Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 11-04-2009, 01:48 AM   #1
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
San Antonio - Any shops do powder coating around here?

Just like the title says....

Anyone know of any performance shops that can do powder coating for our Brembos? I want my Brembos blue to match my wave blue metallic accents on the car. Thanks for any help!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:42 PM   #2
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
I know Steve's (Koolwip) friend with "Wheel Fix It" can do powdercoating, but I don't know if they can do the calipers as well as the rims...

...which reminds me, I need to call them back...
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 11:12 PM   #3
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

I got in touch with a guy from Lethal Performance. I think I'll let him do them if he can give me a good price.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:18 PM   #4
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Drives: 2007 Chevy Trailblazer
TAG, I can't wait until you are done with this thing! It sounds like you are doing a TON of SWEET sh!t to it!!

I LOVE GM vehicles, and particularly Chevy's, but would buy any GM vehicle if I had the $$...Hopefully, one day, soon enough, a 5th Gen CAMARO! Dave_O
Dave_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 11:22 PM   #5
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

I have a lot of stuff PLANNED. Getting it done is proving to be freaking TOUGH!!!

And I don't think I'll ever be ....."done."....LMAO!
Old 11-04-2009, 11:37 PM   #6
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I have a lot of stuff PLANNED. Getting it done is proving to be freaking TOUGH!!!

And I don't think I'll ever be ....."done."....LMAO!
LOL, I am SURE!!! BUT, I have faith in ya!!! BTW, how bout hem BEARS! LOL, it's so hard to be proud of that win sunday!!! Cleveland is SOOO bad!!

I LOVE GM vehicles, and particularly Chevy's, but would buy any GM vehicle if I had the $$...Hopefully, one day, soon enough, a 5th Gen CAMARO! Dave_O
Old 11-04-2009, 11:47 PM   #7
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Man...I just don't know about this one.

We were planning on heading up to Chicago to see the Vikings play the Bears on Dec 27th....but....don't know with their current record...and how it's all going to turn out. IF they bite it bad, we're going to pass. If they pull off a few more wins, we'll go.

Just hope it isn't -12 below when we land this time. HOLY SH!T!!! LMAO! Dude...2 degrees at the start of the game...and the offensive linemen are NUTS keeping with tradition (no long sleeves).
Old 11-04-2009, 11:54 PM   #8
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Quote:
Man...I just don't know about this one.

We were planning on heading up to Chicago to see the Vikings play the Bears on Dec 27th....but....don't know with their current record...and how it's all going to turn out. IF they bite it bad, we're going to pass. If they pull off a few more wins, we'll go.

Just hope it isn't -12 below when we land this time. HOLY SH!T!!! LMAO! Dude...2 degrees at the start of the game...and the offensive linemen are NUTS keeping with tradition (no long sleeves).
Yea, I know...We NEED a O-LINE!!! I have been saying this for a LONG time....
That'd be pretty sweet, comin up for the game!!! I am in a debate with myself right now....Asking for Christmas gift of 1. going to Bears @ Lions in Jan....or 2. Going to Camaro5 Fest in April!!! I think I am leaning more towards 2, but don't know!! I MIGHT be able to convince my dad to go to the fest, he like cars...not as much as me, but we go to the World Of Wheels here in Chicago every year for the past few, minus last yr when I was in Disney...
and yea, they are NUTS following that tradition...doesnt the d-line follow it too? Either way, the ones who do are nuts!!!

Old 11-05-2009, 01:47 AM   #9
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

I konw all offensive lineman do. Not sure about D. Freaking CRAZY....NO idea how they do it!
Old 11-05-2009, 01:52 AM   #10
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Quote:
I konw all offensive lineman do. Not sure about D. Freaking CRAZY....NO idea how they do it!
ME EITHER!!! Hell, I can DEAL with it, with underamour and jackets!!! But I don't like it!!! I don't like it SO MUCH, that I plan on moving to...possibly Miami, once I graduate!

Old 11-08-2009, 07:52 PM   #11
TiradoCustomCoatings

Drives: VW Jetta
Might be a little late, but did you find somebody to do the powder coating on your Brembo's? We are located in Seguin, Tx.

Brembo calipers completed:

Front pair

Rear pair

Bolt heads coated to match calipers

Brembo's for STM
Color: Wet black w/clear coat

Rear brembo's:
Color: Candy red w/clear

[IMG]http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p100/carenti88/TCC%20Pics/DS****00.jpg[/IMG]
TiradoCustomCoatings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:12 PM   #12
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

HOLY COW! No. I have not yet done my calipers. I am currently discussing this with Lethal Performace...process, time, cost, etc.

What is the process you use (single/double coat, etc) and if I were to remove all 4 of my calipers from my wheels taking them in and dropping them off, how long would it take for you to get them done and what is your price?

The pix above look FANTASTIC.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:17 PM   #13
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

WOOPS! I'm reading your site info right now. I have a feeling I'll be calling you.

Looks like you do some nice work.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:19 PM   #14
TiradoCustomCoatings

Drives: VW Jetta
Quote:
HOLY COW! No. I have not yet done my calipers. I am currently discussing this with Lethal Performace...process, time, cost, etc.

What is the process you use (single/double coat, etc) and if I were to remove all 4 of my calipers from my wheels taking them in and dropping them off, how long would it take for you to get them done and what is your price?

The pix above look FANTASTIC.
Thank you, we take alot of pride in our work.

Depending on the color you want, you will be getting a minimum of 2 layers. One layer being the actual color, and we include a free clear coat on calipers for better durability. We use a powder coat clear, not a paint clear. If you are going with a candy color (2 layers), you would have a total of 3 layers once you add the clear coat.

We can coat a set of calipers in 2-3 days, they must be completely disassembled to speed up the process.

For 4 pairs of calipers we charge $150, that is for any color and with a free powder coat clear.
TiradoCustomCoatings is offline   Reply With Quote