Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 03:53 PM   #1
z28man2

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Coupe IOM
Thumbs down Oracle Lighting Ghosted Side Markers

I purchased oracle ghosted iom lights through southwest speed. The order got to me quick. I opened the box to find a fisheye & particles in the paint. After kissing the rear end of oracle specifically jonathan barber (the national sales manager) they finally sent me out another set that were suppose to be inspected for issues before they left. Same issues but not as bad. I could send them back for a refund, but i do like like the lights, i guess i have to accept the fact that this is the best quality they can supply. Maybe if walmart sold these types of lights their quality would be better?

I did send pics into jonathan and he stated that no one will be looking at the product with a magnifying glass.

For a national sales manager to speak to customers this way; is unacceptable. You sir, with that attitude, will put oracle eventually out of business, and in this case hopefully sooner than later!

All this being said i wanted to share my experience so either you buy from someone else, or if your crazy enough to buy oracle products be prepared to get attitude & crap quality.
Attached Images

2013 Camaro ZL-1 #3553, IOM, Roto-Fab Intake, Vmax Ported TB, Apex Catch Can
Old 08-08-2014, 05:35 PM   #2
No Excuses
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
For $250 sidemarkers I would expect flawless work. I have mine through AAC and they are perfect.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:54 PM   #3
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Excuses View Post
For $250 sidemarkers I would expect flawless work. I have mine through AAC and they are perfect.
AAC=Oracle
Old 08-09-2014, 08:32 PM   #4
No Excuses
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I know I was just saying mine were perfect from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
AAC=Oracle
Old 08-10-2014, 12:48 PM   #5
LS1hawk

Drives: 11 SGM 2SS/RS
Do a search and you'll find exactly the same types of issues over and over but people continue to buy them and accept the poor paint quality.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:47 PM   #6
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Oracle Lighting Ghosted Side Markers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1hawk View Post
Do a search and you'll find exactly the same types of issues over and over but people continue to buy them and accept the poor paint quality.

Bro I was just think the same thing. And it's reasons like these why these companies continue to carry on with such foolishness . Because they know most people will except mediocre work. (Generally speaking)

Plus the part with the no one will be looking at it closely remark... Dude f$ck you. Give me back my refund . Hope about that ?!That's how you speak to a paying customer keeping your business alive.

Last edited by ActNup NY; 08-10-2014 at 04:49 PM. Reason: more
Old 08-10-2014, 06:13 PM   #7
BDH

Drives: 2012 1LT-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActNup NY View Post
Bro I was just think the same thing. And it's reasons like these why these companies continue to carry on with such foolishness . Because they know most people will except mediocre work. (Generally speaking)

Plus the part with the no one will be looking at it closely remark... Dude f$ck you. Give me back my refund . Hope about that ?!That's how you speak to a paying customer keeping your business alive.

Yeah, their customer service is more miss than hit. I was lucky to work with one of the owners I think, but some of those other support folks are horrible from what I read. And a customer should not have to get good customer service depending on the roll of the dice!! That's rediculous. I went with showstopper and never looked back.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:25 AM   #8
Support@OracleLights.com

Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28man2 View Post
Jonathan's arrogant attitude approves them because the paint quality sucks. Find a differ brand fellas. Do your research first and you will see how oracle treats you!
Here are the two pictures you sent showing that you were not satisfied with the paint:

Here are a few of many emails that were sent to you asking you to send them back to us for a FULL REFUND because you were not satisfied with one of the side markers:

On Friday, August 8, 2014, Jonathan Barber <jonathan@aacstyle.com> wrote:
We have used numerous painters in the past and the company that we are using now is by far the best that we have used since we started offering the side markers in 2010.

I am sorry you are not satisfied with the quality of work and like I said, I will pass your input along to him when he comes back to drop off other parts. I have not had any complaints of poor quality from this company we are using until now.

Please send them back to us, we will issue SWS a full refund so they can refund you. I feel the best thing we can do here is have you purchase clear side markers and paint them yourself to ensure they are up to your standards.

This is the only option I have. Please mail them back to us and we will issue a credit.

Thank you!

Fri 8/8/2014 2:55 PM
Again, I apologize that these do not meet your standards. If you would like, I am more than happy to issue a refund to Southwest Speed so they can credit you for them once you send them back to us. At this rate I think it may be best if you sent them back for credit and purchased the clear side markers to paint them yourself so there will be no blemishes in the paint.

Please let me know your thoughts and we will be happy to assist you.

-Jonathan Barber

Fri 8/8/2014 5:04 PM
Please send them back to us and we will refund Southwest Speed in full so they can credit you. Unfortunately I do not have any other options to give you.

Thank you,

Unfortunately I cannot offer partial credit on a paint because we have to pay the painter regardless.

Fri 8/8/2014 5:36 PM
The only option I have is for you to send them back and we will issue a credit to SWS so they can credit you. If you want to purchase the clear markers you are welcome to do so and paint them yourself so you can ensure there are up to your standards.

