Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-27-2013, 08:20 PM   #1
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Room @ host hotel 2013 C-Fest

Looks like I may have an extra room available for Camaro5fest next month. Another member said he "sold" a room at last years fest for $350 and the guy paid the hotel for the room cost.

I'm not feeling to good about selling my reservation, is this an unethical thing to do or would you sell your reservation if you could?
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:26 PM   #2
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
If you sold the room it would def be the scumbag thing to do. There are so many people that are looking for a room. Why not just offer your reservation to them. Maybe they'll buy you dinner. Hopefully you don't sell it.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:33 PM   #3
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
If you sold the room it would def be the scumbag thing to do. There are so many people that are looking for a room. Why not just offer your reservation to them. Maybe they'll buy you dinner. Hopefully you don't sell it.
+1
I just posted I wasn't going to be able to attend and the 1st person to PM me got it!
Worked just fine! Even though the cash would be good! Just kiddin!
Old 07-27-2013, 08:43 PM   #4
Scooter11

Drives: 2013 SW 2LS
Be humble! Are you the kind of person who needs something in return for a good deed? C'mon man, why would you even ask this?
Scooter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:28 PM   #5
OHIOSS
Russ

No I don't need anything in return, I didn't know if selling reservations was a common thing or not. I've never done it. That's why I asked the question because I didn't feel good about offering the room for sale. I already GAVE away one room to a guy in our Camaro club. I had never even considering selling a reservation until a C5 member told me he did it.

If it was a common thing that happens all the time I would consider it, but it's not so I will give it to someone as soon as I find out for sure if it's available.

I just asked the question, no need to rip me or assume I'm a dirtbag. In fact, if my wife isn't able to go I told another C5 member he could bunk in my room and he didn't have to pay me anything for the room. I already paid for the room and I'm going to be staying in it any way, it doesn't cost any more to have somone bunk with me.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:47 PM   #6
BDBiker

Drives: Black 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
You sound like a stand-up guy to me, in a world where just about everyone wants something in return for any act of kindness, it is refreshing to know that there are still guys like you around.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:10 PM   #7
Scooter11

Drives: 2013 SW 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
No I don't need anything in return, I didn't know if selling reservations was a common thing or not. I've never done it. That's why I asked the question because I didn't feel good about offering the room for sale. I already GAVE away one room to a guy in our Camaro club. I had never even considering selling a reservation until a C5 member told me he did it.

If it was a common thing that happens all the time I would consider it, but it's not so I will give it to someone as soon as I find out for sure if it's available.

I just asked the question, no need to rip me or assume I'm a dirtbag. In fact, if my wife isn't able to go I told another C5 member he could bunk in my room and he didn't have to pay me anything for the room. I already paid for the room and I'm going to be staying in it any way, it doesn't cost any more to have somone bunk with me.
What do you think the right thing to do is? Whatever it may be go with it!
Scooter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:23 PM   #8
OHIOSS
Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBiker View Post
You sound like a stand-up guy to me, in a world where just about everyone wants something in return for any act of kindness, it is refreshing to know that there are still guys like you around.
As long as you aren't being sarcastic....thank you very much!
Old 07-28-2013, 01:14 PM   #9
rachykells
Gearhead rocker chick

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro
I wouldn't sell it to make any profit off it. I'd just let them know I have a reserved room for grabs and if they want it for the rate I paid, it's theirs.

I think you'd be doing the right thing and good karma will come out of it. :P
Trifecta Tuned / VMAX ported TB / OBX LT headers / MRT v2.0 / Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe / Roto-Fab CAI / RX catch can / AAC Footwell Lights / Blacked-out Bowties / Smoked tails, side markers, reverse lights / 20% tint
rachykells is offline   Reply With Quote