Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 09-15-2013, 07:29 PM   #127
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
1968 Camaro

Jared,
I had some time to do editing on your Dad's 1968 Camaro. Let him know that from one 68 Camaro owner to another, I am proud of his heritage and his loyalty to his sons....

This is a small tribute to him, you, your sister and memory of your brother Chad....Hope this somehow brings a smile to your faces. Know that you and your family are in our prayers....

Sincerely,
Kurt ABL99...
Attached Images

Last edited by aquablueL99; 09-16-2013 at 06:33 PM.
aquablueL99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:27 AM   #128
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Jared,

Where are you?!?!?

You can run, but cannot hide........

Bump this thread to the top for a good reason...it deserves to be there!!!

Kurt ABL99
Old 09-21-2013, 09:30 AM   #129
Lycanine

Drives: 2011 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
Jared,
I had some time to do editing on your Dad's 1968 Camaro. Let him know that from one 68 Camaro owner to another, I am proud of his heritage and his loyalty to his sons....

This is a small tribute to him, you, your sister and memory of your brother Chad....Hope this somehow brings a smile to your faces. Know that you and your family are in our prayers....

Sincerely,
Kurt ABL99...
Quote:
Jared,

Where are you?!?!?

You can run, but cannot hide........

Bump this thread to the top for a good reason...it deserves to be there!!!

Kurt ABL99

Kurt you never cease to be an amazing friend! Thank you so much for the tribute, my Dad loved it I found some more pictures of the beast too so next time I'm near a scanner I'll throw them up here. I would die to have that car in my driveway now!
I started my new teaching job this week so it's been a lot of getting used to new routines but I'll hopefully have time next weekend to finish up my door panels and other little jobs for Mina.
Hope you're having a great weekend buddy and thank you again for taking the time to remember us
Old 10-28-2013, 07:47 PM   #130
Lycanine

Heartbreak city :(

Today, sitting in traffic, Mina got crunched by a reckless jeep wrangler. From her bumper being completed pushed in, the trunk bent, the quarter panels being slightly bent, and the metal being pushed in all around. She's a pitiful sight :(
Dad was almost as torn up about it as I was. So only after getting her bumpers fixed less than a year ago, I'm back in the same boat again. This time though, I'm going straight to my Chevy dealership and letting them fix it from start to finish.
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  156.6 KB
So, if anyone's had similar damage, let me know how it turned out for you.
Thanks in advance, and I hope Mina makes it back soon :/

Oh and if you're feeling extra generous, vote for Mina on the nationwide link: https://meetmybaby.nationwide.com/entry/3571/mina
Old 10-28-2013, 07:54 PM   #131
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanine View Post
Today, sitting in traffic, Mina got crunched by a reckless jeep wrangler. From her bumper being completed pushed in, the trunk bent, the quarter panels being slightly bent, and the metal being pushed in all around. She's a pitiful sight :(
Dad was almost as torn up about it as I was. So only after getting her bumpers fixed less than a year ago, I'm back in the same boat again. This time though, I'm going straight to my Chevy dealership and letting them fix it from start to finish.
So, if anyone's had similar damage, let me know how it turned out for you.
Thanks in advance, and I hope Mina makes it back soon :/

Oh and if you're feeling extra generous, vote for Mina on the nationwide link: https://meetmybaby.nationwide.com/entry/3571/mina

Sorry to hear this. I hope you get her all fixed up soon. Most importantly, you are ok.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:59 PM   #132
Lycanine

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
Sorry to hear this. I hope you get her all fixed up soon. Most importantly, you are ok.
Thanks man, I appreciate it. I'm a bit sore so unfortunately I'm not completely in the clear, but it all could have been much worse.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:38 PM   #133
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanine View Post
Thanks man, I appreciate it. I'm a bit sore so unfortunately I'm not completely in the clear, but it all could have been much worse.
Jared,
My heart is breaking for you and your Dad. I know how much you have worked to get Mina where she is today....I am so happy you decided to take her to your Chevy dealership for renewal....

