Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-22-2018, 12:26 PM   #15
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Not blown but 500/500 to the rears area and I get about 14 on 92 Mostly 90% city and can get 25 on the highway. I wont go e-85 don't want it, and I use special oil I would not want to "water" down so much with excess fuel just being a daily driver always thought corns good for a dragster or a bus and that's pretty much what its used for around here anyway.

That and trying to get a tiny bit better EPA ratings that can never really be realized ...long ugly story of its use in gas with its beginning; and damage to the environment changing land to grow switch grass if lucky; or Corn mostly that never was in production before mainly causing 50 yrs of CO2 pollution to start with...something someone like say Jerry Brown would never admit or any Greenie eco warrior.

They have studied it recently and found its BS to put it in gas and await someday its reduction or loss if common sense eventually prevails. But hey I wont hold my breath. And I am a daily driver. But hey its not that bad with corn I heard its more like 30% worse mileage your getting 6.78 MPG is FI no doubt and driving but hey at least its cheaper at 2.51 per gallon according to your pics...anyway yup your average 1/2 of mine built stroker mild cam..... Hp is not everything...LOL torque is ; but being blown helps I am sure get to the grocery store faster and ethanol burn clean at least....sort of. And with your mileage I would not be a daily driver that's for sure, it would be like my paying 5$ a gallon to gain the HP more you have over my build.

Last edited by christianchevell; 09-22-2018 at 12:38 PM.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 08:37 PM   #16
Taylortoons

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Dude sometimes your posts make me tired. LOL! Agreed I wouldn’t do e85 with your setup either. Don’t see the point with a NA car. Some folks do and good for them if it’s what they want.

Agreed hp is one thing but torque is another. At 680 lb-ft she pulls pretty hard I guess. If this motor lets go then I’ll probably shoot for the 900 club. Wander what the MPGs will look like then...
Old 09-22-2018, 10:02 PM   #17
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
Not blown but 500/500 to the rears area and I get about 14 on 92 Mostly 90% city and can get 25 on the highway. I wont go e-85 don't want it, and I use special oil I would not want to "water" down so much with excess fuel just being a daily driver always thought corns good for a dragster or a bus and that's pretty much what its used for around here anyway.

That and trying to get a tiny bit better EPA ratings that can never really be realized ...long ugly story of its use in gas with its beginning; and damage to the environment changing land to grow switch grass if lucky; or Corn mostly that never was in production before mainly causing 50 yrs of CO2 pollution to start with...something someone like say Jerry Brown would never admit or any Greenie eco warrior.

They have studied it recently and found its BS to put it in gas and await someday its reduction or loss if common sense eventually prevails. But hey I wont hold my breath. And I am a daily driver. But hey its not that bad with corn I heard its more like 30% worse mileage your getting 6.78 MPG is FI no doubt and driving but hey at least its cheaper at 2.51 per gallon according to your pics...anyway yup your average 1/2 of mine built stroker mild cam..... Hp is not everything...LOL torque is ; but being blown helps I am sure get to the grocery store faster and ethanol burn clean at least....sort of. And with your mileage I would not be a daily driver that's for sure, it would be like my paying 5$ a gallon to gain the HP more you have over my build.
In the 1920s most engineers preferred ethanol over lead as an anti-knock agent for high compression engines. They knew then that lead was poison. Only because DuPont owned 1/3 of GM and a bunch of lead mines was lead selected.

Ethyl: The 1920s conflict over leaded gasoline |
Quote:
The Ethyl conflict involves several stages of historical competition between two “Ethyls”:
Considering engine performance only, there is little difference between the two additives. Three grams of TEL (tetra ethyl lead) has about the same effect on anti-knock as adding a pint and a half of ethanol to a gallon of gasoline (15-20%), all other things being equal.
Old 09-23-2018, 09:31 AM   #18
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Never thought the lead was that bad kind of like Napalm in the Morning kind of best part of waking up ...LOL Thing is though some ethanol is good like way less than the 10% crappola now forced on us by EPA with old 1970's restrictive EPA reg's for mileage and protecting Cats etc...…….which did go over board eventually to get more and more ethanol in fuel, which we don't need so much; heck even a comparative pollution analysis showed the amount of ethanol now required turned so much soil to grow the corn and switch grass releasing 50 years worth of CO2 pollution and is a big stupid government fed pig that's not really doing its job....and should be redone to more reasonable IMO Energy Policy and well I hope eventually Trump may hit this area but I think it could not happen until a second term due too of course; adverse reactions to reducing corn in gas.....and the effects....pork etc...…..lobbying.....greenies hysterical ignoring of some real science....etc stuff to overcome.
SPEAKING OF STUFF TO OVERCOME THATS TAKING TOO MUCH TIME...………..

