Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-07-2023, 11:13 PM   #43
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
My old one!

Not sure if this was the inspiration, but I still have it. It was really awesome, but was a complete PITA to build on Shutterfly, because my computer was slooooow.
Attached Images

chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 01:35 PM   #44
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef-beavis View Post
Not sure if this was the inspiration, but I still have it. It was really awesome, but was a complete PITA to build on Shutterfly, because my computer was slooooow.
Looks great! Do you recall what you paid for these in 2013? I've hit up a couple printers online (Walmart) and offline - a local outfit and I'm seeing about $21.00 for an 18 month calendar and about $15 for a 12 month.
Old 10-08-2023, 06:09 PM   #45
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danial View Post
Looks great! Do you recall what you paid for these in 2013? I've hit up a couple printers online (Walmart) and offline - a local outfit and I'm seeing about $21.00 for an 18 month calendar and about $15 for a 12 month.
Sorry. Been too long. Funniest thing is, when I looked through it, it was a 2014 calendar. The proofing dept. Is fired!
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 07:28 PM   #46
Danial

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef-beavis View Post
Sorry. Been too long. Funniest thing is, when I looked through it, it was a 2014 calendar. The proofing dept. Is fired!
Oops!

Well, I will get a third quote and then get this ball running for everyone.
Old 10-09-2023, 09:56 PM   #47
Danial

Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
Me and my early '10 SS participated in a calendar photo shoot back in early 2010. It was filmed at the old warehouse section
of Baltimore Md. Only 3 other new Camaros showed as the 5th Gen was brand new and you almost never saw one on the road.
I'm putting together the list of names to draw out of the hat. Should I put you down as an interested party, sir?
Old 10-09-2023, 10:23 PM   #48
Danial

Cars of the Camaro5.com Forum Calendar!

(Important info - please read all so there are no disappointments!)

IMPORTANT NOTE - I'M GOING TO STOP UPDATING THIS LIST. I FIND MYSELF CREATING MORE WORK ON THIS END THAN IS NEEDED AS I AM LOGGING THIS INFO IN THREE DIFFERENT LOCATIONS - NOTEBOOK, SPREADSHEET AND HERE. JUST KNOW THAT THE RESPONSE HAS BEEN EXCELLENT WITH NEW PEOPLE EMAILING ME THEIR INTEREST IN THE PROJECT DAILY! GOOD TIMES, GOOD TIMES!
---------------------------------------

Ok guys, so far we have 23 folks including myself, interested in partaking! If anyone else would like to join in, be sure to get your name in the hat for the drawing. (This is an 18 month calendar.)

All current members of the forum are eligible, regardless of the length of your membership here.

I went out for three quotes and it looks like $25 will be our best bet. This cost covers the 18 month calendar, the mailer and shipping. I'll cover any overages if it comes to that.

1. New pic no one has seen yet, if possible. If not, that's fine. They all look good!

2. Be sure to send it with one or two lines of description with as much or as little info about you and the car as you want printed. Be sure to give credit to the photographer. They like that...grin...also, let me know if you want your screen name, real name or both on the credits in the calendar.

3. Let me know if you want the pic printed as is or if you will be ok with me cropping and/or color and contrast editing. I have mad skills in this department and would get your approval before making the changes permanent.

3a. If you have a season-specific looking pic and would like your car in the calendar during that time, let me know. I will try to accommodate as best I can. I'll try to do birthday months as requested as well.

4. Email to send pics and info: danthecardude (AT) hotmail.

5. Email for PayPal payment: liquorlist.com@gmail.com

6. PayPal payment is the only sort of online service I use for such things. If you don't use the service, send me an email, and I will send you my snail mail address to send payment to.

DEADLINE: OCTOBER 31st - I'm hoping this gives everyone time to send pics and make the payment. The sooner the better, as I will still need to put everything together and get it submitted.

Here's a list of the participants so far: (Thanks guys!!)
Danial
Chef-Beavis
1JEWLDSSRS
SlowLS1 - 2 Calendars Only, No pics
Eddymel1998
Aqua Blue RS/SS
olblue75
acutron42 - 2 Calendars Only, No Pics
Joe.G
2010sgm - 2 Calendars
Bee
joekono
Indian_Mack
Moto-Mojo
MSgt O
The_bald_eagle_machine - 2 Calendars
myold88
ariZona28
InFiD3ViL
Ashen 6.2 - 3 Calendars
HyperV117 - 1 Calendar
Keith C. - Sent Pics...I'm not sure who this is on the forum. Help?

This is going to be great fun and I appreciate all the enthusiasm and participation! One more thing - I just want to assure everyone that all funds will be promptly refunded if the project fails to materialize for any reason.
Attached Images

Last edited by Danial; 10-12-2023 at 10:17 PM.
Danial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 11:02 PM   #49
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
I'm putting together the list of names to draw out of the hat. Should I put you down as an interested party, sir?
Sure
Old 10-09-2023, 11:05 PM   #50
Danial

Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
Sure
Done! See the latest thread for the updated details!
Old 10-09-2023, 11:12 PM   #51
SaReNi

Drives: 2012 SS
Just a suggestion, I used to own a 2001 Bullitt Mustang and I still belong to that club as well. virtually each year they do a calendar. People submit photos and they will post up a list of photos, in that case, by year of the Bullitt, i.e., 2001, 2008-9, the 2019-20 and any replica's of the movie car . So groups of pictures by those groups are listed and people vote on their favorites. they start out with say the favorite 5 of the group and each of the year groups will have maybe three groups so they are narrowing from maybe 30 photos or more. they keep narrowing down by group until they get the final 12 for the calendar.

here are some examples for the 2023 calendar

https://www.imboc.com/threads/vote-r...roup-3.378903/

https://www.imboc.com/threads/vote-r...-group.378924/

I can find out who they used to produce it if that would help.
Old 10-09-2023, 11:33 PM   #52
Danial

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaReNi View Post
Just a suggestion, I used to own a 2001 Bullitt Mustang and I still belong to that club as well. virtually each year they do a calendar. People submit photos and they will post up a list of photos, in that case, by year of the Bullitt, i.e., 2001, 2008-9, the 2019-20 and any replica's of the movie car . So groups of pictures by those groups are listed and people vote on their favorites. they start out with say the favorite 5 of the group and each of the year groups will have maybe three groups so they are narrowing from maybe 30 photos or more. they keep narrowing down by group until they get the final 12 for the calendar.

here are some examples for the 2023 calendar

https://www.imboc.com/threads/vote-r...roup-3.378903/

https://www.imboc.com/threads/vote-r...-group.378924/

I can find out who they used to produce it if that would help.
All good, thanks for the feedback! Actually, things have kind of gelled. The details are here now:

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=620313

Can we add you to the list?
Old 10-10-2023, 04:49 AM   #53
Ashen 6.2

Drives: 2014 Camaro Z/SS
This is awesome! Please add me to the list if possible.

Roy

Mods - GPI 416 w/Custom Grind Cam, Ported Heads & Tuned by Ben, Holley Dominator ECU, Mag Heartbeat, ZL1 Fuel Pump & DSX Aux Pump, NW 103 TB, FIC 1650's, Alky Meth, Circle D 3600 Triple Disc, Kooks Headers, Viking Coil Overs & all the BMR Goodies in the rear, Zl1 3.23 Diff, DSS Axles, Gulfcoast Driveshaft, Hendrix Offset Diff Bushings, AFE Solid Subframe Bushings, 875HP/843TQ 5FDP
Ashen 6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 05:39 AM   #54
SlowLS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS , 2011 Colorado LS1
Quote:
(Important info - please read all so there are no disappointments!)

Ok guys, so far we have 19 folks including myself, interested in partaking! If anyone else would like to join in, be sure to get your name in the hat for the drawing. If no one else joins then we won't need a drawing - someone has to be on the cover, right? (This is an 18 month calendar.)

All current members of the forum are eligible, regardless of the length of your membership here.

I went out for three quotes and it looks like $25 will be our best bet. This cost covers the 18 month calendar, the mailer and shipping. I'll cover any overages if it comes to that.

1. New pic no one has seen yet, if possible. If not, that's fine. They all look good!

2. Be sure to send it with one or two lines of description with as much or as little info about you and the car as you want printed. Be sure to give credit to the photographer. They like that...grin...also, let me know if you want your screen name, real name or both on the credits in the calendar.

3. Let me know if you want the pic printed as is or if you will be ok with me cropping and/or color and contrast editing. I have mad skills in this department and would get your approval before making the changes permanent.

3a. If you have a season-specific looking pic and would like your car in the calendar during that time, let me know. I will try to accommodate as best I can. I'll try to do birthday months as requested as well.

4. Email to send pics and info: danthecardude (AT) hotmail.

5. Email for PayPal payment: liquorlist.com@gmail.com

6. PayPal payment is the only sort of online service I use for such things. If you don't use the service, send me an email, and I will send you my snail mail address to send payment to.

DEADLINE: OCTOBER 31st - I'm hoping this gives everyone time to send pics and make the payment. The sooner the better, as I will still need to put everything together and get it submitted.

Here's a list of the participants so far: (Thanks guys!!)
Danial
Chef-Beavis
1JEWLDSSRS
SlowLS1
Eddymel1998
Aqua Blue RS/SS
olblue75
acutron42
Joe.G
2010sgm
Bee
joekono
Indian_Mack
Moto-Mojo
MSgt O
The_bald_eagle_machine
myold88
ariZona28
InFiD3ViL

This is going to be great fun and I appreciate all the enthusiasm and participation!
Danial, really appreciate what you are doing and I will definitely buy a calendar, maybe 2.

As for a spot in the drawing, please put someone else into my spot. My car in it's current form is not worthy of a spot in a calendar if it was to get lucky in a drawing.

Brian
Old 10-10-2023, 08:05 AM   #55
Danial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashen 6.2 View Post
This is awesome! Please add me to the list if possible.

Roy
Added! And I got your pics, sir. Please send me any info about the car and/or yourself you'd like attached to the pic.
Also, just to confirm - you would like three calendars?
Old 10-10-2023, 08:11 AM   #56
Danial

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLS1 View Post
Danial, really appreciate what you are doing and I will definitely buy a calendar, maybe 2.

As for a spot in the drawing, please put someone else into my spot. My car in it's current form is not worthy of a spot in a calendar if it was to get lucky in a drawing.

Brian
:-(

I'll follow your lead, sir. Thanks for letting me know.