BTW....voting is done from here....

Kurt ABL99...
Old 10-28-2013, 08:41 PM   #134
Lycanine

Quote:
Jared,
My heart is breaking for you and your Dad. I know how much you have worked to get Mina where she is today....I am so happy you decided to take her to your Chevy dealership for renewal....

BTW....voting is done from here....

Kurt ABL99...
Thanks Kurt. I guess it's just the risk I run when my car is a daily driver :/
I need to get a beater to drive lol! How are you doing these days sir?
Old 11-29-2013, 04:49 PM   #135
Lycanine

Playing around with my Dad's camera, I found some pics of Mina and my girlfriend's MINI. At least I got these pics before the wreck messed everything up.
Enjoy what I currently can't
Name:  IMG_1518.JPG
Views: 251
Size:  328.5 KB

Name:  IMG_1596.JPG
Views: 258
Size:  390.4 KB

Name:  IMG_1597.JPG
Views: 241
Size:  424.7 KB

Name:  IMG_1598.JPG
Views: 245
Size:  345.7 KB

Name:  IMG_1600.JPG
Views: 249
Size:  403.9 KB

Name:  IMG_1601.JPG
Views: 261
Size:  331.8 KB

Name:  IMG_1608.JPG
Views: 257
Size:  339.0 KB

Name:  IMG_1609.JPG
Views: 244
Size:  321.1 KB

Name:  IMG_1611.JPG
Views: 237
Size:  405.3 KB

Name:  IMG_1610.JPG
Views: 246
Size:  403.8 KB
Old 12-01-2013, 05:27 PM   #136
bluetooth-ss

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS A6 and 2018 2500
Hang in there man.How is it going with the repairs.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:22 PM   #137
Lycanine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetooth-ss View Post
Hang in there man.How is it going with the repairs.
Well I haven't been given an "appointment" yet by Jerry Hamm so I'm sitting in limbo waiting to go back in. I wrote the GM a big letter explaining my position and why I'm so reluctant to have them work on my car again. Had I known a Chevy dealership was going to give me the same shoddy work as the mass volume body shop Progressive sent my car to last time, I would have been much more anal about where I was taking her.
Just sucks that a car I've worked hard for and take a lot of pride in wasn't given a proper look-over before it left the shop. Not to mention the fact that I was talked to as if I knew nothing about my own car. I am the sole owner for almost three years since it was delivered from the factory. I think I would personally know when it's pulling to the right.
Sorry for the vent, I'm still heated about the way I was disrespected at Jerry Hamm Chevrolet.
Crossing my fingers Mina can make a beautiful comeback soon :(
Old 12-01-2013, 07:26 PM   #138
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
keep us posted.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:08 PM   #139
Lycanine

Hadn't heard from Jerry Hamm today, so I made an appearance myself. Delivered two letters by hand, one for the general manager and the other for the owner, and requested that they be given to them immediately. I asked for an e-mail but the receptionist only had the e-mail for the body shop. I asked for someone above the body shop manager and she said she didn't have one on file for the owner. I really hope my letters are read immediately and they take a chance on making things right for me.

If I don't hear from them by the end of this week, I will post my letter here for all to read along with photos of their work. I really don't want to take it that far, but if that's how it will get done, then that is the length I will go to.

Thanks Adam and Chris for checking in, I appreciate your concern!
Old 12-02-2013, 02:52 PM   #140
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Jared,
You hang in there. Your money and ride are as important as anyone else's. These "companies" have to stand up and take responsibility for their actions. It is no different than you or myself. If this case were reversed, and it was you and/or me that did a "shoddy" job for others, we would be made to "make it right"....
We must expect no less from them....so stick to your guns!!...

Respect...to respect others and their possessions, one MUST learn to respect themselves!---and Respect is earned not given!...

This is a lesson that should be taught at an early age....

Kurt ABL99...

Tags
custom paint, florida, imperial blue metallic, painted interior trim, southwest speed