Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 12-06-2013, 01:01 PM   #57
Col. Brain

Drives: 2012 Ram 1980 Malibu
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
The Z/28 price has yet to be announced. BTW, by reading some posts on the Honda forum, you can easily tell the average age is 16.7 years and the average IQ barely rivals that of a pogo stick.

I understand that but looking at the laundry list of what you get on the Z/28 and "rumors" of it being a 60-65k car - to me it is a hell of a bargain.

I also understand about the 16 year olds. I came from the import crowd mainly VWs and DSMs but even those crowds have turned me off from them. Hell i even tried helping a few people out with something i had the same exact issue with and they proceed to throw stones. Bought a chevy and never looked back
Col. Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:31 PM   #58
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
After reading this, "Why does anyone care about nurburgring results? All it is is a display of raw HP and not much else. One could probably take the dyno numbers and sort by greatest to least and that would pretty much be your finishing order on that track."

I ask myself, dude do you know what a dyno is used for?

oh well its Honda-Tech = Oxymoron (seemingly self-contradictory effect)
Old 12-06-2013, 02:39 PM   #59
JambaJuiced

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE AGM
The better posts are "I would rather spend an extra 50 grand and get this..." or "I would just buy this..."

Then I say go do it!!!...

A Majority of these dweebs drive Hondas...15k-25K cars (brand new) that they might put an intake and exhaust on and believe the hype that it adds 50hp since it is loud...

I bet given the option to have the Z28 or their Honda, almost all would choose wisely...
JambaJuiced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:03 PM   #60
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Wow that pissed off former member on the Mustang site is a real tool.

Does he even realize that most dedicated road course cars start out as a body in white or a wrecked street car not a $60,000 top of the food chain halo vehicle?

That man needs to take his lithium and calm down
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:44 PM   #61
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Affordable depends on how much money you have ... even a free car isn't affordable if you don't have the cash to pay for gas & insurance....
....a prolific premise no doubt DG...well said.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:49 PM   #62
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Attached Images

Old 12-07-2013, 02:01 PM   #63
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
No hate here. Respect. But also a bit of disappointment. I think the next gen Camaro will make a much better Z/28 platform. It will have to be at least 300-400 pounds lighter if the new Mustang's weight estimates from Ford are true. Maybe the next time GM will make it more affordable too.
I don't think the Z28 has to worry about the 400 lbs difference. It still has more power and will be quick, and will beat it at an auto-x event as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Brain View Post
i think at 65k it is plenty affordable
hell it has $8k brake setup on it.
Exactly. You are getting one heck of car for that price. Car is set up to auto-x and kick ass in that department.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:03 PM   #64
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tones2SS View Post
I don't think the Z28 has to worry about the 400 lbs difference. It still has more power and will be quick, and will beat it at an auto-x event as well.
There's that, and the fact that the estimates are that the new Mustang could be about 100 lbs heavier -rather than 300 lbs lighter as previously rumoured. That would put the GT in the low to mid 3700 lb range, or roughly 100 less than the Z/28.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:04 PM   #65
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
..as long as the Bears beat Dallas tonight I'm happy with the world and the Ford/Chevy love hate thing is irrevelent....just sayin'.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:06 PM   #66
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
..as long as the Bears beat Dallas tonight I'm happy with the world and the Ford/Chevy love hate thing is irrevelent....just sayin'.

They are playin' great!
Old 12-20-2013, 01:06 PM   #67
theitalianflip

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1le Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
--of course there will be "hate" --

Let me share something with you......

...it was written by Advertising Executive Theodore McManus early in the 20th Century -- as an ad for Cadillac in the Saturday Evening Post.....

I have a copy of it hanging in my office - because the words have great meaning.........

Enjoy and ignore the haters -- knowing that we just unleashed a BEAST...

The Penalty of Leadership

"In every field of human endeavor, he that is first must perpetually live in the white light of publicity. Whether the leadership be vested in a man or in a manufactured product, emulation and envy are ever at work.

In art, in literature, in music, in industry, the reward and the punishment are always the same. The reward is widespread recognition; the punishment, fierce denial and detraction.

When a man’s work becomes a standard for the whole world, it also becomes a target for the shafts of the envious few. If his work be mediocre, he will be left severely alone - if he achieves a masterpiece, it will set a million tongues a-wagging.

Jealousy does not protrude its forked tongue at the artist who produces a commonplace painting. Whatsoever you write, or paint, or play, or sing, or build, no one will strive to surpass or to slander you unless your work be stamped with the seal of genius.

Long, long after a great work or a good work has been done, those who are disappointed or envious, continue to cry out that it cannot be done.

Spiteful little voices in the domain of art were raised against our own Whistler, long after the big world had acclaimed him its greatest artistic genius.

Multitudes flocked to Bayreuth to worship at the musical shrine of Wagner, while the little group of those whom he had dethroned and displaced argued angrily that he was no musician at all.

The little world continued to protest that Fulton could never build a steamboat, while the big world flocked to the river banks to see his boat steam by.

The leader is assailed because he is a leader, and the effort to equal him is merely added proof of that leadership. Failing to equal or to excel, the follower seeks to depreciate and to destroy - but only confirms once more the superiority of that which he strives to supplant.

There is nothing new in this.

It is as old as the world and as old as human passions - envy, fear, greed, ambition, and the desire to surpass.

And it all avails nothing.

If the leader truly leads, he remains - the leader. Master-poet, master-painter, master-workman, each in his turn is assailed, and each holds his laurels through the ages.

That which is good or great makes itself known, no matter how loud the clamor of denial.

That which deserves to live - lives."
Only if I could fit all this on my license plate

2014 2SS 1LE summit white
theitalianflip is offline   Reply With Quote