Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-04-2022, 03:29 PM   #155
frey.199

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by caper View Post
you likely would if the car wasnt starting and you were going through as many possible solutions as possible to get it to run.
I've had my issue 2-3 years now. I've tried new starter, new battery, nothing wire related yet. Unfortunately, which is why I don't drive it much because my wait time to restart is 15 mins minimum with the hood up.
frey.199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 04:11 PM   #156
Pkeen

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/rs, 2008 Avalanche
Pull all ground connections ,1 in trunk and 2 in engine compartment and clean the paint off down to bare metal and add an extra grond cable from engine block behind alternater to the body where there is another small ground wire. Be sure to clean paint off there too.
This is what I did and havnt had any more issues!
2010 Rally Yellow 2ss/rs , M6 ,416ci , K1 rods & crank,weisco -3.0cc dome pistons,.040 head gasket, 11.5 compression,1 3/4" LT ,3" pipes w/x-pipe no cats, Cam Motion cam 239/247 113+3 .621"/604" lift , BTR .660 Platinum dual springs w/Titanium retainers, CAI . Stock ls3 heads,intake,injectors & TB. 515rwhp/500rwtq.
Pkeen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 12:58 PM   #157
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkeen View Post
Pull all ground connections ,1 in trunk and 2 in engine compartment and clean the paint off down to bare metal and add an extra grond cable from engine block behind alternater to the body where there is another small ground wire. Be sure to clean paint off there too.
This is what I did and havnt had any more issues!
i did this, installed new high tq starter and new crank sensor and wiring at the same time. car now starts - although sometimes slow, but never sets a code or leaves me stranded now.
Turbonetics running 8lbs boost at 700rwhp tuned by Hi Rev, installed by K&M w/cat-muffler delete, ACS splitter, Fesler GFX, MPD1 spoiler, Custom painted Rally stripes, Cordon CR1 wheels 275/315s, Hotchkiss comp sways and end links, Barton shifter
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 01:36 PM   #158
DENVERJETMECH

Drives: 2013 SS Inferno Orange L99
I had the slow cranking speed/ check engine light when starting hot after a few minutes of engine off. This has been a ongoing issue (many years) during the warm months here in Phoenix.

I found a cable that goes from the bellhousing on the starter side to the chassis structure where there is a bolt just below the heat shield.

I purchased it from Gen5diy and there is a short video on the subject as well.

Installation was very easy, just pay attention to the cable routing so as not to contact anything hot.

This has cured the issue I have had with my car and no worries starting no matter the temperature.
DENVERJETMECH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 03:07 PM   #159
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERJETMECH View Post
I had the slow cranking speed/ check engine light when starting hot after a few minutes of engine off. This has been a ongoing issue (many years) during the warm months here in Phoenix.

I found a cable that goes from the bellhousing on the starter side to the chassis structure where there is a bolt just below the heat shield.

I purchased it from Gen5diy and there is a short video on the subject as well.

Installation was very easy, just pay attention to the cable routing so as not to contact anything hot.

This has cured the issue I have had with my car and no worries starting no matter the temperature.
i did the same thing. picked up a thick neg battery cable about the same length from autozone for a fraction of the cost.
Turbonetics running 8lbs boost at 700rwhp tuned by Hi Rev, installed by K&M w/cat-muffler delete, ACS splitter, Fesler GFX, MPD1 spoiler, Custom painted Rally stripes, Cordon CR1 wheels 275/315s, Hotchkiss comp sways and end links, Barton shifter
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 04:33 PM   #160
lvlender

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by frey.199 View Post
I'm kind of confused at this part. The car originally comes with 2 AWG wire running from the battery (+) to the aux post. You then bypass the post with a 1/0 so essentially you're going from 2 AWG to 1/0 then back down to 2AWG running to the starter, correct or no? How would it benefit if you're just bypassing the post to go back down to a 2 AWG wire?
Bet you did not read the posting I pointed to that explains how this is done

Open this posting and all should be clear https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showt...=399658&page=4
lvlender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 06:00 PM   #161
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvlender View Post
Bet you did not read the posting I pointed to that explains how this is done

Open this posting and all should be clear https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showt...=399658&page=4
Error 404 on that link.