Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 06-18-2012, 08:31 PM   #15
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
They don't have road hazard warranty for the ZL1?
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:34 PM   #16
ZoomZoom
R6P Owner

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Got one too, put a patch plug in it, seems to be holding fine for now.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:38 PM   #17
EXTREME

Drives: 2007 Chrysler 300C SRT8
No sense in riding around in a car like the ZL1 with a patched tire... That just means you guys should burn them off and replace! ha
Old 06-18-2012, 08:41 PM   #18
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...almost every time I got a new set of tires, or a new car, I picked up a nail in one of them. I fully understand your frustration....
Old 06-18-2012, 08:41 PM   #19
ZoomZoom
R6P Owner

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTREME View Post
No sense in riding around in a car like the ZL1 with a patched tire... That just means you guys should burn them off and replace! ha
working on it!
Old 06-18-2012, 08:53 PM   #20
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
I had a major brain fart and couldn't get the launch control right in my ZL1. I watched the tutorials, read the manual, and still couldn't get it right because my ear told me get the "-" off the throttle because it sounded like it was backfiring and bouncing and I didn't wan't to hurt the engine. So much for old age and the lack of familiarity with new systems. Me, being an idiot and set in my past knowledge of archaic and antiquated technology had to take my car to the dealer to see what was wrong. What was wrong was me, the car worked fine <duh>, my service writer after doing three sets of WOT launches in the dealership parking lot said that was enough because he didn't want to use up my $600.00 tires. Is that for each, or for the pair...... BTW Superior Chevrolet has some pretty decent burnout marks in their lot.....
Old 06-18-2012, 08:53 PM   #21
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
They don't have road hazard warranty for the ZL1?
My dealer offered me a tire / wheel warranty on my Z for $500.00 for 5 years. With each tire being $500.00 and a rim is $1,000.00, it sounded like pretty cheap insurance to me.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:22 PM   #22
Envious
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Twin Turbo Synergy RS Coupe
Just an FYI patching a tire voids the tire warranty. It is not recommend to ever plug a tire, even if you patch it i wouldn't feel comfortable at high speed. Just my opinion
Envious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:36 PM   #23
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
I thought that new gm cars come with a tire warranty that's included in the owners manual package in the glove box from each tire manufacturer.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:41 PM   #24
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Never mind, I just found this:

http://http://www.chevrolet.com/owners/warranty/

What's covered:

Tire Coverage

The tires supplied with your vehicle are covered by General Motors against defects in material or workmanship under the Bumper-to-Bumper Limited Warranty coverage. Wear-out is not considered a defect, and it may occur before the vehicle warranty expires. In this case, the owner is responsible to purchase replacement tires or seek coverage solely from the tire manufacturer. For vehicles within the Bumper-to-Bumper Limited Warranty coverage, defective tires will be replaced on a prorated adjustment basis according to the following mileage-based schedule:
Mileage Replacement Percentage Covered by GM
0-12,000 100%
12,001-36,000 Sliding scale starting at 67% at 12,001, proportionately falling (1.96%/1,000 miles) to 20% at 36,000 miles
36,001-50,000 20% (Buick and Cadillac Only)
36,001+ 0% (Chevrolet and GMC Only)
50,001+ 0% (Buick and Cadillac Only)
When a tire is removed from service due to a covered warranty condition under a tire manufacturer's limited warranty program, you may be eligible for a tire replacement or a comparable new tire on a prorated basis. The tire manufacturer's limited warranty program, which can be obtained by calling or visiting the tire manufacturer's Web site or any authorized dealer, is in lieu of all other remedies or warranties, expressed or implied, arising by law or otherwise, including fitness for a particular purpose or merchantability. The tire manufacturers expressly disclaim liability for indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages, lost profit, loss of business, loss of goodwill, loss of reputation, punitive or any other damage, cost, or loss of any kind.*

What's Not Covered:

