Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-20-2011, 12:54 AM   #113
Ratt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2ss
This testing proves only one thing, COLD AIR INDUCTIONS W SCOOP is #1[/QUOTE] JoshBobGuptaMarley

I bought one and I'm satisfied with the results after I changed it a little. I'm not a mod Drone, I'm picky and expect a lot when I buy something.

If I'm going to sing praise or worship something it will be the Lord Jesus Christ and not some silly header company or an air intake.
Ratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:34 PM   #114
bannonm

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 VR
what coating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill @ CAI Inc View Post
In response to a few things here, you said "The outside of the box and the tube are not insulated this makes the air to the motor warmer than the OEM intake." The insualtion for the box is on the inside, the box itself acts as a heat shield and the insulation inside reduces the heat soak so the transfer of the heat it does absorb and lets through to the intake air is minimal.

The intake tube is insulated, in fact to my knowledge it is the only insulated intake tube on a cold air intake on the market. We insulate the intake tube inside and outside with a ceramic coating. This coating reduces the heat soak of the engine bay heat that is absorbed into the tube, again minimizing the amount of heat that gets transferred to the intake air.

Our insulating efforts result in our system keeping the intake air on avereage within 2 degrees of ambient air when your car is in motion. Our IAT testing and thermal imaging tests has proven this time and time again.

I hope this helps you have a little better understanding of our system and how we have engineered our system to keep the intake air as cool as possible. Let me know if you have any questions, thanks!
Hey Bill, I call Bull Sh*t. Unless you are using silver ceramic coating on the inside, I would say QA isn't doing their job. Here's the inside of my CAI Inc intake tube. It's only 3-1/2 months old so when did you start coating the inside?
Attached Images

bannonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:37 PM   #115
SGDM

Drives: 2016 2SS
Good stuff. Gonna drop by and see Andy next week.

Who Dares...Wins
SGDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 04:24 AM   #116
Ratt
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannonm View Post
Hey Bill, I call Bull Sh*t. Unless you are using silver ceramic coating on the inside, I would say QA isn't doing their job. Here's the inside of my CAI Inc intake tube. It's only 3-1/2 months old so when did you start coating the inside?
CRAP!!!

You know what that picture means don't you?

All that ceramic coating that was on the inside of the tube is now in your intake, valves, pistons and where ever else it sticks to.

I will check mine and see if its peeling off. I will ask the Halltech guy again if he will sell us just the tube.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:34 AM   #117
bannonm

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratt View Post
CRAP!!!

You know what that picture means don't you?

All that ceramic coating that was on the inside of the tube is now in your intake, valves, pistons and where ever else it sticks to.

I will check mine and see if its peeling off. I will ask the Halltech guy again if he will sell us just the tube.
LOL, yeah not so much. If CAI really does coat the inside of their tubes they missed the boat on mine.
bannonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:10 PM   #118
Katech
Account Suspended

Drives: C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halltech View Post
"The inverted tip filter is the best type of filter and none of them offer one."

I'm not sure what you mean by inverted filter? This is our cone filter, made exclusively for Halltech by K&N:

We also have a built in velocity stack to smooth airflow:

Katech has been very happy with the Halltech intake. I would recommend that to anybody looking for a high quality piece that functions well.
Katech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:13 PM   #119
Ratt
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannonm View Post
LOL, yeah not so much. If CAI really does coat the inside of their tubes they missed the boat on mine.
The inside of mine is coated.

Did yours look like that when it was new?

If you want to insulate the outside of the tube I can give you the name of the company who I got mine from. I didn't pay for mine so I cant tell you how much it will cost but it wont cost much.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:38 PM   #120
RocTrux

Drives: Summit White 2011 2SS/RS
Their both very good and have great numbers to back them up but If I had to choose one of those two I would probably go with the ADM. And actually I did just choose one I'm taking off the AFE cai I currently have and replacing it, after looking at all the ones out there it came down to my top 3 choices ADM, CAI, and Roto Fab... I went with Roto Fab mainly because of the many custom options you can get it in and since I'm not a Ricky racer and I don't care all that much about Dyno numbers I show my car mainly so it was a better choice for me. I went with:

Air Box Color:
Powdercoat - White
Intake Tube:
Polished S.S.
Hose Color:
Red
MAF Housing:
Black Composite
Filter Type:
Dry Filter
Old 12-02-2013, 09:25 PM   #121
Dots331

Drives: Black and red zl585 and Red SS
Is this shady?

http://autoagenda.com/2010-camaro-v8...-scoop-package

Has anyone ordered from here? Cause any email address I use apparently is already in use and has random people as the personal info. Not sure if I should order it cause of this to be honest.
Dots331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:58 PM   #122
Wolvie70

Drives: 2016 2SS, Summit White, A8, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dots331 View Post
http://autoagenda.com/2010-camaro-v8...-scoop-package

Has anyone ordered from here? Cause any email address I use apparently is already in use and has random people as the personal info. Not sure if I should order it cause of this to be honest.
If your worried there are many vendors on here selling this. Maybe want the washer relo also?
Wolvie70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:50 PM   #123
Dots331

Drives: Black and red zl585 and Red SS
Why would I need the washer relocater
Dots331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:10 PM   #124
Anythingfast954

Drives: Camaro ss rs/m6
Adm...race intake w/scoop!
Anythingfast954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:16 PM   #125
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dots331 View Post
Why would I need the washer relocater
If you choose the Race version your washer bottle is removed and the air scoop installed. The washer bottle totally blocks air input. So if you still want a washer bottle you will need to relocate it.

Purchase the street version of the ADM CAI and you don't need to remove the washer bottle. There is a hole in the top of the lid for the bottle cap.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:34 PM   #126
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
I have an ADM Race intake. I did swap the washer bottle for the RotoFab bottle. I like the looks better.