Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-02-2016, 07:33 PM   #85
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)
Also not sure why everyone is mad at Mr. Stacy?

He's not happy with his car or whatever is happening. Not sure how that affects any of us who are happy with our cars?
NC_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 07:42 PM   #86
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by grahak2 View Post
I think they are spending too much on advertising. When I am watching tv I see the same truck commercial or malibu commercial every 5 minutes. Even if they don't pay any extra for all the air time it is overkill. Dodge is doing the same thing with the chargers and challengers. I mean I haven't ever seen a Camaro commercial and they still sell. At least 5th gens did.

Kevin
Then there is the fact their ads are really lame. They seem content on focusing on as good as an Audi, or lets let the kids choose because it has 4g. The whole flavor of their advertising right now on all their cars puts me off,.and that guy is just annoying. Not a mustang fan, but I like this ad.
Attached Images

Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 08:53 PM   #87
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post
IDK. Seen one in the wild yesterday. Not sure I care for the appearance updates...
+1. Holding out hopes for the ZL1!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:44 PM   #88
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post
Even JD Powers lists Chevrolet as #17 on power-train dependability. #20 on Mechanical Quality and #21 for Power-Train Quality.

I am happy my Chevy has been great so far.
JDPower is the only auto ranking site you should look at.....alot of useful feedback comes back from consumers to the manufacturers.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 01:55 AM   #89
DaveA

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS vert
I've been saying it for years. I will never buy Chevrolet again. I love my 2013 2SS vert but the way GM handled (or didn't handle, as it turns out) all the top issues that plagued the 2011 and 2012s - it just completely turned me off. I'm a big believer in supporting strong customer service and the fact is, GM doesn't have it. Thankfully the tops seem to be much better on the 2013+. I had one minor issue with weather stripping; thankfully my local and competent dealer resolved it quickly for me.

As for what my next car will be, well, my 2013 only has 21k on it. I just made it into my DD and even with that factored in, I expect to get at least several more years out of it. I'm notorious for driving my cars until they are dead or limping to the grave. I have several years to mull that over.
DaveA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 01:56 AM   #90
sspolo

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE
The fanboyism on some is crazy. I wonder if they look back at their comments and realize how silly they are.
In what world do people, in their right mind, are happy with a shorter length warranty?

"All others do it, so GM should too!", "Only.001% use it anyways", "it used to be 1,000 miles or 1 month back in the 20's so we should be thankful that it is the way it is now" seriously. I don't get it.

I also don't get how some are thinking that the drop in sales has to do with the catch can warranty denial.
sspolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 03:35 AM   #91
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
I agree with Mr. Stacy in that I care a lot more about reliability than warranty. A good long warranty is a good thing as a worst case scenario but my favorite warranty is the one I never have to use because the car was so trouble free it never broke down. I am putting so few miles on my Camaro that I really only have a 3/36 bumper to bumper and a 5 year forget the mileage powertrain. Would make zero difference to me if it was 5 year 60k powertrain as I will never hit that mileage.
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 03:38 AM   #92
scandata

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS vert, Spring Green Edtn
If you're going to gauge a sales drop or increase, the only real indicator is same month of previous years I'm sure there's a huge increase during the year-end clearance months against late-summer months. So, (including adjusting for inflation) how did May 2016 do against May of 2014 and '15? That's your REAL increase or decrease.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/scandata/sigpic_zpsxmxmbipg.jpg
scandata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 04:53 AM   #93
grahak2

Drives: 2021 scatpack challenger 6spd cinna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal ZL1 View Post
Then there is the fact their ads are really lame. They seem content on focusing on as good as an Audi, or lets let the kids choose because it has 4g. The whole flavor of their advertising right now on all their cars puts me off,.and that guy is just annoying. Not a mustang fan, but I like this ad.
Yah, agree with you, and that is a cool Mustang ad.

Kevin
grahak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 05:30 AM   #94
Gerry S

Drives: 15 Chevy RS 2SS 6-Speed manual
I couldn't care less. I still will not buy a Honda or Toyota. GM blood running through my veins.
Gerry S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 08:46 AM   #95
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
There will always be issues and complaints with ANY car manufacturer. Did all the people on this forum, who are complaining about GM, forget that it was GM that made our much loved Camaros??? Good and bad with any company. Sure, if you have issues, by all means fight for your rights. But don't think that the grass is any greener on the other side.
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 09:20 AM   #96
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerTM View Post
I am not going to rely on a human designed system when all that is required is opening the hood and pulling a thin piece of metal out to verify the level.
Its too bad they didn't put one of those thin pieces of metal in for the transmission or I would gladly pull that one out once in a while too.
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 10:03 AM   #97
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68rssscamaro View Post
My comment was not specific to GM
I know it was not, and I did not want my comment to come across as snarky, but that is one hell of a big job she has, and she has done a pretty good job of turning the ship around. I am not sure how many others could have done it so well. And yes, she could not have done it without everyone's help, but like it or not, the further up the chain you go, the harder it is to find a suitable replacement.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 10:05 AM   #98
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
Its too bad they didn't put one of those thin pieces of metal in for the transmission or I would gladly pull that one out once in a while too.
Don't get me started on that bs. I do not care what the EPA makes GM state the life of the transmission oil is. 100K is FAR too many miles for any transmission fluid to have to survive. I rebuild automatics quite often due to fluid failure. And why would you not want to check the level???? Sealed units can still leak without a sign in the driveway.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote