Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-20-2018, 08:52 AM   #15
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
Forced Induction - delete the cats otherwise they can melt, clog and toast your motor. HiFlow cats are another good option if you live in a state that puts a probe in your exhaust at inspection time.
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 08:57 AM   #16
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
Thank you, i hate when i post something that gets turned into something completely different. But would you know if the resonated x pipe would kill the loudness?

Anyways. To everyone else thank you for the information, i know it will be raspy. I don't have resonators right now, and with the mrt v1, i love the sound, but i want it louder. So i'm doing the cat delete and getting the res x pipe

It doesn't. It maybe takes 15% or so of the loudness but it kills the rasp (and by extension the drone you'll get by having no cats and the MRT V1).
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote