Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 07:22 PM   #57
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Just let it be that they are building the LTs!!!

You guys put the impatient bug in me and now I'm starting to want to know things...

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
Old 03-31-2009, 07:24 PM   #58
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 rs/ss View Post
I hope it is 0% 60 months
Oh, this would be SOOOOOOOOOOO SWEET!!!!!
Old 03-31-2009, 07:27 PM   #59
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
I THINK things will go MUCH better than planned - much FASTER than planned.

Again, no official data, just a collection of observations and collaboration of various comments I heard, starting from the January IDL mentioning of "increased capacity to do all stripes in house at the plant". JUST - MY - OPINION
Old 03-31-2009, 07:28 PM   #60
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamCamaro View Post

You guys put the impatient bug in me and now I'm starting to want to know things...
The CAMARO SCOTTY thank you pack will be the highlight of your purchase!
Old 03-31-2009, 07:29 PM   #61
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
The CAMARO SCOTTY thank you pack will be the highlight of your purchase!
and the WORST part will be keeping it a secret so others don't know, so you don't ruin the surprise for the next person
Old 03-31-2009, 07:30 PM   #62
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
0% would be super sweet!!!!! DO IT GM....Do it.....Do it.....Bacardi and coke.....Do it
Old 03-31-2009, 07:34 PM   #63
Camaroyoung

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS BLk/IOM
Quote:

Again, no official data, just a collection of observations and collaboration of various comments I heard, starting from the January IDL mentioning of "increased capacity to do all stripes in house at the plant". JUST - MY - OPINION
__________________________________________________ ___

So what are you trying to say????
Old 03-31-2009, 07:39 PM   #64
StarkyLuv
Future 5th Gen Owner

Drives: 2006 Chevy Equinox AWD/LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamCamaro View Post

That's what I want it to be. Let it be a SERIOUS ramp up of what's sure to be their best-selling trim.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:41 PM   #65
StarkyLuv
Future 5th Gen Owner

Drives: 2006 Chevy Equinox AWD/LT
Quote:

You are now on my list of "Completely Heterosexual Man-Crushes".

Congrats, you join Muhammad Ali, Joe Montana, Michael Jordan and Desmond from Lost!
Old 03-31-2009, 07:42 PM   #66
Riderover40

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 2SS LS3 w/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
No, you are not considered a pre-order. Depending FULLY on how many cars your dealer is getting (which he DOES know) and where you are in HIS line will tell you when you can expect yours.
YOu are the first expert that seems to know how the "ordered after pre-order" thing goes, so I ordered a 2SS on March 27. My dealer had 7 V8s allocated (pre-order). Before my order he had deposits on 2 V8s and they had already been pulled for production when I ordered. He stated that my SS will be the next V8 order that gets pulled for his dealership. He "guesses" that I may see my car in June !!! In your opinion are his claims legitimate ? What exactly did ordering before March 15 get you ??? jsu a welcome package ??
Roto Fab CAI, Magnacharger MP2300, Kooks HO SS 1-7/8" LT's, Kook's Catted Connectors, Corsa SS Dual Rear Exit Cat-Back for A6 with Lasered Livernois Signature 4" Dual Wall Exit Pipes, Barton Short Throw. 546 RWHP 517 RWT

This Car Rocks !! "Bring It On" GT-500
Old 03-31-2009, 07:44 PM   #67
Scourage
Syntax Error

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
My dealer's next two pulls weren't supposed to be untill next week and the week after. When I sent him the updated info on the Hurst shifter and told him timing could work out to have it added back on to my order if it does, he replied and said order is already being pulled and I have until today(3/31) to make changes. Quite a dilemna :(

So obviously they must be ready to 'ramp up' production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty
Taken out of context? Was this also referring to the stripes? Not that it matters to me since I have CGM stripes ordered.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:50 PM   #68
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riderover40 View Post
YOu are the first expert that seems to know how the "ordered after pre-order" thing goes, so I ordered a 2SS on March 27. My dealer had 7 V8s allocated (pre-order). Before my order he had deposits on 2 V8s and they had already been pulled for production when I ordered. He stated that my SS will be the next V8 order that gets pulled for his dealership. He "guesses" that I may see my car in June !!! In your opinion are his claims legitimate ? What exactly did ordering before March 15 get you ??? jsu a welcome package ??
I'm no expert- I just follow logic. NOTHING has changed in how the cars are pulled from the dealers. They get "so many total" through Q3 (PGN). You are #X of a total of Y. I have always expected them to complete the PGN earlier than October (better to be safe than sorry). Just because pre-ordering has ended, the PGN hasn't changed because of it. Your dealer (assuming same as US) had 7 CAMAROS allocated (not necessarily V8s) total through Q3. Apparently he only sold 2 of those and you are #3 ? If that's the case, then, yes, IMO, as #3 of 7 you could very well see your car in June.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:54 PM   #69
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
OMG Scott, you have this group worked up into a frenzy! Do you think we should just come right out and tell em? Or should we just let them speculate for a couple hours? It does not matter to me but they all have your address and phone number....lol
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
Old 03-31-2009, 07:57 PM   #70
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
OMG Scott, you have this group worked up into a frenzy! Do you think we should just come right out and tell em? Or should we just let them speculate for a couple hours? It does not matter to me but they all have your address and phone number....lol
Speak your word all knowing Camaro Gods

Closed Thread