Kind of like say Brett Kavanaugh having to overcome a Accusation that's 36 years old supposedly occurring as a teen; which occurred in a unknown place and date because its not remembered but by golly; it came out in Couples Therapy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!for a Lady named FORD ;( in Cal the most liberal state to Guess who; A FORD...…. A liberal teacher who supports Dems ,and just happens to give herself a polygraph supposedly for the ? F of it to what practice? or try to prove to herself she's not lying?…….), Making me Wonder DID SHE HAVE TO GET SOME REGRESSION HYPNOSIS LIKE A ALIEN ABDUCTION SURIVOR ? …...AS HEY THEY PEDAL HER LIKE SHE IS A SURVIVOR OF A HORRIBLE GROPING SHE HAS TO LIMP THROUGH LIFE OVERCOMING TO BECOME A LOWLY DOCTOR OF PSYCHOLOGY.. And we all have to give her ME 2 Movement Goddess status when she most likely could be full of SHHHHHHHHh……. she who could intern in Hawaii but cant fly to D.C. ……. I mean Friggin Fords......

With her Very liberal Lawyer, and Very liberal Advice she receives from her own personal Advice consultant from the DNC...…….can finally after weeks to prepare; ( further other than the month and 1/2 as Diane Einstein sat on it), and over thirty years to recollect it in therapy...…….give testimony to a letter's accusations ( Democrats Diane Einstein sat on then would not release all of), to the Washington Post COINCIDENTALLY JUST PRIOR TO THE VOTE TO CONFIRM......my arse . COINCIDENTALLY also the FORD's name get s leaked to the press...……...MY ARSE also.... Its just totally COINCIDENCE ALSO BRETT KAVANUGHS MOM A JUDGE EVICTED FORDS PARENTS FROM THEIR FORECLOSED HOUSE, ( BACK HOME ON THE EAST COAST SHE HAD TO ESCAPE FROM AND APPARENTLY COULD NOT HELP SEND MONEY TO THEM TO HELP THEM OUT ).

Why now in preparation?..PRACTICE LIE DETECTOR......preparation for a scheme to delay and possibly stall and kill the support ;(and swearing in of a Supreme court Nominee), that the LEFT is violently opposed too and begging for anyone to stop him just as they openly Hate the president....

And its more about Row versus Wade supposedly but really its about power.....And the Shameless Scramble to climb any Broken Back to the Top to hold down the commoner to use for your reelection ; and cycle of permanent empowerment over the people . And Resist with People unworthy of leading others for the Base; and who deliberately commit traitorous acts to spite the other party ;while pretentiously presenting to be more for the positions of those who are a minority while doing nothing ever for them and instead just degrading them and exploiting them. I mean god I am not born yesterday, this crap is so deep its worse than any cheap novel all the crap that's really going on you can find out on FOX or by just being aware.
And then there's the DEEP FRIGGIN STATE Drama that's taking forever to unfold because Sessions will not produce any Episode and has to removed as the Director after years of Laborious damn Social Political Correctness...…

God bless America, this old Vet knows wrong from right, I know what a Fuggin BBQ is like... even if it is delayed from Monday to Thursday to just attempt to push back Long enough the Vote to get a Supreme court justice confirmed before November elections. due to business before congress being that scheduled and the whole thing is like Days of our lives raping Walking dead to make a Bastard stepchild show: " Land of the Day of the Walking Dead that are pissed at Trump being shot by the Forgotten men and Women of America " Who will win, will they eat their brains, WTF....?????????? ROFL drama drama drama OMFG more Drama Drama Drama just want a break....but NO Drama..... more Drama...

Just want to enjoy a little more in my Check.... be Moral Be Happy, Don't Worry...… LOL More like don't worry be happy...…. and YUP I am as usual...WAITING AGAIN FOR A FORD TO BREAK DOWN...………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… .SSDD

AND AT LEAST THE DUPONTS HAD NICE COLLECTION OF CLASSIC CARS RICHY RICH SUCKAS....LOL AND LOS ANGELES IS STILL A PERMANENT FOG BANK IMO....LOL SUMMER , WINTER , OR ARMAGEDDON BLEND. AND YES A MAPLE DONUT IS BETTER WITH BACON EVERYTHING IS...…...

Last edited by christianchevell; 09-23-2018 at 10:36 AM.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 08:54 PM   #19
joshnmn
2&THEHIT

Drives: 5th Gen Camaro; 5th Gen Ram 3500
O
M
G
joshnmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 12:01 AM   #20
Adriangarza40

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS/LS3