Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-08-2011, 09:34 PM   #1
BIG L/2SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Camaro Comeback

I was moving some old boxes when i found this. Road and track, March 2006 issue: Camaro Comeback. Then I was hoping they would put the car into production. Now we all have our camaros, so is there anyone else that was highly anticpating the release of the camaro. Also a huge fan of the concept thinks it looks incredible.

\
Old 06-08-2011, 09:38 PM   #2
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
haha i remember that. i still dont have one lol, but i remember seeing that and pretty much flippin' $hit over it. it looked so freaking good!!
Supercamaro64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:02 PM   #3
FastEddie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 IOM LS3 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG L/2SS View Post
I was moving some old boxes when i found this. Road and track, March 2006 issue: Camaro Comeback. Then I was hoping they would put the car into production. Now we all have our camaros, so is there anyone else that was highly anticpating the release of the camaro. Also a huge fan of the concept thinks it looks incredible.

\
This picture sir is a Dorian Gray like snapshot of the tipping point to my decline. This very issue marked the beginning of my unraveling. My license had been revoked for almost 5 years at the time, and I would speak about driving one in hushed tones. At first she was my little hope, my secret. Then the movie came out and my idiot friends said they'd do vulgar things to her. I bit my tongue as they drooled their unworthy drool. I had to run away with her one day. She would be mine and I would be HERS. She is now here with me, and she remains pristine while sadly, I become more and more depraved. Donning tattered clothes I tend to her. I have become her disheveled slave. Her red eye blinking- WATCHING me... What's that dear?...
FastEddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:26 AM   #4
woodj

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastEddie View Post
This picture sir is a Dorian Gray like snapshot of the tipping point to my decline. This very issue marked the beginning of my unraveling. My license had been revoked for almost 5 years at the time, and I would speak about driving one in hushed tones. At first she was my little hope, my secret. Then the movie came out and my idiot friends said they'd do vulgar things to her. I bit my tongue as they drooled their unworthy drool. I had to run away with her one day. She would be mine and I would be HERS. She is now here with me, and she remains pristine while sadly, I become more and more depraved. Donning tattered clothes I tend to her. I have become her disheveled slave. Her red eye blinking- WATCHING me... What's that dear?...
What are you smoking in that avatar?
Old 06-09-2011, 10:17 AM   #5
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
I have a friend who has ranted from the first time he saw the new concept Camaro that he would have one, he was getting one, he'd be driving one blah blah blah. I thought they looked pretty cool but it wasn't til I test drove Trigger that it became a must have.
My friend was pretty scorched that I got a Camaro before he did.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:23 AM   #6
NYJets77

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Summit White
I always thought it interesting how the concept and the production cars were almost identical. Most concepts are way out there, design-wise.
NYJets77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:25 AM   #7
TOMS1SS

Drives: NA
This is ironic, I just found a bunch of emails between me and my brother in 2006 when the concept came out. Mr. German car said that he was going to get whatever high end model came out if they put the Camaro into production. Supposedly at the time I was looking at a Cobalt SS but I decided to wait after seeing the concept. 4 years later and it looks like a smart move.
TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:26 AM   #8
EMB135Driver
Jedi Master

Drives: Boeing 757/767+2010 IBM 2SS
Quote:
Less Alcohol and Recreational Pharmaceuticals should be a priority in your world my friend.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:43 AM   #9
JEP

Drives: 2010 SIM Camaro 2SS 6speed
Quote:
Good post, man.
Puff puff give... puff puff give!!!
JEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:47 AM   #10
Zach
66ford pickup

Drives: Still lookin for a camaro
from the moment of the first transformers movies was when i would do anything for that camaro....

1966 F100
352 V8
white/blue
Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:53 AM   #11
Hawgredcamaro

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 2LT Camaro
The first time I saw a concept, I thought it was horible. It didn't look exactly like the '69, I guess is what I was expecting. After I came to terms that it was a new car all its own and now an exact replica, it began to grow on me. Now I think it's the best looking car on the road. I was young and stuppid I guess.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Chr...14880961919019
Hawgredcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:48 AM   #12
TOMS1SS

Drives: NA
Quote:
Sure that's a Camaro with that evil red eye?
Attached Images

TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:27 PM   #13
FastEddie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 IOM LS3 2SS/RS Camaro
Love how the car they showed us (concept) is basically what they delivered. My dream car was made available "as dreamed about." FYI: That's a picture of Obama smoking a cig. in his 20's. I'm creative, and irreverent enough without the aid of "performance enhancement drugs". Just bored and couldnt sleep. Partial to Nitrous and Meth in cars though...
FastEddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:05 PM   #14
10forty2

Drives: 1992 Chevy K5 Blazer
From the first drawing I saw of the concept...I was hooked. Then, when Transformers came out and Bumblebee assumed the Gen 5 persona.....it was pure lust. I still don't have one, and am waiting for the ZL-1 to begin production before I decide which one to call my own. That is, unless a super steal of a deal comes my way on a sexy Black LS3 2SS/RS with Inferno Orange trimmed seats/interior. Yeah , that might be mine real quick.