Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 05-16-2014, 04:42 PM   #1
Muscle Car Memories

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS,6 Speed,NPP Exhaust
Has anyone watched Fox Business News in the past hour?

I was watching Fox Business News in the past hour and they were talking about all the GM recalls and they said the recalls MAY being down GM as a whole and it may force another company such as Ford or even Toyota to step in and FORCE a takeover of GM which includes Chevrolet!

They said the GM name was already tainted because of the bailout and now with all the recalls that GM could fold and not be able to stand on its own any longer!....

Im not trying to start any BS just relaying what I watched on Fox Business News.

Jesus Christ...who in the hell would take over GM and if something like that happened it pray it wouldnt be Toyota...I would have to puke
Muscle Car Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 04:48 PM   #2
Jims Mongoose
Jim

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
MY 2 cents

I've heard all the recall stuff, but not that yet.

It seems people the media in particular want to kill GM, toyota has had a good share of recalls and some pretty dangerous ones. No where near the hoop laa on those.

Gm made alot of money last year and i doubt that it will be killed by this.

Much of the recalls are not significant safety issues on the Newer Models. Its more older models and a debate as to whether GM Did not come forward fast enough.

Long Live the Camaro
and not a Toyota Camaro, Oh my God
Jim
Old 05-16-2014, 04:57 PM   #3
Muscle Car Memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims Mongoose View Post
I've heard all the recall stuff, but not that yet.

It seems people the media in particular want to kill GM, toyota has had a good share of recalls and some pretty dangerous ones. No where near the hoop laa on those.

Gm made alot of money last year and i doubt that it will be killed by this.

Much of the recalls are not significant safety issues on the Newer Models. Its more older models and a debate as to whether GM Did not come forward fast enough.

Long Live the Camaro
and not a Toyota Camaro, Oh my God
Jim
I would absolutely croak if GM was taken over by Toyota. The only "new" Chevy with any recall issues is the 2014 pickups but the recalls are mostly on the older Chevy's and Toyota is the recall KING of all of them...
Old 05-16-2014, 05:28 PM   #4
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
I disregard anything fox news says . Btw I believe this forum has more members than fox business has viewers.

From my Note3
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 05:45 PM   #5
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Without seeing the segment, I can't really comment but ...

The idea makes no sense what so ever. Odds are some talking head (or their writer) is misinterpreting the words of some other analyst, either out of ignorance of the subject matter or through intentional misdirection. The former is probably the case if it's a 'news' show, the latter if was an 'opinion' show. Either way, I wouldn't give it much credibility.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 05:47 PM   #6
Muscle Car Memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Without seeing the segment, I can't really comment but ...

The idea makes no sense what so ever. Odds are some talking head (or their writer) is misinterpreting the words of some other analyst, either out of ignorance of the subject matter or through intentional misdirection. The former is probably the case if it's a 'news' show, the latter if was an 'opinion' show. Either way, I wouldn't give it much credibility.
I personally think its the newscaster and who he has on there to interviews opinion...I will have to see it happen to beleive it...
Old 05-16-2014, 05:47 PM   #7
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Ridiculous
Old 05-16-2014, 05:47 PM   #8
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Deep breath, people!
Old 05-16-2014, 06:27 PM   #9
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
People have been wanting to bash GM for a lonngggggggg time. Chrysler was always the "underdog". Ford, well Ford is a family business. GM? Well that's a giant corporation. It's been that way as long as I can remember.

Realistically, this will be very damaging. But the indicator is the stock. It hasn't plummeted of really dropped for that matter.

And the take over? Oh that would be China.

But as long as GM is paying it's bills and making a profit no one can force anything. GM is no longer owned by the US or Canadian governments. So the free market will determine what happens.

Keep in mind people, and I've seen the data, there are a LOT of people in this country that don't know Chevrolet makes cars. They see Chevrolet as a truck maker and no more. So until the Silverado/Tahoe/Suburban are hit by this there will be little impact. And as far as I can tell from the sales numbers, C7 is selling. No rebates. Camaro now 5 years old only has a few thousand on the hood.

This is sensationalistic journalism.

Did I say China?
Old 05-16-2014, 06:31 PM   #10
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
I've not heard of a takeover, but instead recalls may now include older(non-14) vettes for electrical/lamp concerns.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:32 PM   #11
tw78911sc

Drives: 14 1SS Camaro 1LE, NPP, Recaros
issue isn't the recalls, it is the corporate coverup and lying to the government, it cost Toyota $1 Billion, they expect this to be worse, then your new CEO steps in and claims stupidity, not a easy sell. I hear them saying they may need to spin off Buick (China loves that brand) and roll Chevy/GMC trucks into one
tw78911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:44 PM   #12
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
I saw various segments yesterday and today on various news channels, and all they were saying is that for this first quarter, there was no profit. From what I've seen, GM will survive this fine, and is trying to now be proactive now with any new recalls.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:16 PM   #13
Muscle Car Memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw78911sc View Post
issue isn't the recalls, it is the corporate coverup and lying to the government, it cost Toyota $1 Billion, they expect this to be worse, then your new CEO steps in and claims stupidity, not a easy sell. I hear them saying they may need to spin off Buick (China loves that brand) and roll Chevy/GMC trucks into one
Your right GM should get rid of Buick and roll GMC and Chevy into one, they are basically the same anyways. So then it would be Chevrolet which can hold its own with anyone and Cadillac which could be a bit shaky...

It would be absolutely terrible if China somehow stepped in and ended up with GM. I would rather see Ford buy them and keep Chevrolet and Cadillac intact and just a division of Ford which could possibly happen.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:21 PM   #14
87GNX

Drives: Alot
the way this country is going/headed we might see gm go to a private owner, china is buying up TONS of realestate all over the u.s, so this could be a big opportunity for some.
87GNX is offline   Reply With Quote