Thank you,

A few of your replies:

Fri 8/8/2014 5:08 PM
I have them on the car now, a partial credit should be sent back to make me happy since there not up to par. I like them but not worth what I paid. Work something out that will end this.

Fri 8/8/2014 5:41 PM
Maybe you should not pay the painter for the lousy work. There are always ways to make things work it justs depends on if you want to make it work. If not it's okay as this will cost you more in the long run as people will know what your company is all about.

Fri 8/8/2014 6:22 PM
[I]Your right nothing will make me happy it's such a small blemish, Whatever, Your smerk remarks about using a magnifying glass and using my camera phone zoomed in really irritate me. For being a national sales manager your statements are insulting and unprofessional. I will make sure that your comments are posted in evey social media account I'm on.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:25 AM   #9
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
kinda sounds like they offered to refund you your money....
Old 08-11-2014, 09:40 AM   #10
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
HAHAHA....the burger was okay, but I only ate half so can you give me half my money back please?
Old 08-11-2014, 09:43 AM   #11
bhillakaiceberg

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS & 2017 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
kinda sounds like they offered to refund you your money....

2017 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS Auto
9.29 @144.57mph ALL MOTOR SBE

#TEAMGPI Gwatney Performance Innovation

Old 08-11-2014, 01:03 PM   #12
z28man2

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Coupe IOM
Yep he did offer to refund me, at my expense. Now what jonathan didn't post was his smart a*s comments.

People aren't going to use a magnifying glass to inspect these when there on your car, & just because your phone camera zoom picked a defect up doesn't mean we or other people can see it.

Its all good, I will leave his crap product on the car & advertise the great service & quality.

Its amazing what he posted to get everyone on board to say he offered me a refund. He also didn't mention that I had to kiss his rear to get a return label for over three days for the first set of junk lights. This went on for over 58 emails back & forth.

All im saying is if your in the market for these I DONT recommend Oracle or Jonathan. Period!
2013 Camaro ZL-1 #3553, IOM, Roto-Fab Intake, Vmax Ported TB, Apex Catch Can
Old 08-11-2014, 01:23 PM   #13
mycamaro2011

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Victory Red
I would be contacting Southwest Speed and asking why they shipped the turn signals like that or did they ship directly from AAC?

Just Return them and buy Showstopper or make your own.

i just made mine with 40 led up front and 50 led in the back...
Old 08-11-2014, 01:33 PM   #14
Support@OracleLights.com

Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28man2 View Post
Yep he did offer to refund me, at my expense. Now what jonathan didn't post was his smart a*s comments.

People aren't going to use a magnifying glass to inspect these when there on your car, & just because your phone camera zoom picked a defect up doesn't mean we or other people can see it.

Its all good, I will leave his crap product on the car & advertise the great service & quality.

Its amazing what he posted to get everyone on board to say he offered me a refund. He also didn't mention that I had to kiss his rear to get a return label for over three days for the first set of junk lights. This went on for over 58 emails back & forth.

All im saying is if your in the market for these I DONT recommend Oracle or Jonathan. Period!
Below is the email that I sent to you so everyone can see:

Fri 8/8/2014 6:11 PM
Again, I apologize that these are not up to your standards but they were inspected by four people including myself before they left and no one saw any reason that they should not ship out. I feel like I have done more than my fair share to have other staff members inspect these before they left and no one saw the issue you pointed out. I also gave you the option to send them back to us for a full refund so you can paint them yourself to ensure they are up to your standards.

If the company we use is willing to issue us a credit for the paint I will be happy to pass this along to you but I cannot see them doing so due to one small blemish you pointed out when zooming into the marker with your camera.

I am very interested to see how many people point out the one small blemish in that one side marker that you sent a picture to me of.

I am starting to believe that no matter what I tell you was done to ensure your happiness nothing will be good enough unless money is refunded to you. A company cannot operate in the red and I have given you every option I have; even offering a full refund so you can paint them yourself. If you do not want to take this offer that is up to you.

Enjoy your weekend!

Regarding the return label; this is the email that was the last sent.

Tue 8/5/2014 10:18 AM
It looks like it was emailed directly to Southwest Speed because that is the email address that is saved on your UPS account from when we originally shipped them to you.

Ivan or Christa, can you please check to see if you have the label for Jamie?

Thank you,

The return label was emailed when I said it would be but it did not come directly to you; it went to the vendor the order was placed with.

Your email back:

Tue 8/5/2014 10:22 AM
Jonathan got the label I will get out ASAP when can I expect the new ones?

My response back:

Tue 8/5/2014 3:45 PM
As soon as we have movement on the markers that are being shipped to us we will send out the replacements. Please let us know when you drop off the side markers so we can check the tracking.

Thanks again,

Jonathan I dropped the package off this morning so you should some movement I can even tak a picture of the receipt if you would like. I'm trying to get these for a car show this weekend
Thx
Jamie

They have the lights packed up and they will be leaving today via UPS: 1Z3914RR....

Thank you,

The three days you are referring to were Friday (when I was out of the office), Saturday, and Sunday of which two of those days we are not open for business. The return label was sent to you when we were back in the office the following week.

Thanks!

Closed Thread