Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-02-2018, 10:48 PM   #1
Omar R.

Drives: 2013 Camaro RS
I don't know what to do at this point

Hi everyone, i need aome help figuring out what i should regarding my current situation. Back in May of 2017 i bought a 2013 Camaro rs v6 as my first car. The only reason i went with a v6 was because that was the only camaro i could afford at the moment. After a couple of months i soon realized i wanted more out of it. I went to the forums on what i can do to get more out of my v6 and ended up buying a hurst short shifter, ported intake manifold, 80mm throttle body and 91 octane tune from overkill. At this point i still want more and i know there's not much i can do with a lfx engine and am thinking of possibly trading it in for a used v8 camaro but after all the money i put into this, is it even worth doing so? Can you people please help me out with this? Thanks!
Omar R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 03:13 AM   #2
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar R. View Post
Hi everyone, i need aome help figuring out what i should regarding my current situation. Back in May of 2017 i bought a 2013 Camaro rs v6 as my first car. The only reason i went with a v6 was because that was the only camaro i could afford at the moment. After a couple of months i soon realized i wanted more out of it. I went to the forums on what i can do to get more out of my v6 and ended up buying a hurst short shifter, ported intake manifold, 80mm throttle body and 91 octane tune from overkill. At this point i still want more and i know there's not much i can do with a lfx engine and am thinking of possibly trading it in for a used v8 camaro but after all the money i put into this, is it even worth doing so? Can you people please help me out with this? Thanks!
Omar, what's your age? Yes, it's a factor.
Also, what are you doing with the car that makes you want more power?
Old 07-03-2018, 07:01 AM   #3
Yellow Bullet

Drives: 2017 Chevy Sonic RS 1.4T
As a young 20 yo, I knew I wouldn't get as much satisfaction out of performance mods for a V6. I had my 2010 2lt for a year(only had cosmetic mods) and then traded up to a 2015 1ss/rs. I will start performance mods after my bumper to bumper is up

2017 Sonic Mosaic Black RS 1.4T
Yellow Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 07:07 AM   #4
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
The V8 is worth it (as long as you can afford it comfortably).

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 08:41 AM   #5
farm rat

Drives: 2011 Vistory Red 1LS
If you kept all your stock parts, put it back to stock and sell the other parts here on the forum. There are plenty of us V6'ers that would buy that stuff (me for one).

Without getting stupid and sacrificing the integrity/reliability of that motor you have gone about as far as you can go.

2011 1LS M6 Victory Red

Sold
1967 Coupe Green and White
1969 SS 396 Hugger Orange
1969 Z/28 All original White with deluxe interior
1970 RS Blue
1978 Coupe Fugly Green
1978 WS-6 Trans-Am Factory 4 speed
1985 IROC-Z Red
farm rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 11:26 PM   #6
Omar R.

I just turned 25 and i don't like the feeling of not going fast enough, the engine sound, not enough torque, and the main reason i want to trade up is the fact that the lfx can't be modded all that much. Im really starting to like working on my car, i did all the mods myself with very little help even though they were pretty minor things.
And yes, i do have all the original parts. I know if i tell the dealer what i have, theyll just down play me with pricing or ask me to replace everything. At this point in my life I'm living by myself and don't have much debt and have been really careful saving my money but I'm willing to spend on a car i really like.
Old 07-03-2018, 11:53 PM   #7
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
I just turned 25 and i don't like the feeling of not going fast enough, the engine sound, not enough torque, and the main reason i want to trade up is the fact that the lfx can't be modded all that much. Im really starting to like working on my car, i did all the mods myself with very little help even though they were pretty minor things.
And yes, i do have all the original parts. I know if i tell the dealer what i have, theyll just down play me with pricing or ask me to replace everything. At this point in my life I'm living by myself and don't have much debt and have been really careful saving my money but I'm willing to spend on a car i really like.
Sometimes teens that are street racing stroll into forums, so when you mentioned it's your first car & you want to go faster, it raised a flag.
Old 07-04-2018, 02:00 AM   #8
Omar R.

I'm guessing that's a commom thing among younger people? And if that's the case, what is your suggestion?
Old 07-04-2018, 02:13 AM   #9
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
I'm guessing that's a commom thing among younger people? And if that's the case, what is your suggestion?
My suggestion to someone younger? Stay away from high powered vehicles until you have a few more years of driving experience & if you want to speed take it to the track.

There are news stories of dumb choices & bad results every week...

Teen to be charged as adult in deadly Bayshore crash
Old 07-08-2018, 01:49 PM   #10
HackSaw

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Omar Might be a good idea to call your insurance company and check how much a SS would increase your premium
HackSaw is offline   Reply With Quote