster over the MAF if the exhaust is pushing out more air. More air out equals more air in. Open up that intake w/ a larger CAI and WOOSH...air just rushes in.