The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Old 12-18-2013, 12:21 PM   #1
jrock

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Built and Bayed

Ordered on 10/24, dealer called me today to tell me it had been built and was currently bayed. I wasn't expecting the car until February. Wasn't even going to call them to ask the status until January because I didn't want to be impatient. I guess some people must have backed out of their orders. He told me production had ramped up. My car is Z51 with a painted roof, so the constraints didn't hold me back too much.
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:11 PM   #2
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Good news! Welcome to the Z51 club.

What colors & other options?
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:08 PM   #3
StingJay

Drives: 2007 Infiniti G35 S Coupe
Awesome! Glad to hear that! Mine has been "built and bayed" since last Thursday. No movement. Hopefully yours moves faster than mine has! Just hoping it can still ship when the plant shuts down!
StingJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:27 PM   #4
H2OStingray

Drives: 2014 Red/Red Z51 3LT
Congrats, I should hopefully be only a few weeks behind you sitting at 3400 right now.
H2OStingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 11:13 AM   #5
Emmdmd

Drives: 2015 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock View Post
Ordered on 10/24, dealer called me today to tell me it had been built and was currently bayed. I wasn't expecting the car until February. Wasn't even going to call them to ask the status until January because I didn't want to be impatient. I guess some people must have backed out of their orders. He told me production had ramped up. My car is Z51 with a painted roof, so the constraints didn't hold me back too much.
Cograts Jrock! I ordered a Z51 with CF roof the day after Thanksgiving. Was told I wouldn't have it until at least June 2014 due to the upgrades. Got the call last week GM accepted the order with a TPW of 1/27/14. I can only assume the constraints are lifting.....
Emmdmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 11:50 AM   #6
1stcorvette

Drives: None at present
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmdmd View Post
Cograts Jrock! I ordered a Z51 with CF roof the day after Thanksgiving. Was told I wouldn't have it until at least June 2014 due to the upgrades. Got the call last week GM accepted the order with a TPW of 1/27/14. I can only assume the constraints are lifting.....
Hey Emmdmd, I was at 3400 before the shut down and was just curious as to how you got a TPW? Did your dealer tell you that? I can't get an answer to that and it seems quite a few lucky people are getting TPW's.

Either way, I'm hoping for a Jan. delivery.

Thanks, Steve
1stcorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 01:57 PM   #7
noname

Drives: 3LT Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stcorvette View Post
Hey Emmdmd, I was at 3400 before the shut down and was just curious as to how you got a TPW? Did your dealer tell you that?
No one would give me a TPW either. My dealer was useless and the Chevy Track your order support was also useless.

I ended up buying the Museum Album https://store.corvettemuseum.com/ser...photoalbum.asp
They take pictures of your car while it is being built and then make an album of it and send it to you.

Obviously, if they have to take pictures of your particular vehicle, you can bet that they're going to keep close tabs of its order status and the exact date it's going to come off the line. They gave me the TPW, but better than that they gave me the specific day! Then a day later, they sent me pics of the car.
noname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 02:31 PM   #8
1stcorvette

Drives: None at present
Obviously, if they have to take pictures of your particular vehicle, you can bet that they're going to keep close tabs of its order status and the exact date it's going to come off the line. They gave me the TPW, but better than that they gave me the specific day! Then a day later, they sent me pics of the car.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Noname, that's a good idea, unfortunately the purchase of the car itself has me strapped to the limits so an additional $700 is out of the question.
1stcorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 08:06 AM   #9
Emmdmd

Drives: 2015 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stcorvette View Post
Hey Emmdmd, I was at 3400 before the shut down and was just curious as to how you got a TPW? Did your dealer tell you that? I can't get an answer to that and it seems quite a few lucky people are getting TPW's.

Either way, I'm hoping for a Jan. delivery.

Thanks, Steve

Yes, my dealer gave me the date. They post a status page that they seem to update daily. It's been extremely helpful in calming my impatience!
Emmdmd is offline   Reply With Quote