Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 02-22-2009, 09:01 AM   #43
2sharp

Drives: 2010 GT500
Jesus.....Just give us the LS7 too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That thing is badass!
2sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:16 AM   #44
highmileage
low maintenance

Drives: Classified
For those of you who followed my Utterli interviews with Fbodfather, I wanted to let you know that our videos got a little love from Autoblog... and Camaro5 got a great plug in, too!

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/02/21/2...with-steelies/

Main feed with more Scott: http://utterli.com/highmileage

I wish I'd gotten to meet you C5ers. I hope the Houston-based crew will be game for a photoshoot soon!
highmileage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 02:55 PM   #45
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS

Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:47 PM   #46
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggydoo View Post
i saw a some of those people in those pictures, didn't know they were camaro5 people.

Did anyone of you talk to the older rep that kept telling people it had a LS2? LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantman View Post
Whose the babe in the background on the Red Jewel Tint Camaro??
+1 ... yeah ... and the ones sitting in one...are they Camaro5 members we would like to meet?

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
RT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:56 PM   #47
ezlock83

Drives: 2LT SIM/RS
Ok i just got back from Dallas Auto show. I have to say the outside of the camaro looks lots better in person. not that it didn't look good in pictures but its just that much better in person. I will say i was dissapointed in the interior of the ls camaro. It was very very plain. The plastic inserts in the door and on the dash were very plain and cheep. I had a 1lt order and i plan to change it tomorrow to 2lt. Also without the 4 guages its just a big hole not very attractive either. But i will say that overall i was impressed. I do have news one of the guys told me when i was sitting in the car that it was a production car #8 off the production line. So that seems like good news that maybe they are rolling them off the production line and maybe march just will be full production. who knows.
ezlock83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:56 PM   #48
jtaack

Drives: 2010 V6 2LT Imperial Blue
I was there....it was awesome....The Camaro definitely had the most attraction on Saturday as well....It felt really good to sit in it.

jtaack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:23 PM   #49
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Im just surprised how much i loved the iom color. Its not beautiful its !#@$ing spectacular . Then on top of that put a good looking women in or around this car does it get any better then that i dont think so
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:21 PM   #50
TJTKSDMJ8
I COMMAND YOU TO HOOK 'EM

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro SS2/RS R6P
So I sit here in my hotel in Dallas, fresh from the autoshow. I will not gain any points here, but I have never been to an autoshow. From the moment I pulled up, I noticed people putting some FJ cruisers to the test. "Cool" I thought, I followed the advice of GoBlue and R1Ecko and went straight to the Camaro's. Was I let down? Had I built it up in my head? NOPE!!! It was soooo worth it! The Camaro's are amazing in real life! Pictures do little justice. The only one they let you sit in is a (I think) LT1. The seat feels like a freaking cockpit! It was awesome!! It was great hearing people talk and ever so slightly mention" I can't wait to get mine... excuse me? Oh I ordered mine, but it's an SS2/RS!!!! I was walking on clouds!!

One point, Scott, if you read this, the other rep that was there with you told me the SS/2 had the instrument cluster ONLY AS AN ADD ON! Umm.. Hello?

So worth the trip! (Not that you remember, but I brought up the forum with you over at the LT1 and you took me over to the SS/2 and I told you about the work on the garage with the banner I did!)
Old 02-22-2009, 09:49 PM   #51
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
i believe the one that you can sit in is the ls, which is total base model,below the 1lt and 2lt.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:47 AM   #52
R1Ecko

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Ok impressions from the show:
Ran straight to the camaros and they definitely had the biggest crowd, bigger than the Lambos and the Aston Martin DBS, which was the car I'd buy if no Camaros ever got produced again
Most people are right, the older rep (the one whose name was not Mike) was giving out wrong information left and right.
I saw a 16 girl with her parents saying "thats the car I'm getting for my birthday right? I don't want a challenger anymore!" What!? Who pouts about getting a 400+ hp car for their 17th birthday? Don't get me wrong, she's making the right choice but GEEZ! A camaro for a 17 yr old girl?
Side gills in front of back wheels look nice but for some reason looks a lot deeper and more defined in pics. Is there ANY way to improve the look of these if not the functionality?
My girlfriend now wants a Lexus ISF

And I'm glad the 1SS gets some upgrades to the interior and I have to call my salesman to add gauges. I thought I'd like the cubby hole but after comparing the silver SS to the LS I'm sold on gauges.
Hope EVERYONE enjoyed the show! I'll see ya on the streets!
Old 02-23-2009, 03:25 PM   #53
camarogirltx

Drives: 2010 Camaro
First of all, I've been an avid camaro5 girl for well over a year but this is my first post.

Loved! the show and had no idea I was going to be able to actually sit in one...although, I did bring enough cash to bribe whoever I needed to make that happen. I was really impressed with how comfortable it was and although the inside of mine will be different because of the gauges, I am so happy to have experienced it in person....driving the same car for 8 years because the release date kept getting pushed back, worth it.

I think I saw a few other camaro5 people at the show, I was the one who bout peed my pants when I saw I could sit in one. Thanks DFWSS for posting the pics of me and my friend!

Making it official this week.
camarogirltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:49 PM   #54
Mosher

Drives: 1LT Cruze Summit White
Also to add, I went Saturday, I got to talk to Mike some and he was knowledgable, and just a pleasure to talk too!

My ohh my was it nice to finally sit in one as well!
Mosher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:00 PM   #55
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
I've got tons of pics, and a few vids.

I'll start with the vids:

Getting inside the "base" Camaro (not as good as the Hi-Def one posted earlier by my friend marticus24, but still shows off the interior as looking pretty dang good. Notice I captured the shift button on the steering wheel at the very end):

And, a quick walk-around of the LS7 concept (as others have said, I couldn't walk away from it- the vid is nothing special, but if you haven't seen it in person yet, this gives you an idea of what you are missing):
Old 02-24-2009, 12:00 AM   #56
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
and some LS7 pics (thanks to my friend Paul who helped me get some closer pics! ):