Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 02-24-2015, 03:44 PM   #15
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
I did the swap to 4l80e at first and now have a TH400. Its not too bad of a swap and everything mounts fairly easily but you do have make a small notch in the tunnel for the auto but you will never know it or see it.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:02 PM   #16
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Track Performance View Post
I also have a 2014 v8 manual car that I am going to be swapping to a 6l80. I already have a automatic harness and am wondering what all wiring needs to be done for the shifter and such. Anyone have any details?
You will need a different driveshaft
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 04:08 PM   #17
Fast Track Performance

Drives: 2011 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Track Performance View Post
I also have a 2014 v8 manual car that I am going to be swapping to a 6l80. I already have a automatic harness and am wondering what all wiring needs to be done for the shifter and such. Anyone have any details?

To clarify further I am familiar with everything that will need to be done external wise(flexplate, converter trans, engine wiring harness, driveshaft, shifter, crossmember, shift rod, etc). Was mainly speaking about interior wiring(shift lock release, backup lights, neutral safety, etc). Thanks!
Fast Track Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 08:45 PM   #18
CamaroSS45
Annihilator

Drives: 2012 45th ERL-427 F1X
Same situation here - are u using a full manual or did u go with a controller? ALSO - how are you handling VSS morin the PCM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ERL M3 Superdeck 427 Forged, Dragon Slayer Crank, Black Label Heads : ProCharger F1X Cog - Holley HighRam : Jakes4L80e CircleD - DSS 9" 1400 axles/shaft, BMR Suspension : Extreme Innovations 15 : Squash, Bosch 127lb FI : ALKY Twin Meth
CamaroSS45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 06:59 AM   #19
pancherj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I used the USA Shift from Jake's (it's a Baumann controller). There is a VSS output wire from the controller. It goes to pin 71 on the computer. Pretty easy actually. My last remaining hurdles are figuring out why the reverse lights stay on constantly (I think the microswitch on the shifter needs adjusted), hooking up a neutral safety switch (I think I will tie it into the brake pedal switch) and drilling a hole in the pan to mount a TR6060 temp sensor so all my gages work.
pancherj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 01:22 PM   #20
CamaroSS45
Annihilator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancherj View Post
I used the USA Shift from Jake's (it's a Baumann controller). There is a VSS output wire from the controller. It goes to pin 71 on the computer. Pretty easy actually. My last remaining hurdles are figuring out why the reverse lights stay on constantly (I think the microswitch on the shifter needs adjusted), hooking up a neutral safety switch (I think I will tie it into the brake pedal switch) and drilling a hole in the pan to mount a TR6060 temp sensor so all my gages work.
Thank you very much. Did you connect the controller or Jakes. The reason I was is originally we wanted to go full manual and belief with that controller u can do it Buth ways. Also - how much was that one from Jakes or other and can you use it to program all shift points to make it full auto - and in that case what about reverse.

I BIG TIME appreciate the assist. As far as the reverse lights I know I need to get that square because it's one of the things you could get pulled over for and would stink.

My thanks
Chris
ERL M3 Superdeck 427 Forged, Dragon Slayer Crank, Black Label Heads : ProCharger F1X Cog - Holley HighRam : Jakes4L80e CircleD - DSS 9" 1400 axles/shaft, BMR Suspension : Extreme Innovations 15 : Squash, Bosch 127lb FI : ALKY Twin Meth
Old 06-19-2015, 06:53 PM   #21
pancherj

I wired up the controller. I haven't messed with it too much yet, but I do believe it has a manual setting. It also can be wired for a tap shifter. The shift points and pressures are all fully adjustable.

I believe the controller was right around $400.
Old 06-27-2015, 05:18 PM   #22
pancherj

Spent some more time working on mine today. I fixed my reverse light issue (it was the arm on the microswitch on the side of the B&M shifter). I dropped the pan and checked the LOKAR dipstick...it was WAY off. The handle can be removed and the stick trimmed to suit. Finished that. Put the interior back together. Ran a line for a trans overflow tank. Now I just need the tank and the car needs a good cleaning!!
Old 06-28-2015, 09:05 PM   #23
ttshovel

Drives: 12 camaro ss, 72 chevelle, 91camaro
I finally got my speedometer to work after driving with the swap complete for several months. All I did was unhook the output wire from the tcu box so the ecu wasn't getting a signal from anywhere and it switched over to the abs sensors by the time I pulled out of the driveway. So you actually don't need to wire anything into pin 71 of the ecm.

The last 3 things on the list, wiring the transbrake and manual mode, nss, and the reverse lights!
12 camaro ss 427lsx, th400, f310 heads, crower shaft mounts, gpi specd solid roller, shearerfab 2k hp a/w, twin bullseye 88mm turbos, hughes pro ssx bolt together converter, holley dominator, 8.50 cert, backhalf, Ford 9", 33x17x16 tires, c16 fuel
ttshovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 10:43 PM   #24
CamaroSS45
Annihilator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttshovel View Post
I finally got my speedometer to work after driving with the swap complete for several months. All I did was unhook the output wire from the tcu box so the ecu wasn't getting a signal from anywhere and it switched over to the abs sensors by the time I pulled out of the driveway. So you actually don't need to wire anything into pin 71 of the ecm.

The last 3 things on the list, wiring the transbrake and manual mode, nss, and the reverse lights!
I was VERY VERY close on doing this and was working other options of this when I let it go. Here is the interesting deal...... For MONTHS.... MONTHS..... mine was getting it from the ABS as it was - was configured properly and working. Then out of the blue stopped. It took a little time to toggle over - but worked great. HOW ABOUT YOUR CRUISE CONTROL??? It was odd that mine would not work with Cruise but did have the source.

I will be on this tomorrow but do appreciate the sharing VERY MUCH!.... Any updates are awesome.... Thx -
Old 06-28-2015, 10:59 PM   #25
CamaroSS45
Annihilator

Jakes (Jakes Manual Box vs Electronic Box)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancherj View Post

Guys - when I first did this build I planned on full manual only....... That is Jakes box. He includes nothing for VSS. Many of you did go with the Jakes controller but as many with the US Shift or other configurable box Jakes and many sell.

Do these install the same way other than have a VSS to fix that problem I've had for a year (Yea Jakes did not include one on his box). I kinda figured this some time ago but with some health issues all has slowed down.....

Could you guys educate me a small bit here..... Can I configure this to be full auto based on RPM? ---- fulll manual as it is now ----- and anything else I need to know like reverse "how it is different".

Guys - thanks a lot for the continued support here.
Old 06-28-2015, 11:04 PM   #26
ttshovel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS45 View Post
I was VERY VERY close on doing this and was working other options of this when I let it go. Here is the interesting deal...... For MONTHS.... MONTHS..... mine was getting it from the ABS as it was - was configured properly and working. Then out of the blue stopped. It took a little time to toggle over - but worked great. HOW ABOUT YOUR CRUISE CONTROL??? It was odd that mine would not work with Cruise but did have the source.

I will be on this tomorrow but do appreciate the sharing VERY MUCH!.... Any updates are awesome.... Thx -
Not a problem.. I will add it to the tail end of the diet coke thread so anyone doing the swap will not have to cut into the wiring as I did.

And I have yet to give it a shot. I will be sure to tEST the cruise the next time I have it out. It will be a few days though. I also need to get pictures of the connectors for the reverse light and nss. It seems like no one really posts them up after they get them working.

If you need any more info lmk
12 camaro ss 427lsx, th400, f310 heads, crower shaft mounts, gpi specd solid roller, shearerfab 2k hp a/w, twin bullseye 88mm turbos, hughes pro ssx bolt together converter, holley dominator, 8.50 cert, backhalf, Ford 9", 33x17x16 tires, c16 fuel
Old 06-28-2015, 11:16 PM   #27
CamaroSS45
Annihilator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttshovel View Post
Not a problem.. I will add it to the tail end of the diet coke thread so anyone doing the swap will not have to cut into the wiring as I did.

And I have yet to give it a shot. I will be sure to tEST the cruise the next time I have it out. It will be a few days though. I also need to get pictures of the connectors for the reverse light and nss. It seems like no one really posts them up after they get them working.

If you need any more info lmk
I hate to be a pest but come with a lot of gratitude. I mean that. Now

1 = how did you handle it, did you snip it or pull it from the harness?
2 = I must have missed the reverse light fix. On that one I was planning on a momentary and some parallel wiring - pain - but did not know how. What did ow do here.
3 = And NSS it's been a while (health) what did we have on that one?

Thanks VERY VERY MUCH!!!!!
Chris
Old 06-29-2015, 12:21 AM   #28
ttshovel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS45 View Post
I hate to be a pest but come with a lot of gratitude. I mean that. Now

1 = how did you handle it, did you snip it or pull it from the harness?
2 = I must have missed the reverse light fix. On that one I was planning on a momentary and some parallel wiring - pain - but did not know how. What did ow do here.
3 = And NSS it's been a while (health) what did we have on that one?

Thanks VERY VERY MUCH!!!!!
Chris
1= I will be snipping them, much easier than finding a connector for it. Soldering it of course!

2&3= don't over think it. I used a b&m quicksilver shifter. It has 2 microswitches on the side, one for the reverse lights and one for the nss. For the reverse lights one side is power and the other goes to the lights. For the nss simply cut the connector and run one wire to each side of that microswitch

And you're far from being a pest, that's why we're on the forums, to share knowledge and experiences!