Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SDTW Custom Wheels & Tires
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-09-2012, 09:43 PM   #15
2ss2012

Drives: 2012 2ss ahen grey
i drive mine in texas with no front plate and no issues
2ss2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:20 PM   #16
samhardy2008

Drives: 2012 3.6 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ss2012 View Post
i drive mine in texas with no front plate and no issues
i got pulled over a few different times for it before but like i said im not really worried bout it just wanted a few ideas on fixing the holes....but looks like plugs and touch up paint for this guy
samhardy2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:51 PM   #17
SugeKnight

Drives: 2012 1LT BLACK ON BLACK
I was thinking about taking it off of my bumper..your meaning to tell me that all the dealers screw 4 freaking holes in a NEW CAMARO?!?!? WTGF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2012, 12:34 AM   #18
5cents
Dave

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS - Black/CGM Stripes
I live in Wisconsin, a two-plate state, but my dealer asked me if I wanted the front plate holder installed before I took delivery. I said "np", so my plate holder sits in my trunk now, just in case.

The "plugs" look ok, and they are by far the cheapest route to go.
Attached Images

5cents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:22 AM   #19
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Even though I'm in a two plate state, my dealership doesn't put plates on any of the Camaros. Thankfully!
Old 05-10-2012, 08:50 AM   #20
LoneStar

Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugeKnight View Post
I was thinking about taking it off of my bumper..your meaning to tell me that all the dealers screw 4 freaking holes in a NEW CAMARO?!?!? WTGF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Some use all four, others only use two... Having a front plate isn't a problem for most people. But it's an eye sore for the rest of us.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:07 AM   #21
jmart53

Drives: 2012 Cruze LTZ RS
Panel retainers from any auto parts store... paint to get a match and shove them in the holes...
Name:  4.jpg
Views: 779
Size:  104.6 KB
Old 05-10-2012, 11:11 AM   #22
NewDivide
NewDivide

Drives: SW '13 1SS/RS & '12 Honda CRV
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6 View Post
I went to I think it was lowes or home depot and got little plastic plugs, and use touch up paint to make them match my car
I just did this same thing. 5/16" plugs. Drill holes out to 5/16". Painted and cleared them w/ matching paint. They came out awesome.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:21 AM   #23
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
I told my dealer to leave it off, and they did. I'm in a two-plate state and have had no problems running a single. If I get pinched, it'll go on the windshield. I'm not drilling holes in the front bumper, period.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:44 PM   #24
plan-b
No Compromise

Drives: '04 996 C4S, '11 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB22 View Post
I bought the plastic plugs at Lowes and a container of touch up paint from the dealer and did mine.

so glad I did it, looks sooooooo much better than with the plate.

Cost was about 25 bucks versus 100 or so for the bumper plugs.
The BumperPlugs cost $25. I have a pair on my Porsche. They're primed, painted and clear coated by professional painters. They even use some kind of plasticizer so the paint is flexible and reduce the possibility of cracking later down the line.
plan-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #25
LoneStar

Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by plan-b View Post
The BumperPlugs cost $25. I have a pair on my Porsche. They're primed, painted and clear coated by professional painters. They even use some kind of plasticizer so the paint is flexible and reduce the possibility of cracking later down the line.
That's $25 per pair. So $50 for the Camaro. But if they last, then I'd say they're worth it!

I recently repainted mine, after about a year. The paint was starting to chip around the edges.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:27 PM   #26
tomlink

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via AIM to tomlink Send a message via MSN to tomlink Send a message via Yahoo to tomlink Send a message via Skype™ to tomlink
I told my dealer if I arrived to pick it up and there were holes in the bumper or a plate then he would keep the car. No front plates in NC.
tomlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:35 PM   #27
nhbouncer

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Summit White IOM rally
It's amazing how many people it really bothers to have the front plate on their car. I agree 100% it looks better with out it but I live in a state (NH) where two plates are required and there is a cash fine to go with getting stopped with out one. The biggest issue I have with it is that why give the LEO another reason to stop me if maybe I'm going a little fast or something else on the road. Its not the end of the world that's for sure.
nhbouncer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:43 PM   #28
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhbouncer View Post
It's amazing how many people it really bothers to have the front plate on their car. I agree 100% it looks better with out it but I live in a state (NH) where two plates are required and there is a cash fine to go with getting stopped with out one. The biggest issue I have with it is that why give the LEO another reason to stop me if maybe I'm going a little fast or something else on the road. Its not the end of the world that's for sure.
100% agree. I got pulled over in my Infiniti a couple years ago for making a left hand turn with no turn signal. When the officer came to the window he said "The reason I stopped you is for making a left hand turn in front of me with no signal, I was going to let it go until I noticed you don't have a front plate." Gave me a "fix it" ticket, had to put the plate on, waste my time finding an officer to sign off my ticket and pay $25 to the People Republic of Komifornia. I now have a front plate on all my vehicles. Just saves a hassle in the long run granted its an eye sore.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote