Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-13-2012, 04:10 PM   #169
blakechase

Drives: White 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via AIM to blakechase
Quote:
Originally Posted by TastyBake View Post
I'm looking at doing it for portions of my bumper.

Maybe lower half like tu tone?
i just was in a bit of a fritz, i know ppl weren't trying to be disrespectful. I've attached a picture of a car i did just the portion of a front bumper (alternative to leather bra) plz excuse the fuzziness of the pics, need a better camera

Old 12-13-2012, 04:19 PM   #170
blakechase

Drives: White 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via AIM to blakechase
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcam2ss View Post
Car looks great, maybe as i keep spraying the car ill get better at making it more smooth!
yes, the more coats, the smoother it gets, also, the original surface is a big part of what your finish will come out like, thats why the pre-alchohol bath is very important to give you a nice clean surface.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:25 PM   #171
Abstrak

Drives: 2012 AGM Camaro LS / Team LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TastyBake View Post
I understand its a culture thing. But you an PNYSLYR did educate me.

When done professionally, it looks more flat black. That BMW looked pretty good. More importantly, color choice makes a difference. The white looks kinda cool but the light blue and purple makes me want to walk away from them to save my eyes. The dark blue is bad but not so much.

But the OPs doesn't look like these. Each his/her own.

After reading these, the idea of having a pseudo indestructible car is kinda cool. Just have to be the right color and car.
Color choice is a big deal. I'm not fond of the purple just wanted to show the color options. But you can also pearlize , metalize and give gloss finish to the dip as well. Its not all just a flat look and even with a gloss finish its still durable and 100% removable at any time. There are guys that live by this stuff and have the mix ratios down to a science. And I agree it has to be applied right and in the right color but everyone has their own opinions on color choices.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:29 PM   #172
blackcam2ss

Drives: 2013 ZL1 #659
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaCamaroKid View Post
Might have to eventually do this to my car eventually, Bugs in Texas are stupid.... My front bumper gets destroyed in the spring and summer... + the bird crap, as long as this really doesnt damage the paint I dont see anything wrong with it, prevents you from having to repaint the entire car once it starts to look crappy haha, + I like the look
It works great for bugs and other bs
blackcam2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:21 PM   #173
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Hot

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:54 PM   #174
CrudeJewelSS
Build,Race,Break,Repeat

Drives: 2010 Red Jewel Camaro 2SS 6M
cant be easy to remove that from between the emblems and stuff, also i would of left the carbon fiber part of hood exposed, looks wicked
CrudeJewelSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:15 PM   #175
ctucc

Drives: lt2 rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 Spoked View Post
So what's the point of having a painted car when you don't show it? Most people agree it looks cheap and useless, on a GT-R or ZL1, if you do it to your v6 nobody would care. So feel free.
i dont post here often but i do read daily, I'm terribly sick of people adding unnecessary negative comments. if you dont like someones project dont say anything. the plastidip ZL1 looks awesome

if you purchased your ZL1 because you wanted people to see you had the most expensive camaro you're nothing more than a tool. the only reason to own a zl1 is if you are an enthusiast, with disposable income that didnt just want, but needed to own the most badass camaro ever built.

as for "if you do it 2 your v6 nobody would care"..please dude you really are not special. bone stock v6 is still one of the most visually appealing cars on the road

to the owner of the plasti dip zl1, sweet car.. to the tool who is better than us v6 owners, enjoy cool air way on top of your high horse
thanks
ctucc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:36 PM   #176
My Caroline

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LS
I'm still just confused as to why A) every bit of the car needed to be covered for the race? I can give the benefit here. I don't see the need, but I admittedly don't race.
And B) if the owner did it in his garage, as a temporary fix for racing, why are the pictures taken at 813 customs and posted to their Facebook page, advertised as custom work? It all just seems a little... Fishy. According to their Facebook, this cost the owner $500. So why talk about saving money and doing it for $100 in your garage in preparation for a race? And you can't say 813 stole the pictures because they are taken with 813 clearly in the back.

Just saying what I see because I'm honestly confused.
Non-RS to RS and fog light harness by Gen5DIY
LED Interior, Trunk, and Licence Plate lights in white
ZL1 Spoiler with Gen5DIY harness
Factory NPP cat back
Blacked out tail light bezels
Factory 20 inch wheels wrapped in Nitto Motivos
Lowered 1.25inch on Eibach Pro springs
My Caroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:30 AM   #177
rpepka

Drives: 2013 ZL1 # 2195
rpepka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:19 AM   #178
Rcfiddy1
Sold car...

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS #37115
Reminds of of the days when a guy in a parking lot would bondo up your fender and spray it flat black for $50. Not a fan..
ECS Novi 1500 Supercharged, LS3 conversion, Small blower cam, Alky Meth injection, 3:45 rear, BMR Suspension parts, 1LE Sways, Billy Boat ZL1 dual mode exhaust.
Rcfiddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:04 AM   #179
blackcam2ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Caroline View Post
I'm still just confused as to why A) every bit of the car needed to be covered for the race? I can give the benefit here. I don't see the need, but I admittedly don't race.
And B) if the owner did it in his garage, as a temporary fix for racing, why are the pictures taken at 813 customs and posted to their Facebook page, advertised as custom work? It all just seems a little... Fishy. According to their Facebook, this cost the owner $500. So why talk about saving money and doing it for $100 in your garage in preparation for a race? And you can't say 813 stole the pictures because they are taken with 813 clearly in the back.

Just saying what I see because I'm honestly confused.
Clearly you never been on a road course with other cars with sticky tires.. thats the benefit of having something to protect the car. As far as 813customs posting on their facebook, i had talk about them about this product and after i dipped my car i brought them the car for them to see and they decided they want to start offering this to their customers. Hope i helps clear up the fish smell you scented
Old 12-14-2012, 11:22 AM   #180
concrete jungle
Hitman

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
I've used vinyl wrap and plastic dip.
I had some vinyl wrap take the paint off a car. I've never had Plastic dip do that, it comes off fairly easy if its painted on thick enough.

Kudo's to you to dare to be different. Some people are like sheep and can't think outside the box or are scared of what the other sheep might think.

Build your dream one day at a time . . . I did . . .
https://www.facebook.com/tonyrowe1966

*Caution ~ side effects may include soiled underwear if trajectory isn't kept straight...
concrete jungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:11 PM   #181
blackcam2ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jungle View Post
I've used vinyl wrap and plastic dip.
I had some vinyl wrap take the paint off a car. I've never had Plastic dip do that, it comes off fairly easy if its painted on thick enough.

Kudo's to you to dare to be different. Some people are like sheep and can't think outside the box or are scared of what the other sheep might think.
Thank you sir!
Old 12-14-2012, 12:47 PM   #182
colin911

Drives: 1985 Camaro Z28
Not
colin911 is offline   Reply With Quote