Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-09-2018, 06:14 PM   #29
oslouie

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by samman11 View Post
$11?? Give them a $20 and tell them to keep the change. lol. Seriously though, did you have the proper SNOW tires on the vehicle? Really not the type of car to be driving in that weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
Careful, you're on the cusp of certain annihilation. There are people on here that swear these cars can conquer snow and ice better than a UNIMOG.
I've driven my SS the last 3 years in Minnesota snow with no weight in the back and on all-season General Gmax's. Got around just fine. The tires are going to determine if you're going to be sliding all over the road.
Old 11-09-2018, 06:20 PM   #30
KenKat

Drives: 2014 2LT RS Summit White
Extreme sadness for you and your baby
KenKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 10:44 PM   #31
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Man that sucks! Hope you get it fixed! Glad we don’t get too much of the white stuff down here.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 01:43 AM   #32
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Definitely a sad sight and glad you and nobody else we're injured. Hopefully you'll be able to get her fixed back up.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 08:34 AM   #33
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Keeping out of it, throttle down, letting off the pedal...counter steering, tapping brakes, many things I have done with hot rods over the years ...even doing a 180 in a 73 Chevelle ss 406, with our stabilitrac and traction control and etc it does give one too much the feel of invincibility...…. How did it happen and at what speed is more the question...
I try to keep it 25 and under on snow, totally avoid ice driving, and F the tail gaters…..if its too bad I don't take the Camaro out, and rain its always rainy here...I use Toyo Proxes 4+ throw a little more water than stock Pirellis and a lot longer wear rating. All season performance radial that's sticky like AAA rating. But too much rain and its hydroplane with wide tires and you can hydroplane as low as like 35-40 but usually above 55, all depends on road conditions...… Be safe , and let us know, looks like it headed for a culvert after the fence. Good Luck, we have all had over time our share of bad luck. Heck there been times I have had to turn around just leaving the house a 100 yards and turn around on ice turning off the T/C to burn through the ice …. With just a dusting of snow it most likely was ice that did you in; very cold road surface...…. Its better to have a couple inches , and I don't drive in over a foot....you have to have clearance for the low Camaro.... Up here in Oregon we get the idiots who drive way too fast after its not rained for a long time and all the oil on the road makes them wreck with their invincibility.....its best to wait a day in wet weather to clear off the oil...
Old 11-10-2018, 01:39 PM   #34
camaro2ss/rs

Drives: 2ss/rs
THE CAMARO IS A SPRING SUMMER AND FALL CAR... NOT A WINTER CAR... I RATHER WALK THEN DRIVE THIS CAR IN THE SNOW... THERE IS NO REASON NOT TO BUY A PIECE OF CRAP TO DRIVE IN THE WINTER IF YOU CAN AFFORD THIS CAR THERE IS NO REASON TO BUY SOME 1000 DOLLAR PIECE OF CRAP... I SE AND HEAR THIS ALL THE TIME GOOD LUCK ON GETTING YOUR CAR FIXED
camaro2ss/rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 06:57 PM   #35
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Some of those pics are eerily similar to the field that Buddy Holly’s, et al, plane went down. The day the music (Camaro) died? Glad you’re doing ok though. You can always git a nudder one!
Old 11-11-2018, 07:55 AM   #36
Cenafan85

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2ss/rs View Post
THE CAMARO IS A SPRING SUMMER AND FALL CAR... NOT A WINTER CAR... I RATHER WALK THEN DRIVE THIS CAR IN THE SNOW... THERE IS NO REASON NOT TO BUY A PIECE OF CRAP TO DRIVE IN THE WINTER IF YOU CAN AFFORD THIS CAR THERE IS NO REASON TO BUY SOME 1000 DOLLAR PIECE OF CRAP... I SE AND HEAR THIS ALL THE TIME GOOD LUCK ON GETTING YOUR CAR FIXED
This car can be a winter car with the right set of winter tires.
Old 11-11-2018, 10:22 AM   #37
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2ss/rs View Post
One reason not too buy a junker is the cost. Insurance plus maintenance will cost hundreds if not thousands a year. I had a 4 year old Impala I bought new, then used it as a winter car when I bought my new SS. New tires, battery, heater core and then the trans went out all within 2 years. Sorry, I'll drive my Camaro all year now. Plus there's not spot of rust on my almost 10 year old camaro.
Old 11-11-2018, 01:55 PM   #38
Gordo-D

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS
I hate to see pics like that, however you are ok and you can't put a price on that.
Gordo-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 02:36 PM   #39
KansasSS

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS Non RS L99 Auto
I see you have Shawnee County tags. Must be up by Topeka fellow Kansan. Hate to see this but I'm glad your okay down here in Wichita we just got a dusting of snow Thursday.
KansasSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 03:20 PM   #40
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
sorry that happened to you OP
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 03:34 PM   #41
fly2hip8

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
Thank you all. I was two days away from putting my snow tires on. The previous weekend I looked and was not suppose to get snow so I thought I would have been fine.
fly2hip8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 06:41 PM   #42
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Camaro vs snow 0-1

Sorry man but you should be taking an off-road vehicle? That car was NEVER made for snow. And you living up in snow territory shouldn’t you have a beater to take?

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote