Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

View Poll Results: IF YOU LIKE THE COLOR BLUE, would you consider buying the Camaro in this one?
Yes 83 29.64%
Maybe 54 19.29%
No 143 51.07%
Voters: 280. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-03-2011, 08:44 PM   #71
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
That rendering is why ABM didn't sell too well, that's what everyone thought it was.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:44 PM   #72
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Powder blue? I like it, especially w/ silver or white stripes!
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:26 PM   #73
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Had my heart set on a Crystal Red Maro. Had to settle for IOM CGM Rally Stripes. No regrets.

Old 06-03-2011, 10:33 PM   #74
DerbyChamp06

Drives: 13' RAM 1500 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASCR3 View Post
For those of you complaining that GM got rid of ABM for SGM. You have it all wrong. ABM was retired and Summit White was the replacement. Summit was not available at the start of production in 2009, it came on about 6 months after start-up. ABM was only available for approximately he first 6 months the cars were being built. Synergy Green didn't happen until nearly the end of the 2010 run, kinda like the 2011 Synergy Series cars only being available for the end of this model years run. No disrespect meant to anyone just trying to get the facts straight is all. I too agree that ABM is a color that like SGM was this past year, could be brought back, even if it's for a limited run only. Bet they'd sell the hell out of them for a 6 month run.

John
Sorry, not correct. Summit White was planned all along to come out later in model run, and was not the replacement for ABM. It was on the Camaro web-builder site from the beginning, as a "later production" color.

Camaro shares same paint line as Impala (or atleast it did at time ABM was discontinued), and due to logistics, most colors are shared between the 2 cars (including Summit White, offered on Impala from several model years back) . Which of course limits how many Camaro-Only colors are offered. To make room for SGM, GM opted to discontinue least-ordered color at the time, which was ABM. ABM sold extremely poorly on Impala (the more conservative IBM did much better on the sedan), but ABM was just marginally less popular then IBM on Camaro. So for all practical purposes, ABM was essentially a Camaro-Only color, just like its replacement, SGM, which truly was Camaro-Only.

(It would be nice to see GM offer up a nice medium metallic blue, in place of IBM, to appeal to more broad-based group of blue-lovers, but for the time-being, it appears being tied to the Impala-shared paint line is handcuffing GM....bummer)

Last edited by DerbyChamp06; 06-03-2011 at 11:35 PM.
DerbyChamp06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:05 AM   #75
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Nothing View Post
I agree!!!! Even this thread is over a year old the color is still the best IMO

I just saw this color for the first time yesterday. I was driving next to a supersonic Z06 for a good 5 miles and was absolutely mesmerized with the color. It was a late afternoon sunny day, and the warm colored lighting really made this color look classy and bad ass at the same time. It looks similar to CGM, but I honestly like the look of supersonic blue much better after seeing both in person. There's just a hint of color that gives this color a bit more life and takes away some of the "drabness" I see when viewing a CGM in certain lighting conditions.

With all the constraints and uncertainty with metallic colors due to the earthquake in Japan, I would be very receptive to supersonic blue replacing CGM in the Camaro lineup. I just don't see the sense in both being offered since they are similar. It definitely leans more towards grey than blue. It's very doubtful that those that have been pleading for a medium blue would even except this as a solution because of this.

If it was offered for my future ZL1 next year, it would be my first choice, that's how impressed I was with it yesterday. A supersonic blue ZL1 with black stripe and black ZL1 wheels = mega drool

and here is the best pic I could find that shows the difference between supersonic blue and CGM

Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:45 AM   #76
Jenni.Bee

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdoc436 View Post
You obviously have great taste!!! That would be may color as well!!
Looks like you guys get your wish. Carbon Black Metallic = Carbon Flash Metallic = Black Granite Metallic = 58U/GAR and it seems to be available on the 2012 Camaro (and the 2012 Vette) as a special package color option.
Jenni.Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:33 PM   #77
Shurenuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Pic?
Carlisle Blue IMO =

Old 06-29-2011, 01:39 PM   #78
FrankT
400HP used to be enough..

Drives: 2010 2SS rs manual
I've seen the Supersonic blue in person and don't care much for it. And I'm a blue car kind of guy. The Jetstream blue is gone on the Vette's now too, so I don't think it'll make it to the Camaro. Too bad. I would love a ZL1 in Jetstream blue.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:10 PM   #79
Shurenuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakout View Post
Dude I'm in love with Electron Blue Metallic. IOM is my favorite Camaro color at the moment, but if they started making one in EBM then I'd buy that at the drop of a hat. Then get some silver bumblebee-style stripes....

I don't know if this is Electron Blue, but this is pretty much exactly what I'd like. Not too light and not too dark (something in between ABM and IBM), a true, deep, metallic blue.

For now, I'll have to settle on IBM on my ZL1(if it's still available after the shortage), but I have my fingers crossed.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:34 PM   #80
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
I don't know if this is Electron Blue, but this is pretty much exactly what I'd like. Not too light and not too dark (something in between ABM and IBM), a true, deep, metallic blue.

For now, I'll have to settle on IBM on my ZL1(if it's still available after the shortage), but I have my fingers crossed.
Now that's a nice looking blue. Something close to that would definitely be my first choice color. I could be somewhat happy with black but I would be ecstatic with a blue like this.