Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-18-2018, 05:09 AM   #29
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
Who knew wet roads might be dangerous? Maybe you were on the 414? LOL hope that wasn't I-4
Old 05-18-2018, 05:44 AM   #30
Taylortoons

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I agree with Silversleeper to be careful what you say to the adjuster regarding mods. From an insurance perspective they increase your car's value by exactly 0.
Old 05-18-2018, 06:15 AM   #31
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post
I would be careful what I said to the adjuster. "Mods" is a 4 letter word. They might be ok with wheels but performance mods that were not disclosed could cause up to them not paying out or not re-insuring you. If you've been dropped with a recent total getting new insurance will be $$$$$.
Way better to eat the cost of any mods on it than try to haggle your adjuster on them IMHO. The wheels might also be in that category IDK. But I'd guess they'd be less worried about you being a street racer than with engine mods.
I wouldn't hassle with parting it, and it's totaled. Sometimes the adjuster will ask you "what do you want?". Indicating he can write it in such a way it would be repaired if you were strongly inclined. I wouldn't on that car. Devalued due to the severity and way too much damage. Instead I'd push for a full retail value payout and get some reliable sedan until you grad and get a job and house and wife and kids and all that. When the time is right you can always get what you want later.
There are a few threads on here about similar situations and the UGLY cars we drove going to college. It was better than being stressed over car payments and gives you more flexibility. E.g. less part time hours to cover payments.
THIS.

I know most insurance agencies will refuse to re-insure you or pay you if they see you have major mods, and didn't tell them. Be careful. That's a dangerous game.
Old 05-18-2018, 10:39 AM   #32
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Michelin tires?? And people complain about the Pirelli P Zero tires. When it comes to any summer tire, if there's enough water the road, they become useless. You really have to go SLOW in such conditions.
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:41 AM   #33
Soybeanrice

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarky View Post
Who knew wet roads might be dangerous? Maybe you were on the 414? LOL hope that wasn't I-4
528. I wouldn’t blame the tires. I was going roughly 50 and you can see in the pictures that the middle lane retains water. I went from this road, to an overpass that sat higher (the same height as the older looking road), back to this road which was retaining water. Basically I went on top of a sheet of water, but it’s hard to tell because this “New” asphalt just looks slick when wet
Soybeanrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:44 AM   #34
Soybeanrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
THIS.

I know most insurance agencies will refuse to re-insure you or pay you if they see you have major mods, and didn't tell them. Be careful. That's a dangerous game.
I mean... I can’t go and take off all the suspension stuff in the tow yard lol
Old 05-18-2018, 12:28 PM   #35
TintcoatTrooper

Drives: '10 RJT 2ss *RIP* '13 CRT 1ss 1LE
That car is totaled ... mine totaled out with less damage than that given it was a 2010 but in good condition... got 21k for the car tho
TintcoatTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 12:36 PM   #36
TintcoatTrooper

Drives: '10 RJT 2ss *RIP* '13 CRT 1ss 1LE
And for what its worth i got reimbursed on rims i had on my first car that was totaled (Charger). They asked for the invoices though.. luckily i still had the email from over a year
TintcoatTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 01:25 PM   #37
Yellow Bullet

Drives: 2017 Chevy Sonic RS 1.4T
The rain has sucked,hope you are well. For what that's worth

2017 Sonic Mosaic Black RS 1.4T
Yellow Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 01:41 PM   #38
Taylortoons

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I had a car totaled last year and the insurance company wouldn’t give me any money for the rims but would let me swap out the original rims and tires.
Old 05-18-2018, 01:55 PM   #39
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylortoons View Post
I had a car totaled last year and the insurance company wouldn’t give me any money for the rims but would let me swap out the original rims and tires.
I too totalled a car last year - I had it towed to my house while we waited on the Ins Co. I put the Original Wheels back on before the Adjuster came out
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 09:15 AM   #40
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Bummer , but its mainly cosmetics new quarter new rear new front and fender and some suspension and then paint they may not total it. Cars now are meant to peel away and save the driver with crumple zones and honey combs of plastic to absorb shock and I am guessing you could get it repaired of course and the front cradle? the front radiator support etc condition are the most important aspects to if it goes big bucks. There comes appoint where their spending the money to fix it versus total it determines the outcome.
Old 05-19-2018, 10:58 AM   #41
Soybeanrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
Bummer , but its mainly cosmetics new quarter new rear new front and fender and some suspension and then paint they may not total it. Cars now are meant to peel away and save the driver with crumple zones and honey combs of plastic to absorb shock and I am guessing you could get it repaired of course and the front cradle? the front radiator support etc condition are the most important aspects to if it goes big bucks. There comes appoint where their spending the money to fix it versus total it determines the outcome.
The adjuster saw it thursday and no word so far... my hood was open when I went to get more stuff from the car. Of course from there the adjuster can see all the mods :\
Old 05-19-2018, 07:38 PM   #42
JLGO

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS convertible L99
That looks like I4.
JLGO is offline   Reply With Quote