Tire and Wheel Damage or Wear
Normal tire wear or wear-out is not covered. Tire wear is influenced by many variables such as road conditions, driving styles, vehicle weight, and tire construction. Uniform tire wear is a normal condition and is not considered a defect. Road hazard damage such as punctures, cuts, snags, and breaks resulting from pothole impact, curb impact, or from other objects and tire wear due to misalignment beyond the maintenance period is not covered. Also, damage from improper inflation, overloading, spinning (as when stuck in mud or snow), tire chains, racing, improper mounting or dismounting, misuse, negligence, alteration, improper repair, accident, collision, fire, vandalism, or misapplication is not covered. Damage to wheels or tire sidewalls caused by automatic car washes or cleaning agents is not covered.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:04 PM   #25
DPerry

Drives: 2010 Black LT
believe it or not I've had 2 nails and 1 piece of metal in my tires in the last 10,000 miles but all 3 were repairable
Old 06-18-2012, 10:08 PM   #26
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

GM sells a tire and wheel roadside warranty insurance, it was GMAC but is now Ally Insurance.

http://dealer.gmacinsurance.com/deal...ire_wheel.aspx

Help your customers protect their vehicle from the unexpected expense of road hazards that can damage or destroy their tires and wheels with Tire & Wheel Protect, a superior road hazard plan. When damage is caused by road hazards such as potholes, nails, glass and other road debris, Tire & Wheel Protect will cover the repairs. Whenever, wherever your customers drive in the U.S. and Canada, they’ll have the secure feeling of knowing they have Tire & Wheel Protect riding with them.

Plan Features*
2-, 3-, 4-, or 5- year term
Coverage for the original, upgraded or replacement tires during the life of the contract
Coverage for the original or replacement wheels (in the event of a claim) during the life of the contract
Available on new and used vehicles
Approved for retail financing through GMAC
Covers curb damage
No limit on the number of tire and/or wheel claims

Toll-free program assistance and locator service
Over 30,000 participating network service centers
Customer Benefits

Tire & Wheel Protect offers three levels of coverage; Protect, Protect Plus and Protect Platinum. The level of coverage depends on the type and cost of the original equipment tires and wheels on the vehicle:
Protect Protect Plus Protect Platinum
Provides tire replacements up to: $200 $350 $600
Covers wheel repairs and
replacements up to: $400 $700 $1,200
Includes mounting, balancing,
valve stems and disposal fees: $20 $50 $75
Covers tire repairs up to: $30 $30 $30
Provides roadside assistance to
install your spare tire or tow your
vehicle (per incident): $60 $60 $60
Dealer Benefits
Enhances F&I income
Participating dealers automatically become part of the nationwide service network
Customers are referred back to your dealership for repairs which in turn increases service department revenue
Dealership is paid MSRP on claims
*See the Tire and Wheel Protect Agreement for information, limitations and exclusions.
Contact Us
Interested in selling Tire & Wheel Protect? Please contact your local GMAC Insurance account representative, or call us directly at 877-357-8477 (option #6) to start generating additional F&I income today! You may also email us at ally.dps@ally.com
Old 06-18-2012, 10:19 PM   #27
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
Same damn thing happened to me and I was so bummed. In warm/hot weather the PZeros are lile driving on a lint roller (sticky) and nails are the lint. Wish you could get a good all season performance radial as an option. AS tires are not as sticky so you sacrifice some perfromance but get less flats.

Sticky tires = more flat tires (and my SS doesn't come with a spare tire)

GM, this makes no freaking sense.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:30 PM   #28
Protomanx8

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS A6 ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious View Post
Just an FYI patching a tire voids the tire warranty. It is not recommend to ever plug a tire, even if you patch it i wouldn't feel comfortable at high speed. Just my opinion

eh I wouldnt worry about it, I do alot of hard pulls and push my car to the limits and ive had 4 nails in one tire. nothing ever happened and not once did i ever feel unsafe because of the patch.

also had my car dyno'd with 4 patches in one of the tires. it was all good.
Protomanx8 is offline   Reply With Quote